Custom nail "paperweight" thingys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ordered my nail dome on Facebook the nail dome page, so easily ordered & paid, no messing, very reasonably priced considering she is posting to ROI, can't wait to receive it & get snapping ;)

I've ordered my nail dome on Facebook the nail dome page, so easily ordered & paid, no messing, very reasonably priced considering she is posting to ROI, can't wait to receive it & get snapping ;)

After my l experience I'm just glad to have a nail globe made by twinners. I will never again buy through Facebook!

After my l experience I'm just glad to have a nail globe made by twinners. I will never again buy through Facebook!

What happened via Facebook?

What happened via Facebook?

I will PM the gorey details but I am livid today I still haven't got a refund and even PayPal have confirmed she is lying to me. Disgraceful!!! I don't care of I get told off for this. If it's s2 people are allowed to vent so what's the difference?

I will PM the gorey details but I am livid today I still haven't got a refund and even PayPal have confirmed she is lying to me. Disgraceful!!! I don't care of I get told off for this. If it's s2 people are allowed to vent so what's the difference?

Have things taken a further downhill spiral since the offer of a refund?
I've been following your 'Dome dilemma'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats Not good ... I'll pm you ... <3
BTW
Iv sent my logo off to Twinners today ... <3

Have things taken a further downhill spiral since the offer of a refund?
I've been following your 'Dome dilemma'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh victoriabar I feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown after this lol! The saga continues, I've returned the item, and she's left it in the Royal Mail sorting office since Friday, still No refund received to date. Last night She told me that I as the buyer need to close down my claim before she can refund me as PayPal doesn't allow refunds with an open case? What? Am I missing something? I just don't get it why can't she just tell PayPal and then refund me!

I called PayPal today and they told me that in no way would they ever do or advise this!

Sorry to be so public but I actually think people need to know this!! Sorry if this gets the thread closed guys but the last one was shut down when genuine concerns were being voiced! I'm a very honest person and I hate feeling I'm being lied to!!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391518501.333420.jpg

Aaaaaargghhhhhhh!!!!!

Oh victoriabar I feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown after this lol! The saga continues, I've returned the item, and she's left it in the Royal Mail sorting office since Friday, still No refund received to date. Last night She told me that I as the buyer need to close down my claim before she can refund me as PayPal doesn't allow refunds with an open case? What? Am I missing something? I just don't get it why can't she just tell PayPal and then refund me!

I called PayPal today and they told me that in no way would they ever do or advise this!

Sorry to be so public but I actually think people need to know this!! Sorry if this gets the thread closed guys but the last one was shut down when genuine concerns were being voiced! I'm a very honest person and I hate feeling I'm being lied to!!

I really feel for you. Can paypal not do anything more? Shes advertising for more custom but yet she can't satisfy her current customers :s

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really feel for you. Can paypal not do anything more? Shes advertising for more custom but yet she can't satisfy her current customers :s

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you
I have to send them a picture of my proof of postage and they said they will just refund it themselves. Going to do that as soon as I get home.

Xxx

In other news... Twinners i have started work on your FB page!!!!
I think we are going with "The picture Dome".
Once it's done I can share it to everyone who can in turn share it etc?!

Last night She told me that I as the buyer need to close down my claim before she can refund me as PayPal doesn't allow refunds with an open case? What? Am I missing something? I just don't get it why can't she just tell PayPal and then refund me!

Actually, I think this is correct as I've just had a similar problem.
I sold an item via eBay however after a couple of weeks I always throw receipts out (clearing out my purse & assuming there isn't a problem). Anyway, a month after sending it, the buyer contacted me to say she hadn't received. It seemed very odd to me that she'd only realised a month later but obviously I'd chucked the receipt so didn't have any evidence.
Before giving me an opportunity to reply, she opened a case against me. When I went in to PayPal to organise a refund because it was an open case it wouldn't let me. It stated due to dispute the case was suspended pending investigation. I couldn't use my PayPal account at all. I even transferred money in to it (at my cost) and it wouldn't work.

Eventually I organised a refund through the eBay links. One week later the item was returned to me. Royal Mail had tried to deliver it and returned it to their office for collection. She never collected it. The outcome? I've got the item back but she was refunded for everything (including postage) despite the fact it was her fault for not collecting it!

