Do some UV lamps cure gels quicker than others?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey Geeks I've got a Brisa UV lamp and a friend of mine told me that you can get UV lamps now that cure the gel quicker than 2 mins i think it is in the brisa lamp. Is this true? Just if it is i'd be tempted to get a new lamp as I get loads of gels in and if i can do them quicker i can keep my prices low. Anyone know the answer to this?

You need to use the light and timings that are right for the gel that you use..
there are LED lights that cure fast (maybe to fast) but if you wanted to use that you would need to change your gel to . witch may work out expencive and with you then realising that slow and stedy wins the race!

theres really no reason to need to be any quicker than a 2 or 3 minute cure.

whilst one hand is in the lamp you are working on the other hand and theres no time lost.

the time it takes to cure is more down to the formulation of the gels rather than the lamp. its important that you use the correct lamp for your gel so that you get a complete cure and no heat spike. the led lamps do cure gels in seconds rather than minutes but they must be gels that have been specially formulated for use in led lamps.

Thanks for the advice guys. I use Akzentz and may be getting in some le chat next as well

I think the confusion lies with the new LED lamps that are due to arrive very soon. Gelish by Nail Harmony and the new Geleration by Jessica are both curable with the LED lamps. They are both designed to be cured in this way and only gels designed this way will cure properly this way.

There has been a lot of advice given on here about using the correct lamps for the product. It is more down to the formulation of the gel than the lamps, as has already been said. :lol:

theres really no reason to need to be any quicker than a 2 or 3 minute cure.

whilst one hand is in the lamp you are working on the other hand and theres no time lost.

the time it takes to cure is more down to the formulation of the gels rather than the lamp. its important that you use the correct lamp for your gel so that you get a complete cure and no heat spike. the led lamps do cure gels in seconds rather than minutes but they must be gels that have been specially formulated for use in led lamps.

I absolutely agree here. What difference does a quick cure make to the service when you can only do a perfect paint job in a certain amount of time?

The quicker clients take their hands out of the light the more chance they have to 'muck em up' by touching something; at least being in the lamp keeps them immobile for 2 minutes. :green: 2 minutes is the perfect sort of time for me to do a great job. The Shellac base coat cures in only 10 seconds, but I make the client keep their hand in the lamp (which has gone off) until I am ready for it. I don't see a super quick cure as a selling point actually.

I absolutely agree here. What difference does a quick cure make to the service when you can only do a perfect paint job in a certain amount of time?

The quicker clients take their hands out of the light the more chance they have to 'muck em up' by touching something; at least being in the lamp keeps them immobile for 2 minutes. :green: 2 minutes is the perfect sort of time for me to do a great job. The Shellac base coat cures in only 10 seconds, but I make the client keep their hand in the lamp (which has gone off) until I am ready for it. I don't see a super quick cure as a selling point actually.

I totally agree if it takes 2 minutes to paint the nails properly then there is no point in having a faster lamp. Clients will wave their hands around and get into sorts of trouble with fluff and dust, even their own hair, all over their sticky nails. :irked: For those who prefer to work a little faster then these new lamps are ideal. Used with the correct products of course! LOL!!!:green:

I totally agree if it takes 2 minutes to paint the nails properly then there is no point in having a faster lamp. Clients will wave their hands around and get into sorts of trouble with fluff and dust, even their own hair, all over their sticky nails. :irked: For those who prefer to work a little faster then these new lamps are ideal. Used with the correct products of course! LOL!!!:green:

Where I am concerned, I can't do a perfect polish any quicker without appearing to the client to 'rush the job' and in fact I would be rushing the job :lol:.

Where I am concerned, I can't do a perfect polish any quicker without appearing to the client to 'rush the job' and in fact I would be rushing the job :lol:.

Gigi can't do something ?!? :eek: *Faints*

this is what I ment in my earlye. Post though , if the light takes seconds and we take minuets clients get moody or messy!

lechat is designed to cure in any 9 watt or above lamp. :grr: The wattage has nothing to do with it!

lechat is designed to cure in any 9 watt or above lamp. :grr: The wattage has nothing to do with it!

i'm quite aware of that.
however the lechat gels have been tested with bulbs of varying uv output and will work with any brand of 9 watt bulb even the ones on the lower end of the uv output scale.

Surely the variation must have some effect if not over curing?

Latest posts

Back