Do tips like these need blending?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saraah

Reaction score
Because when i blend them they usually just break off.
Plus it takes forever and im starting to lose all motivation :(

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 208
Yes you blend natural tips. Blending is something you need to practice and the more you do it the better you will get at it. I used to be scared of blending but now do a good job and am quite quick too.

It is important to use a good high grit file and to get the tinyest angle on the file so your blending only the tip and not the natural nail. I find the easiest thing is to do the ears first and then do what is needed in the middle of the nail because when I used to do the middle first and struggled to get the ears done I would often blend the tip right off.

Another good tip is that when your blending and are not sure if you've taken off enough, wipe the nail with something wet (a little sanitiser on a lint free wipe works well) and while the nail is wet - that is what it will look like under l&p or gel. So blend what you can see you have to, then wipe it to see if anything extra is needed, if it is try to use the whole length of the file, and let it do the work for you without applying pressure and check as often as you need to.

Practice makes perfect and when you've put the effort in and see the results it makes it all worth while. The more you practice the more your confidence will grow and you will get faster and have less hicoughs (like blending a tip right off).

Also, check out Geeg's tutorials here on the site ( the Tutorial section is on the menu bar acros the top of the forum ). they are a real Godsend for tips on blending, file technique and pretty much everything else :D

Welcome to SG also :hug: xxx

Blending does take a while to get used too - I thought I was never gonna get it right and then one day it just clicked :) everyone's right it just takes practice.
However until you build up yr confidence you can buy natural tips that do not need blending. Pro Impressions do some fab ones called Advance Natural Smile - so while u r practicing u can use those and they r very reasonably priced too :)

Google nail angel videos it shows you on one of the videos but you will enjoy them all x

Also, check out Geeg's tutorials here on the site ( the Tutorial section is on the menu bar acros the top of the forum ). they are a real Godsend for tips on blending, file technique and pretty much everything else :D

Welcome to SG also :hug: xxx

Thanks all for the advice :)
And I can't seem to find the tutorials anywhere on here? :mad:
Sorry, I'm new ..

A few of the ladies on here recommended the CND tips so I got myself some and OMG there amazing!!!! Expensive but they save soo much time ive put a tip on my nail and it look around 6 swipes to blend with just a file seriously invest in some! Xx

Thanks all for the advice :)
And I can't seem to find the tutorials anywhere on here? :mad:
Sorry, I'm new ..

Click on "other" at the top of this page, then "member tutorials"

Hth xxxx

Latest posts

Back