Difference between HD brows & brow tint/tidy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 100% proof that the HD brow team have been on the Xfactor, you really should not read into the glossy facts, (unless they are the right ones!!) but get more hard core proof.

I can assure you that one of the top artist have been doing this (Hd stylist Yasmina Bentaieb has done all xfactor contestants brows) and so has Nilam patel, personally every Saturday.

The tale of Cher's brows | heatworld.com

Just a little before and after for you....

All will be released in the X factor official magazine soon......

Su x

Looked at those 2 pictures and on the 1st one her brows are definately more arched but the whole picture is "skinnier", so really all of her facial features look better on the second picture.....I wonder if someone techie enough overlaid both of the pictures and stretched the first one so that her face had the same dimensions she would look that different????? Oh and they're still odd???

You will have clients where their hair is just not going to grow back. These clients are perfect candidates for semi-permanent make-up.
The HD Brows has 7 steps. These 7 steps need to be carried out in order for it to be called a HD Brow treatment.
Now i could only have 6 steps. I would have to miss the threading out on my brows. When i was threaded on the HD Brows course, i came out in a rash and my skin was incredibly sore for about 3 days. I was told to leave the threading out next time i had mine done.
Now i'm getting a little bit annoyed reading these HD Brows threads when people are saying that it is a superior brow and that people who haven't been on the course would not produce such good brows. What a load of tosh!
That is incredibly insulting to therapists who have been doing brows for years and creating beautifully shaped brows.
I left with my brows looking more or less the same as when my therapist does them. She is incredibly good!
Just because you have been on the course and learned how to do fab brows, please don't assume that others can't do these brow shapes just because they haven't been on the course. That is incredibly naive. Yes, you may not have been able to shape brows well before but that doesn't mean that other therapists couldn't.
Yes it's a good course and some people will get more out of it than others.
If you aren't very confident at doing brows or you've never done brows before then obviously you are going to get a lot more out of the course than someone who is very confident doing brows and can make great brows out of practically nothing.
Now what you are buying into is a brand name, a highly respected brand name that clients are asking for.
A lot of my clients know nothing about what brands i use for waxing, eyelash extensions etc.... They have never heard of the brands. However, clients have heard of the HD Brows brand.
Now if i sent my therapist on the course, in all honesty, she wouldn't really learn anything that she doesn't already know (apart from threading).
What she would get out of the training though is, that she would be a HD Brows technician.
Clients are asking for their brows to be HD'd and are seeking out technicians. They are willing to pay the price for the treatment so for a technician this can only be a good thing.
I think i will do Kim's brow course as well, so i can compare!
When's your next course Kim??
I hope that clears some things up!

Hi to all

For starters, anyone who has not done the HD training does not have the right to comment.
It is not just a course that teaches you to wax and tint eyebrows, it teaches you how to recognise face shapes and enhance features using whole eyebrow re-shaping.

HD brows stand for high definition brows which are achieved through a combination of seven steps or all seven steps. Not all clients will be suitable to have all the seven steps, clients with certain medical conditions or on certain medications may not be able to have certain parts of the treatment done, in this case We would achieve the HD look to the best of our ability.

HD's are a brow treatment process so alot of our clients have to do some growing in however part of the HD treatment is showing clients make up techniques which make growing in eyebrows easier for them. Our clients are over whelmed with the treatment and return every 3-4 weeks to have them redone.

Just to add JoSu had all seven steps done, as mentioned at the appointment, she has lovely angular eyebrows anyway so wouldn't of seen much difference, which was made clear. The brows were sharply defined,

Just to clarify and confirm that yes I did have all seven steps carried out on my brows by Oddball and they looked fab at that time. The issue I have is the fact that I was dissappointed with the length of time the tint lasted and yes, I know everyone is different but at the end of the day I was under the impression that they would be far more defined in respect of colour more than shape (as previously stated my shape wasn't too bad to start with) and would stay like that for longer than they did.

This critisisum is by no means directed at Oddball but I just feel after such hype about HD Brows I was dissappointed but hey my expectations obviously were too high!

HD brows even do a powder pallet (SP) I reckon that someone who can wax, thread, tweeze, shape, tint and fill in either using pencil or powders, well they can do good brows. The training does seem a lot to pay but there will be clients who think that if they go to an HD brow tech that they are going to be better. From what I've seen, the HD brows do look stunning though.

What tint is it because when I did the training it was hairwell tint?

Please can some one let me know what tint they use now if its not still hairwell tint?

Last edited:
Hi

Yes it is Hairwell that is used in the training

Shel

Hi

Yes it is Hairwell that is used in the training

Shel

Thank you. So this is no different from other tints (that you can buy from salon services etc) in fact is very much cheaper bought from another supplier. I dont think it lasts as well as others I have tried.

Just my opinion:)

this debate like many others will go on for ever but at the end of the day, clients recognize HD brows and that is what they are asking for. yes many therapists do great shaping but some1 else put it together to market as a treatment and charge premium prices for all the services. Many clients I know will pay £25 + for HD's but not above £10 for a brow tidy. They look for the branding and the products and that is what I can produce as I am HD trained.

