Dermalogica see's the light, finally!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone

For those of you who are dermalogica salons, did you get your updated prices today with the new terms and conditions?

Well dermalogica have been losing salons all over the uk for the past couple of years, mainly due to the internet selling of the products, and the ridiculous discounts given on line.

Today with there yearly price up date came a very nice surprise! They are setting different level for their cost prices! Yay! And its in salons favour! The increase is as much as 25% on some products that the big greedy internet sellers will pay.

As far as I am concerned being a small salon who has seen a massive decline in retail sales over the years, its fantastic news!

A great big thumbs up to dermalogica and I only hope other companys will follow this example, and I do hope it works out well.

I think its about time our product suppliers saw the bigger picture and appreciate that without the hard working salons and dedicated therapists their professional brands would never become as well known.

Hopefully this will encourage clients into the salon to be facemapped again and retailed the correct products for their skin.

What are your thoughts?

Ooh that's sounds interesting. I haven't had mine yet so hopefully will be in the post tomorrow. Sounds good though. Fingers crossed I will sell more now!

Just got ours today, was a bit confused at first but now I see small salons will be able to benefit more!

Or is it too little too late?

This is why we'll never allow our salon only products to be sold online!

I'm not a beauty geek, but that's great news. I just hope it happens to tigi and they stop retailing in cheapo shops at prices lower than I can get from warehouse's xoxo

Too little too late I feel. I wonder how far Dermalogica thought they could push small salons before they started to walk away.
First there was the (broken) promise that they would never sell online - and now they do DIRECTLY (but not before making you jump through hoops if YOU want to and withdrawing your right to participate in their online scheme if you do!)

Now there are stand alone "retail stores" that started appearing (stocking offers some of which are not available to salons stockists!)

Also with the big online sellers - you know who they are! Will this price increase "really" make a difference (and is it TRULY being upheld?) when my old Dermalogica rep informed me that (one company in particular) was returning up to £40000 yes £40000 worth of Dermalogica products PER MONTH (and this she told me was why Dermalogica have withdrawn/are looking into the right to withdraw your right to return unwanted/unsuitable products that a client returns to you if you sell online.

If this is what they were returning per month - imagine the amount they were selling! If it puts them in particular off of purchasing Dermalogica then without such Huge amounts of returns (prior to the withdrawal/pending withdrawal of the right to return for online sellers) then It's win win Dermalogica!

I got mine yesterday, a nice surprise, hope it puts those big Internet companies nose out of joint!!

All the cheap Internet sales were devaluing the product, hopefully by doing this Dermalogica will get some of their dignity back.

Just got ours today, was a bit confused at first but now I see small salons will be able to benefit more!

I too was a little confused at first!! I had to take it home to read!! At first I was like WTF some of the 3rd tier prices were like £5 more than the current cost!! Then I worked it out! Lol

Although its great for us it's also great for dermalogica as the large accounts that order lots of stock will still be place g big orders but paying a lot more for the products!!!

I'm confused can someone give and example as in a small salon buys X for £10 so the Internet stores by it for £12.50?

Has the cost going up at all for salons?

Have the RRP's changed?

-S

Also the big accounts would be demanding huge discounts for the bulk orders. This is how it works for all companies!

And my fave one - a Dermalogica facial at their own company stand in the middle of a shopping centre! Westfield West London in fact! There lying on a table between two shelving units with all to see.

I'm confused can someone give and example as in a small salon buys X for £10 so the Internet stores by it for £12.50?

Has the cost going up at all for salons?

Have the RRP's changed?

-S

Hi sandi

The small salon buys for say: £10 middle for say £11.50 then the top for £12.50 kind of.

The rrp will go up between 2.5-5% as usual. The cost price will increase too in march.

Does that explain a bit better? I can pm you the exact figures if you old like me to?

This only applies if you are spending over £100,00. Are you guys talking about the letter that has like band a b c pricing? If so it won't affect you unless you are placing a value over £100,00.

OMG this sounds so confusing. It would have helped if they had stuck to their original promise of only selling through salons. I remember all their advertising years ago, promising they wouldn't sell their therapists short. I love the idea of a facial in Westfield - Classy!!!

Also the big accounts would be demanding huge discounts for the bulk orders. This is how it works for all companies!

And my fave one - a Dermalogica facial at their own company stand in the middle of a shopping centre! Westfield West London in fact! There lying on a table between two shelving units with all to see.

Dermalogica say that they don't do full skin treatments in there 'skin centres' if you could call it that!! However they do what they call micro zones which are 20 minuet target treatments! But not good if they are doing full treatments!!

it might work it might not the internet companies will find loopholes somehow or try and get numerous accounts to keep the orders low to get the lower price brand. It don't matter its too little too late i think theyve done the damage now their trying to save face after a lot of stockists have quit them lol as u go to harvey nicks (well i wouldn't) an be in the noisy department store for your facial barring in mind it £60 and your on show to everyone not in a proper beauty room but on show next to the elemis stand etc. then airports are doing the same so it will only be a matter of time altho already done it cut out the middle man an sell online with the centres doing the £60 "facials" and that will bethat

I think they've done it as now dermalogica themselves sell online!! So they want to put up the prices of the other online sellers.

Also to sell online you have to be a salon! So how can they get multiple account? You can't just open an account to sell online! Also when you open an account you get all the professional products so would be wasteful to the large online accounts

Latest posts

Back