difference between fibre and silk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there

im using the edge fibre glass system

what exactly is the difference between fabric# and fibre glass???

do you just use resin with it an then spray activator the same ?

where can i purchase some of this to try ?

sorry with all the questions

Lovely nails Hayley...:lol:

Hayley.....give Ellisons a try.
You can get a try me kit for around £37.00 or so from them and you can easily do quite a few sets with the Fabric# kit to recoup some of the costs of it.
Fabric# has 3 levels of resin viscosity allowing you to create and prescribe (in effect) a nail enhancement to suit every client.
Hope this helps luv!

Hi Hayley

The diff with Fabric is that you use three diff qualities of resin the bond resin to cover the fibreglass/silk the building resin to build up the nail/apex and the boost which is a thicker resin to give you the perfect smooth finish. you can get a try me kit which you will get loads of sets out of from Designer Nails.

HTH

Dawnie xx

ok will do thanks

i dont know where the nearest one is to me
hopefully i can order over the phone depends what the minimum order is

so basically after prep an applying tip
you apply 1 layer of resin activate?
then apply fabric# then layer of resin then activate
then another layer of resin then file ?????????//

sorry to sound dumb

Dawnie ... empty your messages girl :) just tried pm you

Hi again Hayley....Gigi (geeg) did a fab tutorial on Fabric# detailing each step to take.....UNFORTUNATELY....Im a technophobe and havent got the first idea of how to add the link to it here! :o
Anyhows.....go to site stuff then follow the links through to Premium Geeks Tutorial section and you will find it there! Under "Fabric# step by step"
:D

ok chick will do that right now! thanksxx

haylznailz said:
ok will do thanks

i dont know where the nearest one is to me
hopefully i can order over the phone depends what the minimum order is

so basically after prep an applying tip
you apply 1 layer of resin activate?
then apply fabric# then layer of resin then activate
then another layer of resin then file ?????????//

sorry to sound dumb

The instructions are in the kit. They are also in the Premium Geeks section for you to read. 'Fabric# step by step by Geeg
There are 3 different resins .. each designed to do a specific job the best. The Fabric# system is VERY strong and yet flexible too. It is not like the system you are using. It is not a generic system like the Edge but more sophisticated and much higher end. Very easy to use and the results speak for themselves. The fact that at least 3 competition winners who are members of this site have chosen to use it and compete with it should be a good enough recommendation for anyone.

i see excellent no wonder mine are staying on then.

well what a waste of money that was for that edge kit then.

to purchase from designer nails do i have to have done a course with them?

what do i need to purchase from them ?

can i order these kits online ?

im dying to have a go now

what with this an me trying to do airbrushing

my brain cant take it all in fast enough lol

thanks for the advice

much appreciated

haylznailz said:
i see excellent no wonder mine are staying on then.

well what a waste of money that was for that edge kit then. Remember that The Edge is not a branded line but a simple generic system .. nothing fancy ... the kind of thing colleges use to teach with.

to purchase from designer nails do i have to have done a course with them? For Fabric# no.
what do i need to purchase from them ? You will have to fax a copy of your certificte to them when they request it as proof of training.

can i order these kits online ? NO

im dying to have a go now Patience!!

what with this an me trying to do airbrushing

my brain cant take it all in fast enough lol

thanks for the advice You're welcome. x
much appreciated
You will LOVE Fabric#

Well just my two peneth as i use The Edge silk and fibreglass and i also use Nailorder silk and Fibreglass and have tried Star Nails and i have found them to be both flexible and strong and none of my clients have had any problems (apart from the good old car door) and the occasional pick:eek: as alot of clients do without telling you!!! so for an unsophisticated lower end i think they work pretty fab for me anyway, IMO

Amanda

p.s i have tried fabric too and also found that product to be good

That sounds terrific until you look at just what proportion of your clients actually have silk or fibreglass as opposed to gel or L&P?? Also just who you choose to use the wrap system on. Most people who use generic wrap systems choose to use them on those with already strong nails as these generic systems are not as strong for those who have a high activity level or problem nails such as biters.

Fabric# is strong enough to be used on any individual. Its strength can match up to any L&P system but it has the advantage of a certain amount of flexibility too, if built correctly, and can alter the shape of misshaped nails ... something that is just not practical with a generic system. That is why technicians who are open minded and have listened and learned the benefits of the system and then tried it, rave about it and use it often as a stand alone system in their salons.

LOL sounds like the battle of the resins here ..............
I am a 75% fibreglass/silk Technician.......... Brisa is my other 25%.........
L&P is not an option in my Salon, health and safety regs..........

I have used most resin systems in more years then I care to remember..........
But I must admit, even though I have produced some beautiful nails, they now are even more beautiful lol..............well I think so anyway .....

Most commercial resin systems only offers you a one viscosity resin and unless you search a little deeper and know what you are looking for you end up with a simple resin and activator system...............So when it comes to ski jump nails, flat nails and other not naturally arched nails, most technicians just produce a flat nail........specially if they are using white french tips.....................
So they then try to build up the nail with more resin, fine .......... until the resin cracks.......... so they then go on and add more fibre or silk, great but to really get a good apex you need a few more carefully cut out circles of fibre or Silk...............how time consuming is that !!!!
So when Fabric# was introduce I honestly thought ......yea go on then surprise me!!!!!!
I thought 3 resins what the heck is all that about, surely one will do all, afterall I am a Fibreglass Technician and I do just fine, with my one resin and activator system....lol.................but I could see the sense behind it .........

Bond is the thinest resin you will ever find.......... it is almost absorbed by the nail, Keratin loves it and it clings to it like fly's to...........well I wont go there.......but you get the meaning I am sure.........It provides a strong bond between the nail, the mesh and the next resin in the system, build...

Build has the same viscosity as your usual resin, so it is like the meat in the sandwich,its the back bone.........

Boost is the stuff the apex's dream off.....It's a thick resin.... no more fiddly bits of little circles to cut out , to build the apex , the most I ever do is cut another stress strip........ but only if the plot requires it.............No more endless re-resining of the nail to get the shape I am looking for........
I apply the boost bead with the same zone principal as L&P.....but concentrating one zones 2 and 3..............

So as a 85% Fibreglass Technician this is the best system for me....
There is nothing wrong with using a one phase resin and activator system, but for me thats to much like hard work now......... I like an easy life...
JMHO

Fabric# at it's best xxxx
31Picture166-med.jpg

OOh Ruth hun, .... you posted my pic :wink2:

I love that pic and I loved those nails :hug:
Right Hayley, the above pic was the practice set that Ruth did on me before Gmex.
And ... to all those doubting thomas' I am still wearing the Fabric Gmex comp. nails on my right hand (took the left off to do something else with).
They sooo need a rebalance but, they are painted, look pretty cool and are still stuck fast :lick:
I even spent an hour in the garden a couple of days ago clearing up leaves etc. I cant wear garden gloves, and I also tap away with my nails on here all the time.
I do wear rubber gloves when using cleaning products but outside of that and the usual solar oil I do not fuss over my hands/nails.
Thats testomony enough for me to how well Fabric stands up and after Xmas Im going to get myself on a Fabric course. :)

They are absolutely stunning Ruth.

Latest posts

Back