Dipping Powder System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
Just wanted to know who uses the acrylic dipping system?
I have read up about it and it seems to be interesting and I
would love to give it a go..
The one I have looked at on the net is called
so fine acrylic dipping by starnail..

Anyone use this? Is it odour free? And is it easy to use?

Full set in about 30 minutes sounds awesome...
Any feedback would be fabulous..

Love to hear results from fellow geeks....

Hi type in dipping system or tip and dip and you will come across more threads than you can shake a stick at. May be called Gel Resin also (called this in Canada).

the salon where I work use the Backscratchers extreme dipping system and get on very well with it. I am training in it next week.

Although in theory it is possible to do a set in half an hour if you want to do a good thorough job then it takes about 1 - 1/2 hours.

some people dont buff after but I think it helps to improve the overall look if you do.

You cant do anything too fancy with it.

In the salon most people have white tips for the franch look. You can dip white on the end of a clear tip but in my opinion it doesnt look quite right.

Look at the attached link for further details of the Uk supplier.

Supernail/Backscratcher Extreme info

HTH

I hope their not thinking prep as well in this time!!:!:

Exactly! prep itself can take that long! (depending on clients nat nails) i have had a go with it myself and to be honest imo you can't beat good old l&p it wins for me hands down everytime! there are lots of threads about this try searching and i'm sure there will be lots of info ;)

I have done gel-resin's for YEARS.... (as called in Quebec :lol: )

For a first set, 45-1hr is a good speed including prep. The actualy dipping is very fast... It's prep, tipping & finishing that take the bulk of the time. (IF you're doing a general overlay. If you're building an apex, 1.5hrs)

A refill, including a thorough prep (at 2wks) can easily take only 30min.

French is usually done with tips, with occasional soak offs.

BUT you can do it if you are very careful when applying the resin to the french area only, then dipping in white. It's tricky and takes a lot of practice.

You can also use coloured acrylic powders to change the look.

You can encase flowers and other things just as with gel and L&P, but again, it's tricky.

Most prefer these types of nails (in the US & UK) as temporary nails (one shot deal) However, in Quebec, about 80-90% of salons (not including NSS) use this system and many clients use this as a 'permanent' enhancement like you would with UV Gel and L&P.
I myself wore them for over 10yrs, with refills every 2wks.

They're thin and more breakable than L&P or UV Gel.
But, for some clients who are not heavy on their hands, this is fine.

Hope this helps.

PS: would show pics BUT have switched all my clients to UV gel (for the french)

BUT I do have these that are gel-resins
STLong_GoldLeafYellow3Dflowers_8fgr.jpg

BubbleGumPinkAcryFlakes_CellPhone.jpg

RaspberryCreamDriedWhiteFlower.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...al - Funky mani/ShortAmericansAmberStones.jpg

hth's
:hug:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...ditives/BubbleGumPinkAcryFlakes_CellPhone.jpg

It's another system, a simpler system, not quite as refined, nor as strong (as acrylic), depends on what you wish to offer your clients, the clarity, nor color is as good as a good acrylic system either, cuticles can often be a bit messier (but this just takes some extra effort).
I also don't find it very self satisfying or as artistically challenging. You will also find it on many pharmacy shelves (often sold as a repair method) rather than a product/professional solution to nail enhancements.

It's another system, a simpler system, not quite as refined, nor as strong (as acrylic), depends on what you wish to offer your clients, the clarity, nor color is as good as a good acrylic system either, cuticles can often be a bit messier (but this just takes some extra effort).
I also don't find it very self satisfying or as artistically challenging. You will also find it on many pharmacy shelves (often sold as a repair method) rather than a product/professional solution to nail enhancements.

Could'nt agree more, extremely well said x :hug: x

Latest posts

Back