Custom nail "paperweight" thingys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belllla

Reaction score
Ok so we can't use "nail domes" as a title or label because it's already in use BUT I thought we could have a thread for our homemade versions.

We could post pics up and tips/tricks for others attempting their own.

Ps I had no idea what to call them as I know them as "nail domes".

Xxx

Hell yeah! We just won't mention the obvious :) xx

I noticed that it says patent pending on facebook, do you think this is possible? I can't imagine it being something you could patent.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391038246.338609.jpg this is my second attempt. Thought it looked ok but then could see a bubble :( xx

How do you make them

Wow how did you make that?

Cool I must be a bit behind haven't seen these 'globes' before how do you make them?

I think that's fab Becki!! Xx

Cool I must be a bit behind haven't seen these 'globes' before how do you make them?

Could you call them "nail globes", "custom globes", "custom domes", "customweights", "photoweights", "nailweights" ........ Anyone else?

Karaxxx

Could you call them "nail globes", "custom globes", "custom domes", "customweights", "photoweights", "nailweights" ........ Anyone else?

Karaxxx

Nail Spheres? Has to have the word Nail in it. I like nail globes too.

Making them must be similar to making the Shellac rings. Buy the globes and apply the designs underneath?

Nail poser, flaunt your nails, nail orb, photo orb, photo bubble.

I would go for nail globe as it instantly conjures up a picture as most people know what a snow globe is. That's just my opinion.

Without wanting to mention the obvious...no it can't be patented...

To get patent protection your invention must be:

new, not known anywhere in the world prior to filing
have an inventive step, not obvious or a simple adaptation or combination of existing products
be capable of industrial application, having a technical effect

Hi

They look awesome.

Would somebody mind sending me the details of the kits, where purchased they have used I think I would like to give it a whirl myself :):green:;)

Hi

They look awesome.

Would somebody mind sending me the details of the kits, where purchased they have used I think I would like to give it a whirl myself :):green:;)

I bought mine from amazon. If you search for clear resin 1kg and then there's a 3" resin dome you can get as well. It was about £14 and there's enough resin to make quite a few! Xx

Oh and you tube has some great videos, so look at how to make resin paperweight xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back