Difference between HD brows & brow tint/tidy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PICTURE!!!! oh god.......ok I will try

Having them done week before xmas so will keep you posted.

H xx

I do understand people saying that the HD training is expensive ect, so dont do it lol!
I felt the same about the training, but was curious so booked and went anyway. I loved the course, and felt it was worthwhile for me. I wanted to learn from nilam and her team, (they are amazing) so i did. That was the decision I made for my business. Everyone has to obviously make their own!
What I suppose im trying to say is, either do the training....or dont lol
I do feel like people moan and comment on the training, when they havent done it! Yes we can all give our opinions whether it was worth it for us, and I do know a girl who hasnt had any interest in the treatment since she trained, but she wouldnt have known without training. Does that make sense?
I totaly agree with Weezie, that you can create your own "brow rehab" type treatment, and price it accordingly. This is great. For me, i wanted to buy into the whole brand/concept/Nilam package, and I do get lots of enquiries via their website.
The training IS expensive. Yes, you do learn some aspects that are covered in normal beauthy qualifications, and yes it is to some, a waste of time. So dont do it lol. I charge £25 for HD, and my clients are happy to pay this. They dont feel its overpriced, or they are being cheated in some way. They heard about HD brows, so booked!

I hope I make sense in what Im trying to say:)

yes makes me laugh, so many doubters..... but the courses are always booming and the clients love it....... I will say it again, and anyone who has been on this course to learn (not a spy !!!!!) will agree the team there know more about brows than any! Nilam, Amita , Heidi Worman and Kieren were my people.

Su x

I'm looking to do this course Feb March time as doing Lash FX course in 2 weeks so wanted to get on with that then do the HD Brows.
I'm also home based salon so weighing up costs as it seems a lot but the results look amazing!!
lynda

Its very interesting to read the views on HD Brows, I restled with myself for almost 12 months should I, shouldn't I do the course. I also work from a home based salon and I can honestly say its been amazing for my business. i can only speak from my own experiences and i absolutely love the treatment and all of my clients old and new seem to as well. I had no problem in changing my existing brow clients to HD's - did them for the same price as the brow tint and shape for the first time so they could experience the difference and not a single one has gone back to this, all have changed over to HD's.

Have to agree with SusanEvian about the HD Brows team, Nilam, Amita and Heidi were all at my course and are amazing!

Hi all, I'm booked to do the training in jan, a Xmas present from my hubby, I have done tinting,waxing , shaping,basic training, So am not very confident, what made me want to do the course was when I saw a shop assistant with amazing brows, she said they were HD, So i booked to have mine done aswell, my brows are gappy & short, but I must say I am more than happy with the result, it's now 2 weeks and they are still looking great, I do pencil in slightly, also the tint is still there, my sister even said yesterday, you've had that eyebrow thing done haven't you, she was well impressed too, I'm so excited I can't wait, what a lucky girl I am, I just hope i get the confidence with this course, wish me luck .

Its very interesting to read the views on HD Brows, I restled with myself for almost 12 months should I, shouldn't I do the course. I also work from a home based salon and I can honestly say its been amazing for my business. i can only speak from my own experiences and i absolutely love the treatment and all of my clients old and new seem to as well. I had no problem in changing my existing brow clients to HD's - did them for the same price as the brow tint and shape for the first time so they could experience the difference and not a single one has gone back to this, all have changed over to HD's.

Have to agree with SusanEvian about the HD Brows team, Nilam, Amita and Heidi were all at my course and are amazing!

Just a little bit more I have found... Get brows that wow - The X Factor - Viewer

Su x

Hi all, I'm booked to do the training in jan, a Xmas present from my hubby, I have done tinting,waxing , shaping,basic training, So am not very confident, what made me want to do the course was when I saw a shop assistant with amazing brows, she said they were HD, So i booked to have mine done aswell, my brows are gappy & short, but I must say I am more than happy with the result, it's now 2 weeks and they are still looking great, I do pencil in slightly, also the tint is still there, my sister even said yesterday, you've had that eyebrow thing done haven't you, she was well impressed too, I'm so excited I can't wait, what a lucky girl I am, I just hope i get the confidence with this course, wish me luck .

Awh good luck with the training - I hope it gives you your confidence!

This is what people don't get about HD's, it can be a process at times and takes a few treatments to get there. I love nothing more than having a client come in with thin over plucked brows and as their treatment progresses over the weeks, the change is amazing, they always say if it hadn't been for the HD treatment, they would never of been able to leave them to grow. From day one of doing HD's to now, i'm still amazed

I havnt read all the replies, but the whole HD Brows is hardly a new concept really is it?! I have been doing this with wax, tint and make-up for years... :rolleyes:

If you need help with shapes, techniques etc and feel like you need the extra training, then I suppose it's a diff story. However, I'm sure there are other courses which don't cost as much which will give you just as much knowlege and skill building without 'buying into the brand'.

Top = before
Bottom = 9 weeks later, after 3 appointments, and a lesson in eyebrow pencil to keep them tidy in between.
15537_100206196671471_100000462721429_3094_2863588_n.jpg

Apologies for the dodgy pic! lol.

Last edited:

I am completely hooked on the idea of doing this course!!! Did you find it was value for money? Really want to improve my eyebrow skills and think this course looks great.. No prices on website though :( xxx

I am completely hooked on the idea of doing this course!!! Did you find it was value for money? Really want to improve my eyebrow skills and think this course looks great.. No prices on website though :( xxx

Best thing to do is to give them a call as they are really helpful. brilliant course and improves your skills tenfold.

