Daytime Mobile Techs Help Needed Pls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
Hi, I have just passed my EN course and ideally want to go mobile, but as my husband is in the army and away so much it will be impossible for me to do night appointments (we have 2 kids) so my question is this, are there any geeks that do purely daytime mobile work and does it work well for them?

XXX Jess

hiya, congratulations on passing your EN course.

i work has a mobile nail tech but i do work evenings, but iam stopping working so many evening from september when i start my teaching. I would just like to say that i do know a few mobile nail techs that only work during the day and it works well, they have busy and quiet week like the rest of us.

good luck.:hug:

Hi Jess congrats on your pass!

The clients I have prefer to have their nails done on mornings and early afternoons for some reason, I am able to do evenings but I dont have any demand for it hardly just on the rare occasion if im booked during the day so I would definitely say that evenings aren't necessarily when people want their nails done. My schedule works fine!
Hope that helps!

i have been doing nails and permanent make up for nearly 7 years and have hardly ever worked in the evenings (and i don't ever work on a sunday!).....my diary is planned out carefully to work round my husbands shifts - all my appoinmtment times are marked clearly so i never get confused!! not many of my clients want evening appointments but its never been a problem for me.

I am a mobile therapist and the majority of my work is in the evenings, but most of my clients are 9 - 5 workers,

How old are your children ? Would it be possible to have some clients at home in the evening ? maybe two nights a week.

I am a mobile therapist and the majority of my work is in the evenings, but most of my clients are 9 - 5 workers,

How old are your children ? Would it be possible to have some clients at home in the evening ? maybe two nights a week.

Hi my kids are 9 and 4. I'll be on my own in the house thou as my husband is going away soon. I'm very happy to have people I know come round, but not so keen for strangers to come to the house (I am I being a bit paranoid maybe)

Thanks for your replies so far xx

Any other daytime mobile techs views??:)

i work mobile during the day only and its is the majority of my clientelle, my appointments start at 9.30 and my last mobile appointment being 2pm then i start work from home in the evenings for the clients who come to me, i tend to work at home from 8pm but i do have a few clients per weekthat i will fit in who finish work at 5 and its more convenient for them to come after work, but i do tell them that by them coming to me at that time my boys will be around (they are good they go upstairs and dont come down till my client has gone).
my mobile clients range from stay at home mums, elderly ladies, and as where i live is a seaside town i also have a lot of girls who work in bars etc and also exotic dancers so these are my main mobile day appointments.
my appointments i have in the evenings do realise that i have kids and that due to their dad working away all the time, that i am on my own with the boys but my clients accept this because i am working out of hours for them.
if you are going to do mobile during the day and doing evening appointments from your home i would ask a friend to come round first of all especially new clients then they can watch tv upstairs with your kids and be in the background, at least it gives you piece of mind...but touch wood i have never felt uncomfortable with any of my evening clients.
alot of people do find it hard work doing mobile but i really love it and once you get used to it and knowing what you need to take instead of taking everything its really enjoyable, your out the house, your own boss and its like going to friends for coffee and a chat because you build up a real repore with your regular mobile clients and the money you earn is your own, i wear a uniform and this really gets me noticed and makes me feel more professional, and my clients like to show me off to their friends....oh my nail lady is due in half an hour etc...

I tend to do daytime appointment but can work late at a push lol. I don't like to make a habit out of working late as i like to be at home to put my children to bed and ontime (they are 8 and 5).

I am mobile and i only work school hours.Occasionally i will fit peeps in on weekend or evening,but not often.

I do ok,financially,many of my clients are young mums who only work part time,but i do think if i did evening and weekend appointments i would probably double my turnover.For me at the moment that is not an option so as long as i am in profit,then i am happy.
Hth

Hiya.

It depends on what type of customer you are aiming for.

I start work at 9.30, finish in time to collect my children from school and then start again at 5.30 for evening appointments. As hubby walk in the door, I walk out the back to my studio and hubby becomes tea superviser and receptionist for me:lol:

My eveining appointments are normally those who work 9-5. They like to come in the evening as it means their Saturdays are free, and I don't mind working evening's. If I was to stop evening work, most of them would just change to a Saturday, and those who have to work on a Saturday normally have a day off in the week.

If you are happy to work on Saturday then you cover all angles. If you only want to work daytime Mon to Fri, you are excluding those who work 9-5.

Good luck with your new business.

Hi hun, I work in the day and evenings. Evenings are getting to annoy me now sometimes it can be 4 - 5 a week which isn't very sociable. My hubby's also in the army, and it is very difficult.

If he's away, I've employed babysitters; even when I am in the house to keep my son amused. But that does play on my mind a bit.

Don't worry about strangers in the house. I've done this 6 years now and tbh I've never had a problem. Have an allocated area or they tend to walk off in the wrong direction and end up in your living room!

I do a bit of daytime work I prefer it tbh as my brain is more fresh. When we move to York I'm getting Sam a nursery place so I can work in the day hopefully!

You have to be prepared to try and accomodate clients in business they may work in the day and have no option other than evenings.

Hth's xx

Thanks for all the replies guys, you've all been really helpful!

Jess x

Latest posts

Back