Cutting corners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Morning all

I am so astonished at what some people class as a good service when giving a nail service. Last week I went to see about working in a new salon in my area and I was asked to come in and meet everyone and to bring in my portfolio.Well when I was there the lady that owns the salon was doing a set of gel nails and I noticed that she never did any prep work nothing, all she did was to ruff up the nail plate . This i could not believe and to top it all off the she was telling the clients how bad l+p were for your nails and that gel didnt yellow or damage your nails and really bad slating it. I know there are positive with gel but as with anything i also now the disadvantages but you could say that with all the systems I think it is just a preference. Well I have decide that I do not want to work there it seems a tad dodgy and she wants the staff to pay for everything including the saturday girl wages and she is only 15 i thought you had to be 16 to work?

Good decision :)

Someone once said, what you pay attention to, that will grow. Well, ignore that ignorance and move on :hug:

i would not work there either,
15 year olds can work a small number of hours per week, not sure how many though, hth :hug:

oh right i was not sure as some1 told me that you had to be 16 but i know from when i was at school you could have a little part time job.

In any case why in hell would you agree to help pay anyone in the salon??

It amazes me when new clients come into you for nails who have been having there nails done for years and when you prep the nail they say " oh don't bother with that i've never had that done before". My reply always was " i need to do it,it's only a lazy nail technician that wouldn't do it".

I know there are positive with gel but as with anything i also now the disadvantages but you could say that with all the systems I think it is just a preference.

Most of the disadvantages to do with systems and products are the techs using them..
You did the right thing in not lowering your standards.. well done x

It amazes me when new clients come into you for nails who have been having there nails done for years and when you prep the nail they say " oh don't bother with that i've never had that done before". My reply always was " i need to do it,it's only a lazy nail technician that wouldn't do it".

Ive had this sort of thing happen a few times,when Im doing cuticle work ,Ive had people say ',Ive never had that done before when Ive had my nails done ',most definatly cutting a corner there Id say.:confused:

I dont understand why the other self employed people there are agreeing to pay this saturday girl and these people are paying £30 a day to work there plus getting all there own products. It really does not seem worth any of them working there as at present as the owner is doing most of the treatments for half price so how any of these girls are making any money is beyond me.

I worked in a salon renting a space and the lady was a total con woman kept trying to get mre out of us it so bad i got out of there after a few months but some of these people are just con artists and because its there premises and are looked upon as a manager although the staff are self employed,the staff can sometimes be too shy to speak up. Any just keep dishing out there money and are then making nothing for themself. Some people the more they see you make the more they ask for like my previous woman. I then moved to a salon where my rent stayed the same for 4 years never any issues and was also £600 pound cheaper amonth than my previous conwoman who was charging £1250 a month just to rent a nail desk no beauty room or nowt.

Latest posts

Back