I havnt read all the replies, but the whole HD Brows is hardly a new concept really is it?! I have been doing this with wax, tint and make-up for years... :rolleyes:

If you need help with shapes, techniques etc and feel like you need the extra training, then I suppose it's a diff story. However, I'm sure there are other courses which don't cost as much which will give you just as much knowlege and skill building without 'buying into the brand'.

Top = before
Bottom = 9 weeks later, after 3 appointments, and a lesson in eyebrow pencil to keep them tidy in between.
15537_100206196671471_100000462721429_3094_2863588_n.jpg

Apologies for the dodgy pic! lol.

I know what you'd saying but in all honesty it is the brand that sells the treatment firstly. Obviously you need to be good at it but the majority of clients would go for HD brows rather than a brow tint and tidy. I'm speaking purely from experience.

I have just become awear of thsi product and i wanted to try it as i have terrible brows im blond and struggle to pluck them i hate it and worst of all i have a scar running through one brow. I draw mine in very well with a good product but i want then shaped regularly and i heard this is really good but is it worth it i thought id added a kind of semi perm tint colour that would last a few washes at least but if its like regular treatments is it really worth well over double the price? as i have a scar i'll have to draw them in every day anyway so whats the piont in it? i can ask for more edgy shape if i want that is it really any different to normal treatments then?

Just a little tip for anyone who doesn't need to do the HD brow course as they are already proficient- double your price of an eyebrow tidy and call it 'eyebrow therapy/rehab' or something like that and include tinting as standard you will be surprised at how many people opt for he higher priced treatment, especially those who have had a bad experience in the past.

well said x I put clients in eyebrow rehab x and still charge the same x I have helped and advised over pluckers since 2001 x :Love: we do love a brand name or label these days x

Arhgh I have been debating this course for so long. I was tempted to do Kim Lawless' too.

I think its absolute rubbish to say if you haven't done the course you don't know how t shape, maybe you didn't but there are certainly other therapists out there that have been doing it for years and doing it well! BUT it is all about the brand and committing to a course of treatments. Most people will come regularly for brow waxs, ever 2-4 weeks but if its a proper brow rehab I would imagine they would pay more, especially if they have heard about it.

I really like the idea of doing the first HD brows at a discount or for the same as a regular tint and wax to let them decide. Only for your regulars though! I know a lot of places that do a second treatment for free and it would make you go back.

OH and Cher Lloyd? HER BROWS ARE STILL ODD!

I have just done the course and am doing the first 20 clients as models at £10 each instead of my £25 normal price.
This created a buzz with my clients and those that didn't get in the first 20 are able to take up the £20 offer in the next month.
I loved the course and was actually surprised that not all the brows were dark and angular. It is more than just a tint and shape - it's all about designing the right shape brow for the customer, choosing the colour that suits them best, managing their expectations and making sure they are happy.
We had 4 trainers to 7 of us at Milton Keynes and Nilam Patel was also there too.

Last edited:
We offer a HD "alternative" in the salon where I work as my boss didn't want to pay for HD training. I work there full time but work from home too - it would take me several months to save for training but I'm thinking of doing it anyway. With the cash I could obviously buy lots of other beauty supplies too so my question is, do you ladies who are trained find it cost effective? Bearing in mind I am not exactly well off haha! Thanks in advance! Xx

My clients like paying for the treatment and the name I guess. I have had many clients say they'd enquired elsewhere to find out it was a similar treatment and not HD Brows but they only wanted HD Brows....
Items can be fairly expensive but they last a while so it works out cost effective. Training is expensive but I found it very thorough and enjoyed it, coming away feeling knowledgeable and confident in doing my first clients x

You guys are going to end up twisting my arm.

I currently have the HD Brows. At the beginning, my brows were not so bad, but I did have patchy areas due to medication/illness. My brow were getting more thicker with pencil, than hair. Which made them look less natural. Now I go to the Salon and have them done, and even though my brows are tinted, (this obviously helps with the bald patches) I still have to pencil in the areas to cover up. The tint does come off the skin after a certain amount of time, but it's going to. Just like the brow pencil does... but I know once i've had a few more appointments, a little more hair grows back again (I hope!!) and, I get more used to doing my new brow shape, I am sure I will be able to continue doing it on my own. Although it would be nice to not have to pencil any of the brow in and have full natural brow, it's just not like that for me. But going to the Salon to have them done is more about, me learning the new shape which suits me better (and people have noticed how much they suit me better than I used to shape them!) I may even continue to go every 4-6wks anyway so I can get them threaded, as I have sensitive skin and it seems to be the best treatment without being too sore, as it may be if used wax.

So if you don't think it's worth the money then that's up to you if you don't want to go. But personally for me, it's been really good learning new tips, and just changing the shape of your brow can make you look so different so i'm loving my new HD Brows :D

I have been thinking about doing the HD brows training as I get so many new clients asking for it. I have spoken to a few girls who do HD brows and the products seem to be the same. When I did my training we were taught how to define the eyes to suit the face. If clients come to me and I feel their shape is wrong or I believe we can improve on the shape, or they want to change the shape, we work together over the coming weeks to get them to the desired look they want. You can't expect every person to have the same shape, as what suits one person may not suit another.

I personally cannot see what the difference is other than I do not do threading. I feel waxing is much quicker than threading. I tint, wax, pluck if needed and trim the brows, I use a pencil to fill in any gaps where the hair is missing and I finish off by highlighting and show the client how to do it at home. As the hair grows filling in becomes less and less.

Other than the brand name, what is the difference? For those who are HD trained are the products different? If I do the training will I really be learning something that I do not do already? It is a lot of money to come away with the same products. If their technique and products are different then I will go for it.

Latest posts

Back