Cut my nails off for a good cause. . . but sooo unhappy!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
So I was about to make this my first blog post, but wanted to share with the masses instead and get some love from my Geek friends.

I had a really, really awful, painful, agonising break of two natural nails this week, and while crying to a friend about it, we had a thought. . .
So instead of having two replacement tips done while they grow back, I had friends and family who know how much I love my nails 'sponsor' me to cut them all off for a local appeal.

They really came through, and I made £70 to contribute toward life saving Cancer treatment in Europe for a local mother of six who made the appeal!!

I'm so happy I could help with something like that, and I know they'll grow back and it's not really that important in the grand scheme of things- but I'm now the miserable owner of 10 ugly little nubbins on the end of my fat fingers lol.

Shellac and Solar Oil are my best friends while I start the nail journey all over again! :) See the pics for the before and after and please send some happy Geek vibes xx

Attachments

• image_0002.jpg
    image_0002.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 959
  • image_0003.jpg
    image_0003.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 412
Hugs....have to say I'm loving my nails short at the minute.

Well done on raising money.

I have two things in the pipe line at the mo.

Breast cancer awareness photo shoot. (baring all but covered up, calendar girls style)

And trick or treat game to raise money for clic Sargent.

Every little bit we can do helps, even if it means losing ur lovely nails.

Xxx

well done on raising the money. I actually prefer your nails shorter (sorry) they look so lovely in that colour. I understand tho, its how you feel about then. your probably bot used to them short so now they feel and look strange to you! I just cut all mine down as I broke two but not as badly as you did by the sounds of it lol. I love short dark nails I think they look nice and neat. Your nails will grow back in no time! (but I do love them short!) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

well done on raising the money. I actually prefer your nails shorter (sorry) they look so lovely in that colour. I understand tho, its how you feel about then. your probably bot used to them short so now they feel and look strange to you! I just cut all mine down as I broke two but not as badly as you did by the sounds of it lol. I love short dark nails I think they look nice and neat. Your nails will grow back in no time! (but I do love them short!) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

gig1 you took the words right out of my mouth (Ooooh I feel a song coming on) :lol:

What a fab you done to raise some money for charity though!
I agree that your nails do look lovely short too.
I'm sure it will not take you long to grow them back. x

I think the short ones look FAB. Great idea raising money for cancer. :)

Ah Fee-Fee I feel your pain my lovely but what a great way to make a positive out of a horrid negative lol

Good girl!!!! xx

Good for you turning it round into something positive, I think your nails are lovely short and agree with those above short nails with dark polish are fab.

Annie xx

Thanks everyone! I agree, short dark nails look great- just not on me!! They look much better in the picture than they do in person lol.
I'm looking at the positives though- I helped a great cause, and now I don't get face cream all stuck underneath my nails!

Love you all xx

Well done you :D What a wonderful thing to do for a good cause - i too would have been close to tears at having to cut my nails if they were as beautiful as your natural ones but knowing that you have helped someone out then it is all for the greater good xxx

So I was about to make this my first blog post, but wanted to share with the masses instead and get some love from my Geek friends.

I had a really, really awful, painful, agonising break of two natural nails this week, and while crying to a friend about it, we had a thought. . .
So instead of having two replacement tips done while they grow back, I had friends and family who know how much I love my nails 'sponsor' me to cut them all off for a local appeal.

They really came through, and I made £70 to contribute toward life saving Cancer treatment in Europe for a local mother of six who made the appeal!!

I'm so happy I could help with something like that, and I know they'll grow back and it's not really that important in the grand scheme of things- but I'm now the miserable owner of 10 ugly little nubbins on the end of my fat fingers lol.

Shellac and Solar Oil are my best friends while I start the nail journey all over again! :) See the pics for the before and after and please send some happy Geek vibes xx

u are lovely for doing this, beautiful inside and out.

but have to say i prefer them short. they look fab and cute xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Well done for turning it into a positive thing. I broke one on Friday, which very rarely happens to me, so I now have short, dark nails. I did it in work (I don't do nails full time) so no one cared but I was devestated at the time! (Didn't cry though, you're on your own there!)

You probably think they don't look nice in the flesh just because you're used to them being so long. I love shorter nails, dark colours look so much better IMO, I have short nails, I couldn't cope with them being that long, I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do, how would I pick my nose?? :eek: :D
Seriously though, I think they look lovely and you have done a wonderful thing. Good for you! :) xx

You're all very sweet, thank you. I've seen some beautiful hands with short nails, but they just don't flatter my chubby fingers!

Planky, I've kept my nails that long for about 5 years and got used to working around them, but it's interesting how much easier I find doing certain things without them! Typing was funny the first day though- I kept missing the keys because I didn't press down on the keyboard enough, forgetting there wasn't a nail there to accomodate, if you see what I mean. xx

You did an amazing thing and should be proud of yourself.

While you are growing them back, why don't you keep weekly updates and pics on your facebook page and make it all about "how to grow your nails". So many clients want long, beautiful nails, i'm sure they would appreciate a bit of how to xx

Well done you! such a nice thing to do. Suddenly having short nails is a killer (I'll be cutting all mine off next weekend but for other reasons) but they'll soon grow back.

By the way I think they look very pretty short

Kxx

You did an amazing thing and should be proud of yourself.

While you are growing them back, why don't you keep weekly updates and pics on your facebook page and make it all about "how to grow your nails". So many clients want long, beautiful nails, i'm sure they would appreciate a bit of how to xx

Thanks for the suggestion- it's a fab idea! I keep pictures of everything I ever do to my nails, and considered starting a blog so I think I'll go for it xx
I've got a few Shellac clients trying to grow as well, so it's nice for me to also be in their shoes and go through the process with them :)

Latest posts

Back