Dissatisfied client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deem2

Reaction score
Ive been tanning for a year and never had any complaints, I use the same solution on all my clients and have many returning clients, spray tanned a lady last week who has not stopped complaining. Hands to dark patches on hand etc, too orange, and she's been trying to cover up the patchy areas. it is now day 5 and she is still complaining and wants a refund. Please advise!!

Have you seen the tan? That would be the first thing I would do. You can then decide if it isn't one of your best or if she's just a moaner!

You can either offer a refund, offer a free tan or do nothing. I would personally probably offer a refund just to get rid of her but would make a note of her details and never let her near me again!

Vic x

I agree, best to see the tan and make your own evaluation from that :)

Definitely offer her something just to shut her up. She sounds like a moaner! Therefore can never be pleased with anything but the last thing you want is her slating your name.
I agree with the above comment [emoji16]I wouldn't let her back again x

Ask her to come in.
If she doesn't she can't be that bothered.
Say to her "come in today/asap so I can have a look and we'll see what we can sort out for you"
That way you're not promising anything, if she comes in and it's really bad then giver her a refund (I suspect it's not as you have other happy customers)
If it looks ok to you maybe give her an exfoliating hand treatment and massage and ask her about her pre tan prep x

god some people really cant be pleased!! dont doubt yourself anyway to start with as you said you have repeat custom so you are doing something right. I would ask to see tan or just offer a refund to shut her up. bit much she is still on about it 5 days later.

First rule of a moan whatever treatment you have done is to make sure you actually see the client ASAP! Then make a decision about any rectification/refund...she is probs just after her money back after having the tan for her big nioht out..spent too much money and wants a way of getting some back to last her till payday!

However, it IS possible that her skin didn't like the % of tan she was sprayed with, if that's the case then its probs the best option to refund and have done with it, apologise, explain, etc

By day 5 the tan is starting to wear off and get patchy anyway.. ask open questions,like How did you exfoliate? What did you do to mosturise the tan,etc, so the answers you get are not just yes and no..and take it from there..

Good luck and let us know how you got on..x

If she's been "trying to cover the tan up" she's probably added to a problem that was barely there and made it worse!
Always ask to see the client after to rectify because you often find there complaining about nothing or they've tried to make themselves a little darker and gone home applied tan to themselves and usually badly then want you too fix it!

Latest posts

Back