Disappointed with my waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, but she was so shocked that it hurt so much, when I pulled the first strip it sort of put me off!! Weird for someone who's had it done before I thought. She was also saying, maybe it's how I'm laying, I don't normally have to lay like this and It was like she thought I was doing it wrong and that's why it hurt. If it had been someone I didn't know they wouldn't have questioned me and I would have felt more confident but because she knows I haven't long trained I got the feeling she thought I didn't know what I was doing! Not having much luck with clients this week, did my husbands back the other day and one nostril, he wouldn't have the other one done, what a baby!!! The worst client yet!

It was quite funny Kim!! Right, I'm going to be like a sergeant major from now on, NO MERCY!!

I know, but she was so shocked that it hurt so much, when I pulled the first strip it sort of put me off!! Weird for someone who's had it done before I thought. She was also saying, maybe it's how I'm laying, I don't normally have to lay like this and It was like she thought I was doing it wrong and that's why it hurt. If it had been someone I didn't know they wouldn't have questioned me and I would have felt more confident but because she knows I haven't long trained I got the feeling she thought I didn't know what I was doing! Not having much luck with clients this week, did my husbands back the other day and one nostril, he wouldn't have the other one done, what a baby!!! The worst client yet!
Clients will come to you BECAUSE you're using my technique, so forget friends and family and get new clients.

Just a little note to add that just because a client says 'I don't normally do x, y & z', it doesn't mean your way is wrong, it's just a different way (which is where you can sell the method to the client), or just assume the other therapist is rubbish & does it wrong! haha x

Hi Jo stop doubting yourself, I was your first model and you done a great job, pain was no more then you expect from waxing and the result was brilliant still waiting 4 weeks on for it to grow enough to be waxed again before Xmas and this is coming from someone that always shaved legs and under arms, you completely converted me to always have waxing if this isn't enough proof that your good at what you do. Xxx

The only client I have done who had had it done before never had the back done and kept her knickers on. Imagine her face when I said whip everything off and hop on the couch on all 4s!

I've heard this phrase on here a few times "fake it till you make it" confidence that is!
When it comes to intimate waxing that's exactly what I did in the beginning and it has certainly paid off :0)
I still have to comment if a client looks pained I can't help myself but I've worked on a few stock replies. "No pain no gain" and if they've had kids "come on you've been through worse than this".
Roll out the jokes and put the client at ease. I have a couple of regulars who howl with laughter through their treatment and then look up and say "is that it?" I just grin and day "well
You laughed your way through that"

A lot of my recommendations are on a good job and my ability to make my clients feel really comfortable about such an intimate procedure.

Hi Jo stop doubting yourself, I was your first model and you done a great job, pain was no more then you expect from waxing and the result was brilliant still waiting 4 weeks on for it to grow enough to be waxed again before Xmas and this is coming from someone that always shaved legs and under arms, you completely converted me to always have waxing if this isn't enough proof that your good at what you do. Xxx

Thanks Nat, you were a fab model. No moaning from you!!! :)

Latest posts

Back