Damage caused by NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She visited a non standard salon hun, there are quite a few of them about.

the lady in question came into the salon today so that I could see how she was getting on with her poorly thumb. I have updated the pictures in my album to show that the tumour looking thing on her thumb nail has gone down considerably but it seems that they have drilled straight through her nail bed and it looks to me like her matrix is exposed but I could be wrong.

Her Nail bed is defiantly exposed can anyone else give there opinions on it. Salon Geek
Debbie

the lady in question came into the salon today so that I could see how she was getting on with her poorly thumb. I have updated the pictures in my album to show that the tumour looking thing on her thumb nail has gone down considerably but it seems that they have drilled straight through her nail bed and it looks to me like her matrix is exposed but I could be wrong.

Her Nail bed is defiantly exposed can anyone else give there opinions on it. Salon Geek
Debbie

OUCH! Poor thing, by my guessing if you could see her lunula (sr?) before then they have drilled straight into the end of her matrix. The top of the nail bed looks completely gone, but seems to be healing very fast (thank god, lets hope it keeps on that way) I would say to put a plaster over it because the epinicium has nothing to hold on to and infection can get it. Has she gone to her GP yet? (but remember I'm in training!)

Definitely her nail bed! You can see the edges of the nail. It looks a lot better and clean now. It may not recover completely though!

She has a large lunula which means there was a large area of delicate nail exposed. It takes no time at all with an e-file in this area to so this level of damage.

Never use an e-file on a natural nail plate :eek:

Dear Debbie

I Really do hope that your client's nail is getting well, and sorry to read/see that she had to experience such a thing. It is absolutely horrible that the electric file is actually used on the nail plate. We all know how important the matrix is and with that having trauma applied to it as we see, the results are shocking.

I can't understand why they use the electric file - they must know that its causes damage.

VelvetRose80

Not being a nail geek, I only do the occassional mani or pedi.

I think these pics should be printed out and put up in every salon! (obviously copywrite permission obtained etc.)

People need to actually see what can happen when they choose the lower standard 'trained' therapist (not alway the cheaper option either!). Poor woman, must have been in agony.

Thank you for posting this Thread, I have followed with interest although I havent any advice to add (the geeks got it covered lol), photos of the recovery of her nail are great for us to see, thanks again.

i agree with marian (mum),that is definately her nail bed showing.
im not sure if i would put a plaster on it though i think it depends on how it feels to the client as i think if i could i would want to leave it uncovered for it to dry up as you dont want it to stay wet because of infection.
you both seem to be doing a good job so far anyway with keeping it clean so fingers crossed.x

I have uploaded some more photos of my lady with the damaged nail after going to a nns
this is 3 to 4 weeks later after a hospital visit and a course of antibotics. Her thumb swoll twice its size and was very tender to touch.
she has kindly allowed me to post the pictures its no longer sore but it isnt pretty to look at thought i would update you all so you can see her progress

Poor lady. She must be feeling so fed up!! All that hassle for a cheap set of nails. Thank you for the update. I logged on here to show a friend of mine the pictures the other day. She uses an NSS and i thought it was a good idea to show her the danger if it!! She's been put off and has said she wont be going back so thanks for posting. :hug:

the worry she has now is that its not going to grow back, she is worried to death about it.

Woww, I have no idea who on earth could do that damaged. I'm using dril at my salon but never seen anything like that, impossible to use the drill to do that unless that lady in very very deep sleep. Feel sorry for her but I saw one of my client have her gell nail done by a girl who works in a standard salon in Byfleet and use file (not drill) and I couldn't believed her nail been file down to her nail bed. Its mean whatever you used file or drill if you have no brain and don't have train properly and that is a result. Hope you client get better and back to your salon to have her nail done ;)

the worry she has now is that its not going to grow back, she is worried to death about it.

Only time will tell i guess :eek: It must be very upsetting though. She obviously like her nails to look nice or she wouldnt have them enhanced in the first place and now she has to see this horrible finger every day!! Has she made a complaint to the company that casued this damage? I must say, i think i'd struggle not to lose my temper with the horrible untrained idiot that had caused this sort of damage to me. I feel angry for her and i dont know her!!!!

as of yet she still hasnt complained to anyone but ive spoken to her and her husband and asked them if they would at least call the health auth. she doesnt like confrontation so im not sure if she will or not.

as of yet she still hasnt complained to anyone but ive spoken to her and her husband and asked them if they would at least call the health auth. she doesnt like confrontation so im not sure if she will or not.

:irked: oh well. Keep us posted. It will be great if her nail grows back normally. On the plus side, i'm sure she wont be stepping foot in a NSS again and i'm sure she'll be a client for life x

Latest posts

Back