Do you argue about your in-laws??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiejoe

Reaction score
Well just wondering if there are others out there like me or am I the only one?!

Just had another arguement with my boyfriend about his family(there is mum, dad, two brothers and a sister). He moans to me about them and then when I try and make things better by smoothing things over he wants to argue with me!! Sometimes I feel I can't win. I wouldnt dream of saying something bad about them(sometimes I want to) but when I try to keep the peace it never works. If I say nothing I get told I don't care if I say something I get told I have an answer for everything(well I am a woman!)
The thing is arguing about the in-laws is the only thing that makes us argue!!!:mad::mad:

Well just wondering if there are others out there like me or am I the only one?!

Just had another arguement with my boyfriend about his family(there is mum, dad, two brothers and a sister). He moans to me about them and then when I try and make things better by smoothing things over he wants to argue with me!! Sometimes I feel I can't win. I wouldnt dream of saying something bad about them(sometimes I want to) but when I try to keep the peace it never works. If I say nothing I get told I don't care if I say something I get told I have an answer for everything(well I am a woman!)
The thing is arguing about the in-laws is the only thing that makes us argue!!!:mad::mad:

No answer to your probs mate but the best way for me has been not to get involved in the last couple of years.
If you don't speak or know about them then you can't argue.

I used to, but now I can't be bothered any more, it's not worth it, they don't speak to me anymore and I don't speak to them, my husband loves me and our family, he also loves his family.....I guess the difference here is that they live hundreds of miles away so we don't see them very much. It's not worth the hassle IMO...even though I tried back along!

i had all this crap with my first hubby - with dave i dont have that prob as his parents are both dead - i have never met either of them, so cant really comment on them - YOU have to say what you feel tho flower, otherwise it will fester into a bigger mess

My hubbies Mam only lives down the road from us about 6 miles, but never comes to see us! We have 2 children( her grand children) but still doesnt bother!
She always makes the effort to go and see other family members, but never us!? I am starting to believe its me that she doesnt like!

My sister in law is odd aswell, shes the same age as me but acts like a ten year old, she expects everything for nothing. I did a thread ages ago about her wanting me to do her nails for free etc etc, Ive started doing her nails recently and charging her £10 until the salon is open when it will go up to full price £30, anyway after about 2 months, the nails were all hers no tips, and really fab! So she decided to undo all the hard work and picked the lot off, and now says her nails are sore!! REALLY!!!

In laws who;d have em!!!

If you have quibbles with them Id say its best to leave well alone!

We don,t argue about them.. we both have parents that have their faults and we agree about them.. if i have a prob with his mum I tell her and he cowers in the background :lol: but does not disagree, we both seem to see the same faults with each others family and laugh about it together...

It can be quite funny..

I guess it depends how serious you are as to what to do about it.You may be able to put up with it and keep your mouth shut for now but if you are thinking of marriage and babies with him you wont be able to put up with it forever and it will cause major problems.
Have you actually told him how you feel but not at a time when you are arguing.Perhaps he doesnt realise how much it is all upsetting you.

In your shoe's, when he starts I would hold my hand up and say 'no, we are not having this conversation, if I agree with you, you yell at me, if I smooth things over, you yell at me, if I don't coment, you yell at me and I am not going to be yelled at because of your family. so this is one conversation we are not having'
I have been married to Paul for 22 years and I can trace just about every argument we have ever had back to one person, Mike:irked: my brother in law. Paul thinks I am the sexiest woman on the planet and has this green eyed monster in his back pocket. Normaly this is not a problem but back in the begining Mike would realy play on it to Paul and it drove me nuts, finaly we reached the understanding that he tells his brother to shut up instead of giving me 20 questions if I talk to a man.:rolleyes: Funny thing about perfect Mike, he used to do the same thing to his other brother Chris and yet its Mike who is single and Paul and Chris who are married:lol:

Richard mother died when he was 8 on christmas day of a clot on the brain...yes i know how awful is that...

As for my father in law he lives with us:eek::eek:

We have our "moments" but after all hes Richards dad and has disibilities as hes older now...we even take him on holiday with us...sometimes it gets me down,but hes all the family hes got in us,and my dad never bothered about me,so i think such is life...My father in law is kind,generous,sincere and wouldnt hurt anyone ...

Hes helped us and we help him in return...lifes too short:rolleyes:

Well mine dont talk to me and i dont talk to them, so problem solved.:)

Yes! You should have been a fly on the wall this afternoon...

.. we'd fallen out and not seen them for a few days but then she turns up today pretending to be all nice waving her bank charges Court letter... (I've been claiming them back for her so she needs me to help her out) :irked:

So false... thing is, my husband knows exactly what she's like and agrees with me. She just loves causing arguments I think.

Don't worry about it... it's normal... why do you think there are so many jokes about in-laws?! :hug:

Well the next day and everything has blown over (until next time!):lol:
But I have said just tell me they are ok and thats all I don't want to know anything else. Watch this space.:):)

Latest posts

Back