I realise you've spoken to PayPal but all I can say is that I had this exact problem and so don't think what she's said is necessarily untrue.

As for not collecting the item since Friday , it's only been 2 working days! She might just have a lot on. I know that very often I can't collect things for a week.

Fingers crossed- I hope you get it sorted.

Actually, I think this is correct as I've just had a similar problem.
I sold an item via eBay however after a couple of weeks I always throw receipts out (clearing out my purse & assuming there isn't a problem). Anyway, a month after sending it, the buyer contacted me to say she hadn't received. It seemed very odd to me that she'd only realised a month later but obviously I'd chucked the receipt so didn't have any evidence.
Before giving me an opportunity to reply, she opened a case against me. When I went in to PayPal to organise a refund because it was an open case it wouldn't let me. It stated due to dispute the case was suspended pending investigation. I couldn't use my PayPal account at all. I even transferred money in to it (at my cost) and it wouldn't work.

Eventually I organised a refund through the eBay links. One week later the item was returned to me. Royal Mail had tried to deliver it and returned it to their office for collection. She never collected it. The outcome? I've got the item back but she was refunded for everything (including postage) despite the fact it was her fault for not collecting it!

I realise you've spoken to PayPal but all I can say is that I had this exact problem and so don't think what she's said is necessarily untrue.

As for not collecting the item since Friday , it's only been 2 working days! She might just have a lot on. I know that very often I can't collect things for a week.

Fingers crossed- I hope you get it sorted.

Hmmmm
Ok maybe it was me not understanding as she said I had to mark it as returned to get a refund, but how can I do that?i don't know it's been returned in fact technically it hasn't yet because she hasn't collected it yet. surely the seller does this???

Maybe PayPal gave me wrong information? As the man said that isn't how it works. If I am wrong I stand corrected!

What I also don't understand and find frustrating is why I am having to wait for her to go to collect it from Royal Mail before I can get a refund?! This could take weeks. This is all such a headache I don't know what's true and what's not to be honest! I've never had to open a PayPal case before!!!!!

Never cancel a case before you get a refund. By closing the case it means its settled and you will not receive a refund.

Give it a few more days and if she hasnt collected message her and ask why, and then contact paypal. Make sure you upload any tracking number you have on the claim as it may speed it up.

Never known anyone to be so unprofessional but yet still has time to advertise and take new orders!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

[QUOTE=Nails

I knew with her other long post in the other thread that I would have issues getting my dome (or refund as the case is now) she basically near enough said it wouldn't be good for those of us with orders pending!

When I went to cancel it said once a claim has been closed it can never be reopened so alarm bells starting ringin to me.

I have sent my tracking info off to PayPal now!

Last edited:
Totally agree DO NOT close the case until you have a refund, its not true that you cant refund whilat a case is open. I recently had cases against me ( I took ages to post, all my own fault) and so refunded. You click on details and refund!! I'll try and take a pic but you absolutely can refund when a case is open.

Dont worry if she doesnt refund as if paypal is agreeing with you and you have proof that it is at the post office for her to claim then they will just take it from her anyway as it will be linked to her bank account.

Ps, you also dont have to mark it as returned to get a refund. You can issue a refund as a seller as any time, just because you want to. Have a play if yiu have any incoming payments and you will see this option.

Totally agree DO NOT close the case until you have a refund, its not true that you cant refund whilat a case is open. I recently had cases against me ( I took ages to post, all my own fault) and so refunded. You click on details and refund!! I'll try and take a pic but you absolutely can refund when a case is open.

I'm sorry, this was absolutely not the case in my experience - as above. I have the screen shots that I offered to send to the person I was dealing with as she made it clear she didn't believe me.

Having said that, I don't really feel this thread is fair anymore. It's far too personal. I do understand where Hazeleyes is coming from but I don't think this is the place to complain about someone and her business. None of us really knows what goes on in each other's lives and maybe other things have taken over.
I'm not justifying the 'sellers' behaviour things could clearly have been better but let's not demonise someone in their absence.....

That's my peace offering for the day !

Oh lordy! Ok, this is a different thread from before, for all of our homemade domes, so shall we all agree to not mention 'the obvious' again, or I fear we may have another lock-down, which would be a shame!

I'm trying to catch up, but today's been full of admin...I'll catch everybody in a couple of hours!!

&#10084;&#65039;'s you all xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back