Did My wrap assessment at college.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hugs all,

We did out wrap assesment at college today, and oh my was it painfull :sad:

There was atleast 5 of us in pain, the pain was unbearable seriously was.

It was a burning sensation on the nail plate which only happened after the last spray of activator was used? I did my assesment on a teacher in training and the wrap Like sparked (as in a shock sort of sound, you know the static sound) on her nail and she nearly went through the roof she was in so much pain.

Can anyone tell me why this is ?
Are you actually supposed to use them on natural nails?
None of us have had acrylic nails on for a few weeks now so it can't be that our nails are weak? I am curious as to why this happened, as it has put us off doing these wraps ever again.

Your info is very much appreciated. :Kissing:

Hi do a search on this I think there was a thread a few weeks ago and im sure it was mentioned about the distance you have to spray the activator at. I dont do wraps myself but its worth a look

Activator sprayed to close to the nail will cause this reaction...... and to much too.......... adjust the spraying distance to arms length, tuck you elbow into your side and try that for distance.... a light spray is all that is needed...a sweeping motion as you spray is enough, you do not need to spray each nail individually..... to much can also cause cracking and breakdown the resin.... premature ageing......

Wraps are fab on natural nails and enhancements....................

HTH

we have been taught to spray in 30 cm away
htp

Yup I think that was the problem, we wasnt told how far away to spray the activator, Pffftt teacher obviously doesnt know as much as she thinks, thanks girls Ill try it when im at college again. :Love:

what fabric system are you doing if it designer nails you use brush on activator for the boost this is the last resin you use out of the 3

Hi,

I asked about this a few weeks ago as we wernt told about distance in college either.
When I mentioned the pain to my lecturer she said just put your fingertips on the table and press down. I did tell her that I was told it could be that I was spraying to close and she said "oh it could be".

I followed the advice given to me about tucking your elbow in and thank god no more pain as I was ready to give up on fibreglass.

Its supposed to be a fine mist.
I do find myself asking "is that o.k? It doesnt hurt?"

Good luck for next time.

kellyuk said:
Yup I think that was the problem, we wasnt told how far away to spray the activator, Pffftt teacher obviously doesnt know as much as she thinks, thanks girls Ill try it when im at college again. :Love:

I think that the problem with many college courses are that the tutors do not have a "passion" for nails. Geeg did a tutorial on this which I found really helpful. The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman is a very good book to help with college courses. hth

When we did f/g at college we were taught to spray the activator at least 12 inches away from the nail...I guesss it just depends on your tutor....many are beauty therapists who have to do that module on the beauty course.

I am glad to hear that you now know what to do to activate your resin ..... the thing I find about using resin is the vapour ... I find it more :eek: than monomor...but then I am just getting into f/g so maybe I am doing something wrong...like holding my resin bottle like a polish bottle...too close to my face???

Latest posts

Back