Dermalogica Price Increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the Esty's in the US have dropped Dermalogica because Dermalogica started selling it product through SEARS online. That is probably why your price's have gone up. Dermalogica lost MILLIONS of dollars doing that. Am sure they which they had not done it - to late now.

The Esty's here in florida won't touch the stuff. Dermalogica doesn't even bother to contact professionals anymore because they keep getting hung up on and or told off. No one is attending theirs schools. Etc.

You might want to tell your Reps that you know what happened with SEARS in the U.S. and since Dermalogica is no longer a professional brand you don't want it anymore.

For those of you that want to I'm not sure how you get Sears over there but I can type in sears.com and it comes right up. You might want to type in www.sears.com then do a search for Dermologica.

Sorry Guys

Chere McCoy
Pres, Ego Hour, Inc.
Vero Beach, FL

Most of the Esty's in the US have dropped Dermalogica because Dermalogica started selling it product through SEARS online. That is probably why your price's have gone up. Dermalogica lost MILLIONS of dollars doing that. Am sure they which they had not done it - to late now.

The Esty's here in florida won't touch the stuff. Dermalogica doesn't even bother to contact professionals anymore because they keep getting hung up on and or told off. No one is attending theirs schools. Etc.

You might want to tell your Reps that you know what happened with SEARS in the U.S. and since Dermalogica is no longer a professional brand you don't want it anymore.

For those of you that want to I'm not sure how you get Sears over there but I can type in sears.com and it comes right up. You might want to type in www.sears.com then do a search for Dermologica.

Sorry Guys

Chere McCoy
Pres, Ego Hour, Inc.
Vero Beach, FL

What's an "Esty"?

I'm assuming Esthetician ... American name for qualified Beauty Therapist

Ive just come across this thread... I want to add I'm in Australia and we are having the same issues. dermalogica is now in David Jones (a large department store), chemists and any filthy little 'salon' that will fork out the $.
dermalogica say that the department stores can only have it if they have a qualified therapist and functioning salon there... dermalogica Australia have also opened a very small shop in a major city arcade where they face map and sell product... no salon.

For those saying people get caught out because they don't know what to buy, I disagree, they come to my salon and ask me directly what to use, get samples then buy of the net, really you can't blame them!

There is a certain site that all my clients buy off where you can buy product cheaper than what I can for wholesale... of course dermalogica has no idea how they get their product.

I am a tiny salon, for many years I worked on my own or with one or two other therapists. I really love my job and feel blessed to be able to look after others.

I am so disappointed in dermalogica, my management of the current situation is to not carry much stock and keep an eye out for an alternative. The problem is I have carried dermalogica for 14 years and have spent many hours explaining to clients why they should use dermalogica and now I want them to buy something else.. well they just still go and buy it off the net...

I have had so many reps over the last few year some of them not even therapists, I must admit my current rep is wonderful, what a job she!

What a difficult situation they have created. A great brand has turned common!

Ive just come across this thread... I want to add I'm in Australia and we are having the same issues. dermalogica is now in David Jones (a large department store), chemists and any filthy little 'salon' that will fork out the $.
dermalogica say that the department stores can only have it if they have a qualified therapist and functioning salon there... dermalogica Australia have also opened a very small shop in a major city arcade where they face map and sell product... no salon.

For those saying people get caught out because they don't know what to buy, I disagree, they come to my salon and ask me directly what to use, get samples then buy of the net, really you can't blame them!

There is a certain site that all my clients buy off where you can buy product cheaper than what I can for wholesale... of course dermalogica has no idea how they get their product.

I am a tiny salon, for many years I worked on my own or with one or two other therapists. I really love my job and feel blessed to be able to look after others.

I am so disappointed in dermalogica, my management of the current situation is to not carry much stock and keep an eye out for an alternative. The problem is I have carried dermalogica for 14 years and have spent many hours explaining to clients why they should use dermalogica and now I want them to buy something else.. well they just still go and buy it off the net...

I have had so many reps over the last few year some of them not even therapists, I must admit my current rep is wonderful, what a job she!

What a difficult situation they have created. A great brand has turned common!

I am also in America and we have HUGE threads on our message boards about just this topic.

Also, I "was" a faithful and loyal dermalogica supporter for nearly 20-years, when I finally saw what they were doing to us and chose to stop selling them. It was scary, but now as I look back, I am SO GLAD I did. Sales were walking out t
he door; clients who I had introduced to d. were buying it online at a cheaper rate (just like what is happening all over the globe); and it was just hurtful what my "Mentor" was doing to back stab all the people who made her famous.

The clients who love you will switch to whatever you get passionate about. They ones who don't, well, there are other ways to make money. Let them go and concentrate on the clients who will support you and your vision. Get out of the corporate mess that dermalogica (and others) have made.

I don't know if the UK or Australia has what we call Private Label manufacturers, but for me, that was the way to go. Now I set the price, choose the product, and reap the profits.

As a final note, I am so saddened when I read what d. has done to their once brilliant brand. Such a shame. But it's their bed, and they will suffer the consequences. Eventually, no consumer will be interested, no matter what the price.

not happy with dermalogica price increase etc follow the link Petition - Salon Geek
follow the instructions

if we get enough an get it to all the people ive stated we might get somewhere xxx

Latest posts

Back