Do I need to get Russian Hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Coming over from Beauty (I hope you don't mind!)

I am having a weave done at the end of the month and trying to find the best hair, I recently had one done and the hair quality is awful, matting together and I'm malting like mad! (buy cheap buy twice learnt my lesson!)

Was just wondering if you could give me some tips on what to look for? I am blonde so would russian hair be best? I;m guessing that I need to look for grade AAA 100% Remy?

Any adivce would be greatly appreciated and if you have any preffered supplyers.

Many Thanks

Hi Geeks

Coming over from Beauty (I hope you don't mind!)

I am having a weave done at the end of the month and trying to find the best hair, I recently had one done and the hair quality is awful, matting together and I'm malting like mad! (buy cheap buy twice learnt my lesson!)

Was just wondering if you could give me some tips on what to look for? I am blonde so would russian hair be best? I;m guessing that I need to look for grade AAA 100% Remy?

Any adivce would be greatly appreciated and if you have any preffered supplyers.

Many Thanks

Don't worry about grade and remy hair as this doesn't say much as every brand has different way of measuring grades. I am blonde Scandinavian hair and for me european and Russian is better as my own hair is so fine and Indian hair is just so coarse for me and looks a bit odd as my own hair is so shiny and soft compared to it.

To be honest though I put a Russian weave in a girlfriend of mine and she has had the same hair reused for over a year. So even though it cost a lot it pays of in the end and the hair does look better. For blondes it is also better as they can be dyed from a closer colour and not from black which is better for the hair. Good quality Indian hair is hard to find. I have tried many in my own hair and found some better than others but now I chose to invest in hair that matches my own texture perfectly.

Of course you don't have to have Russian but in my eyes it is worth it in the end.

Don't worry about grade and remy hair as this doesn't say much as every brand has different way of measuring grades. I am blonde Scandinavian hair and for me european and Russian is better as my own hair is so fine and Indian hair is just so coarse for me and looks a bit odd as my own hair is so shiny and soft compared to it.

To be honest though I put a Russian weave in a girlfriend of mine and she has had the same hair reused for over a year. So even though it cost a lot it pays of in the end and the hair does look better. For blondes it is also better as they can be dyed from a closer colour and not from black which is better for the hair. Good quality Indian hair is hard to find. I have tried many in my own hair and found some better than others but now I chose to invest in hair that matches my own texture perfectly.

Of course you don't have to have Russian but in my eyes it is worth it in the end.

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it! Can't beleive she had the same hair for over a year thats fab!! Thanks again :D xxx

Hi

I agree also with the extensionist too.

Most of my clients use Russian hair and as i've said on most of my post's, it really does last.

Be careful where you purchase from though as there are still many people using indian hair, chemically treating it and saying it's russian/european.

i understand you are blonde so try to go for the hair which has only been dyed blonde with no other chemicals - which a good supplier will state in the details... cuticle correct, single/double drawn will also reflect in the price.

Latest posts

Back