Daisy Soak Off Gel reviews please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLR

Reaction score
Ive come across Daisy soak off gel and its really appealing to me! Great deal on at the moment too so very tempted to try it out However before taking the plunge I thought id see how many of you have tried this out and what you think of it

Haven't tried it or heard of it but I'd like to know where you have found these gels?? Intrigued :)

Well today I got through my badge for the professional beauty exhibiton and with it was a "savings book" it was mentioned in there so I went online to look it up :)

I have never heard of it either. If it is such a good deal and it appeals to you, then just get some then you can let us know what it is like.

I purchased 2 colors awhile back ago, and they're just sitting here collecting dust. Don't bother wasting your money. They're not that great.

I better get into detail. I put Daisy's "punk rock" on one hand, and Gelish's "rendezvous" on another for comparison. (Only my pinkies had acrylic enhancement on them at the time... I know, I be sportin some crazy nails :lol: ) Anyway, Gelish application was superb as usual. Daisy... I had a bit of difficulty. The base cures kinda funky, and I didn't notice it til the first coat of color. Even with dry brushing, the shrinkage was horrendous. Even with the recomended 3 minutes of curing, I didn't feel it was cured enough. I removed the tacky layer off the final color coat before topcoat (out of habit from axxium usage because dark colors tend to stain my topcoat brush) and saw a lot more color than I'm used to on the wipe. After a few days of wear, it started cracking, lifting, and chipping. The one on the pinky over the acrylic sorta just started to fade away at the free edge. Compared to the other hand with the Gelish, it just didn't look good. I gave it another go with the other color I bought "natural blush", same staying power. I did use their complete system... ph bond, base, color, and topcoat. Also it smells a bit strong compared to Gelish. So I decided not to use it on anybody.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review! I did think maybe the prices and offer was a bit too good to be true (buy 5 colours worth £60 and get base top and some primer thing free worth £30!) Shame :(

Yea it's not worth it. With that staying power, you're better off using that money towards some good nail polish :lol: Good thing I only bought 2 colors plus the other stuff... not a big loss. x

wait till you go to the show and they might be doing demos, when i went to beautyUK millennium had just bought out a gel polish, and were doing an LED lamp worth £200, 6 gel polishes and a top and base coat for £199.... i thought it was a joke and the product must be rubbish. but they had a woman doing demos and she did it on my nails and it looked amazing, i bought it and i bloomin love it!!! personal preference but always take into consideration other geeks experiences :D

wait till you go to the show and they might be doing demos, when i went to beautyUK millennium had just bought out a gel polish, and were doing an LED lamp worth £200, 6 gel polishes and a top and base coat for £199.... i thought it was a joke and the product must be rubbish. but they had a woman doing demos and she did it on my nails and it looked amazing, i bought it and i bloomin love it!!! personal preference but always take into consideration other geeks experiences :D

It does say they will be doing demos so will be interesting to see that! Sounds like you got a great hun! What brand are you using? x

It does say they will be doing demos so will be interesting to see that! Sounds like you got a great hun! What brand are you using? x

i still use millennium gel polish, when i built my kit up they were really well priced but now they've gone up alot and you have to pay stupid postage so when it comes to getting new kit i will proberly transfer over to gelish, i use gelish hard gel for extensions but i'm just in the practicing stage :D

Hi. I bought some as I'd seen an article in Scratch and they were mentioned in that. As a newbie I thought the price was worth a try as I can't afford much as I'm just starting to set up.
My first application only lasted a few days before chipping so I was a bit gutted but persevered. My last application lasted just over 2 weeks and the colour was still beautifully shiny. I was especially pleased because my own nails are weak and peeling right now following all the practises at college so I didn't expect it to last!
I haven't tried Shellac or Gellish so I can't compare to them although I have had Shellac applied in a salon before and it didn't suit my nails and din't last longer than a few days.

Like I say I haven't got the knowledge or experience of other geeks on this site, but for me, with practise I've got a 2 week manicure out of it so for me I can't ask for more than that!

Daisy?? Sounds like a Tesco brand of toiletries. Sorry i couldn't resist!:D

Daisy?? Sounds like a Tesco brand of toiletries. Sorry i couldn't resist!:D

:lol: "Daisy extra quilted" ... "Daisy with fresh scent"
It does, doesn't it!

:lol: "Daisy extra quilted" ... "Daisy with fresh scent"
It does, doesn't it!
I actually buy the Daisy toilet and bathroom cleaner when im penny pinching! :lol:

Latest posts

Back