I think the main thing too, is to manage clients expectations with reagards to their brows, and the hd treatment. I always make my clients aware that the HD treatment is NOT a miracle, and if they have rubbish brows, it is going to be a process and progressive treatment. One hd treatment will not be enough.
Like when we do lashes, if we manage the clients expectations, and explain what really can be achieved, they will be happy, and a regular client.

Just a little tip for anyone who doesn't need to do the HD brow course as they are already proficient- double your price of an eyebrow tidy and call it 'eyebrow therapy/rehab' or something like that and include tinting as standard you will be surprised at how many people opt for he higher priced treatment, especially those who have had a bad experience in the past.

Wow weezie thanks for the tip, love it!!

I know I'm likely to be shot down in flames here but Im sorry I just still don't get it. I'm one of those who's eyebrows will never fully grow back from early abuse but I don't want to go down the SPM route.

If I do the "eyebrow rehab" at say £15 and get along just fine with it, why would I want to spend hundreds more in training to do something I can already do (i know I know, you all get to know shapes, definition etc.) then try to convince people to pay £25.

I'm not wanting to start an argument, just stating my thoughts and hopefully we can agree to disagree.

H x

Well you can charge £20 and considering you get a wax, a tint, threading and great looking brows then it's really quite good value for money, don't you think?

Does anyone know if the training is available in Canada?

I do understand people saying that the HD training is expensive ect, so dont do it lol!
I felt the same about the training, but was curious so booked and went anyway. I loved the course, and felt it was worthwhile for me. I wanted to learn from nilam and her team, (they are amazing) so i did. That was the decision I made for my business. Everyone has to obviously make their own!
What I suppose im trying to say is, either do the training....or dont lol
I do feel like people moan and comment on the training, when they havent done it! Yes we can all give our opinions whether it was worth it for us, and I do know a girl who hasnt had any interest in the treatment since she trained, but she wouldnt have known without training. Does that make sense?
I totaly agree with Weezie, that you can create your own "brow rehab" type treatment, and price it accordingly. This is great. For me, i wanted to buy into the whole brand/concept/Nilam package, and I do get lots of enquiries via their website.
The training IS expensive. Yes, you do learn some aspects that are covered in normal beauthy qualifications, and yes it is to some, a waste of time. So dont do it lol. I charge £25 for HD, and my clients are happy to pay this. They dont feel its overpriced, or they are being cheated in some way. They heard about HD brows, so booked!

I hope I make sense in what Im trying to say:)

Angelina - I would pay it because I think as a therapist we understand that different processes are being used and also curiosity, thats why Ive still booked to have them done next month, you never know maybe my ugly non existance eyebrows may be saved:) I just dont know about all of our clients, some don't really care how their eyebrows are improved ie whether by waxing, plucking, threading etc as long as they are happy with the end process., also as soon as some don't see an instant improvement on what they would normally have got with a standard tint and tidy they won't return. Am I allowed to ask, if say you charge £25, how many treatments would you need to recoup your outlay?

Cabinkel - I totally get what you are saying and thats what I was trying to say, I'm not convinced but thats because Im a small home salon and at this point Im not sure its right for my business, thats not saying it may not be in the future. I didnt reply to this topic to "diss" HD brows I just entered into the conversation state mine and to hear other peoples opinions because who knows, I may hear something that completely changes my mind and I then decide I want to do the training, after all I think thats how Shellac became so popular on geek, because some starting talking about it, others asked and became interested so it ended in a stampeed for the product.

H xx

Yes I know what you mean. Im a home based salon too, so it was a huge investment for me, so I hear ya lol

Id love to hear your experience of HD when you have them done, keep us posted xx

From the training pack I have recieved you would need to do about 30 eyebrows @ £25 each to get your training costs back xx

From the training pack I have recieved you would need to do about 30 eyebrows @ £25 each to get your training costs back xx

To be honest we have had no problem with trying to make our costs back, we launched HD's in our salon in september and have been booked up since, People are phoning asking for HD's without actually knowing what the treatment is however most clients now wont let anyone else touch their brows and returns every 3-4weeks. There must be something to it coz if a treatment is crap, people may be pulled in the first time but they wont keep comming back for more.
Basically making your money back would't be a problem.

Anyone get good results with Christian eyebrow products from Calgel or Art Deco products with the stencils :confused:

I use christian eyebrow and I absolutley love it :) its my new fave product! x

thats why Ive still booked to have them done next month, you never know maybe my ugly non existance eyebrows may be saved:)
i would love to hear what you think after having them done.

i am in a similar situation as you,i have over plucked my eyebrows also and although they are not overly thin they do not have a nice arch what so ever and although i havent plucked them in a few months they dont seem to want to grow anymore.
i have had a couple of bad experiences having my eyebrows waxed and threaded so this has really put me off having them done at all now.
good luck and if you can maybe do a before and after picture? xx

Latest posts

Back