Difference between nail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Okay so I understand the colours, white natural clear and coloured... And I can grasp the different smile line shapes.. But what do the different length of well (possibly the wrong word, I mean the part that sits on the natural nail) mean, and what is the benefit of longer ones?

Thanks x

Longer wells are for weaker or less structured nail beds. I prefer well less usually tho, as a good sculpt will pretty much make up for it.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Half Well and full well tips are not that popular any more, and were quite difficult to blend.

Even when I started out I always used CND Velocity tips that had a micro well, and I cut half of that out! The good points were a nice tapered tip, and I liked the fact it was flush at the back of the nail,because when fitting you butted it up to the natural nail.

Nowadays I use well less tips as they are so easy to use, just place where you want on the nail, and they are a doddle to blend. Only downside is as the nail grows there is a ridge in at the back of the nail, and some clients like to pick at it pulling the natural nail away from the tip.

What tips do you currently use?

Latest posts

Back