Discontinued CND polishes, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aayspa

Reaction score
I hate to say it but grrrrrr!!!! I am so disappointed right now!

I am desperate for nail polishes. All I have left is the gloopy dregs of all my polishes as sweet squared/CND discontinued all their polishes ages ago and apparently no sign of the new ones!! What are people supposed to do exactly? I have many clients that work in food or healthcare that are not allowed to wear shellac and I'm now struggling to offer them a service at all due to the polish situation. Why discontinue a range without a replacement?? It's like discrimination against normal polish wearers. I was told at pro beauty excel that the ones were soon to be released yet when I called S2 they said they had no idea and had no solutions to my problem. Not helpful.

Also the citrus manicure line being discontinued is also a probem. Many clients don't like the smell of almond so what am I supposed to offer to them with no replacement product. And what about those that are allergic to nuts??!

I never moan about S2. I am always praising them and saying how they have saved me and my business with their excellent products and customer care but now I am a little stuck.

I just don't understand why the "CND bigwigs" would discontinue lines with no replacements in sight. Does anyone have any useful info? Mrs Geek?? Geeg?? Please give me something to work with here!

I love S2 really but this situation is just not helpful and is going to cause me to lose clients if I can't offer them treatments that they require.

Sorry rant over x

its not S2 that are discontinuing them its CND.

im sure there will be something else soon .

I said S2/CND.

Yes I'm sure there will be something soon but soon doesn't help now! Polishes have been discontinued for ages!! I have barely anything useable left. It's such a dyer situation that I may have to purchase from an alternative supplier and I 100% do not want to do that but I'm left with no other options!

I said S2/CND.

Yes I'm sure there will be something soon but soon doesn't help now! Polishes have been discontinued for ages!! I have barely anything useable left. It's such a dyer situation that I may have to purchase from an alternative supplier and I 100% do not want to do that but I'm left with no other options!

this will probably get deleted, but this whole blanket of silence thing is getting ridiculous now. It is effecting peoples businesses. Based on the lack of information people could end up making a costly decision. Please treat us as professionals and not children who need some 'surprise' to look forward to.

Not exactly 'supporting the professional' S2. At least they should let people know if/when something is coming so we can buy stock for our businesses accordingly. And it is S2 causing this situation as the information has been released by CND in the US.

^ now that will definitely get deleted!!
(and yes, that is what I was alluding to)

Call me controversial but I'm not sure about this, wonder how much it will be and how many steps in the application, therefore cost for the client- if it lasts a week may aswell have shellac in anycase????

^ now that will definitely get deleted!!
(and yes, that is what I was alluding to)

ive deleted it myself :) Allthough i dont get why its a secret or would be deleted given that the information is freely available within an online publication of a popular magazine .

Wow!! That sounds fab! I won't tell! Even if it does get deleted 😉

And you deleted it lol

Secret is safe for a little longer 😜

ive deleted it myself :) Allthough i dont get why its a secret or would be deleted given that the information is freely available within an online publication of a popular magazine .

i posted a pic from the front page of a well known US CND supplier website this morning and it was deleted by a mod, it pretty much just said coming soon and a pretty picture- it didn't even give the product name!!

this will probably get deleted, but this whole blanket of silence thing is getting ridiculous now. It is effecting peoples businesses. Based on the lack of information people could end up making a costly decision. Please treat us as professionals and not children who need some 'surprise' to look forward to.

Not exactly 'supporting the professional' S2. At least they should let people know if/when something is coming so we can buy stock for our businesses accordingly. And it is S2 causing this situation as the information has been released by CND in the US.

Amen

Amen2.

We are just as frustrated - but our hands are tied for reasons that will become apparent soon.

Amen2.

We are just as frustrated - but our hands are tied for reasons that will become apparent soon.

Can't be soon enough!

I know it's not your fault but find this whole secrecy thing laughable to be honest. We don't need to be told the ins and outs of products before they are launched but a heads up as to if things are being replaced and rough time estimate is not too much to ask. If someone hadn't seen the "article" I may have invested in the opposition which is not something I would want to do and I'm sure CND wouldn't want clients and nail techs to go else where due to the secrecy of a product launch!

I guess now we know what the event has in store! Can't wait til it's over so we the professionals can continue to be professional with the most desired and envied products over the world!

Love and respect x

I hadn't realised that the citrus stuff's being discontinued :o
Runs off to order more before it disappears!

:-( I didn't realise the citrus range was being discontinued either, I too am off to bulk buy lol x

can someone point me in the direction of "the article"??

I have google to my hearts content.

I have zero patience and as I'm not attending the event I am not worried about someone spoiling the surprise, if you know whats going on or could send me a link via PM so as not to spoil it for those wanting it to be kept as a surprise Id be so grateful, Im in a very similar position the to the OP and need to make a business choice!

Amen2.

I can understand that but not why we are being censored from discussing and posting links to information already released by CND. I was told by a moderator that it was at s2 request they are shutting down all post/threads on the topic.

I'm having to share info by PM to those requesting! madness!!

Ok, after 2 kind geels Pm'd me I had a google, I won't spoil it for those that don't want to know. But I see that the trade mark is pending. What is horrendous and I hope a mistake is that CCO also have a product pending under the same name which is "CCO xx" as opposed to CND xx.

I hope something can be done about this if I am reading it correctly.

I can understand that but not why we are being censored from discussing and posting links to information already released by CND. I was told by a moderator that it was at s2 request they are shutting down all post/threads on the topic.

I'm having to share info by PM to those requesting! madness!!

Could you PM me it please? Thanks!

Could you PM me to? I'm desperate to know as I'm in the same situation. I have bought some China Glaze to get me by but they aren't a patch on my CND polishes. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back