Decided to rent room in hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Further to my previous thread, I must be mad but I've decided to go for renting the beauty room within a hairdressers. I start 24th June which gives me some time to get bums on seats & think of some special packages & promotions.

The rent includes all bills etc, plus use of the spray tan machine, hot stones & Clean & Easy wax system. There are lots of bits & pieces like wax strips, eye lash tint, cotton wool etc there for me to use, so all I need to get initially are the facial & body treatment products from Algologie.

(If anything goes wrong with the spray tan, the salon owner will sort it out).

Best of all, I'm not tied in to any lengthy contract.

Also I need to sort out training for the spray tan. Currently they use Fake Bake. I'm waiting for the hairdresser to get back to me on all the ins & outs about the spec of the machine - not sure if there's more than 1 type?

Now geeks, what's the best way to go about training. There will be 4 or 5 of us doing it. Is it best to stick with FB or is it better to go with Tantrick or Sienna X as so many of you rave about those 2 companies.

Is all training at venues or do trainers come out to you?

Anything else I need to know about the tanning?

Any advice much appreciated.

No advice hun, but congratulations & good luck! :hug:

xx

congrats Cogsi, sometimes making the decision is the hardest thing!

from what I can gather, the trainer generally comes out to you.

Good luck with your new venture.

I'd say as there are a few to be trained the trainer will come to the salon.....have a look at Celebrity Secrets Sunless Tanning, Spray Tanning and Skin Care from Celebrity Secrets I love this product and so do my clients, I get so many referrals and have had to turn at least 10 spray tans away this week!

GOOD LUCK, If you need any help pm me or give me a call

Debbie

Thanks for the votes of confidence gals :).

Have taken some of my pricelists into hair salon & hairdressers & clients are impressed with wide range of treatments we do, as current therapist is only level 2 qualified so doesn't do very 'exciting' treatments.

Also showed them my current special offers for existing salon which has created lots of interest :).

I've been putting my thinking cap on & have come up with some really good incentives to get bums on seats, so to speak.

I'm planning on doing on open event or such like on Sat 21st June (I start 24th) so we can hand out leaflets & goodie bags etc to get more bookings.

Sarah, I bet your open evening will be a success, you have had plenty of experience of doing things like this.

I know your open evening will be great, and I am sure you will have a line of ladies waiting for your treatment.

Good luck anyway

Debi

Latest posts

Back