Dermalogica - any opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Good afternoon peeps!

I'm normally a Nail Geek, but I thought I'd best ask you Skin Geeks for your opinion on Dermalogica. It's been recommended to me as I've been looking to switch my skincare regime around a bit (I've been a Clarins girl as long as I can remember!).

Anyway, what do you think of Dermalogica (if you've even heard of it - I hadn't until a couple of days ago!!!)? Is it good value for money, etc?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, fellow geeks!

Kirst

They used to use deralogica in a salon where i once worked nice products.
Are you wanting to use them for yourself or clients?
If you have been happy using clarins why would you want to change?

Hiya!

It's really just for myself. I've just been feeling like a need a change. My skin doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. It was oily/combination since my teens, then over the last year it got dry and now it seems really sensitive and red, so I thought maybe a change of products would perhaps help.

I'm going to be 30 this year (yikes!!) and I'm due to get married at the end of next year. I really just want to start looking my best, I suppose.

Nimue gets rave reviews x

Dermalogica is a very good range - a bit on the pricey side but a little goes a long way. Having said that, if you get the right products from any professional range, your skin should improve. Sometimes we need a bit of help from a qualified therapist to know what's best to use.

If you want results id bookin for a course of Skincare treatments with Dermalogica abd if you can afford it go for a course of 5 just before you gat married to get optimum results.

Apart from Dermalogica id try Nimue or Academie like Urban geek says.
Academie are gonna be doing an AHA treatments which will be FANTASTIC for brides to be,or Nimue will give quick results cause they are famous for thier Glycolic,lactic abd citric acid formulations in thier treatments.

Check these 3 brands and youll be impressed im sure.

I.D Bare escentuals are very good at covering high red colour too,the bisque product is EXCELLENT and contains an spf 20...BONUS:green:

Thought i'd better reply and then theres three southampton geeks in a row! I used to use dermalogica in my salon(when i still had it) and it used to walk off the shelves, i didnt even need to sell it. The products are really good and you do see results, but you must get them recommended by a dermalogica therapist for your skin type and conditions, otherwise you may be wasting money(as they will prescribe the correct ones for you). Any therapist worth thier weight will give you a free skin analysis, otherwise book in for a mini facial and thsi gives your skin a little MOT at the same time.
Good luck in your discovery x:)

Latest posts

Back