Do you believe happy girls are the prettiest?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily143

Reaction score
Here is a quote from Audrey Hepburn:

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and... I believe in miracles." ~ Audrey

What do you take this part of the quote to mean:

"I believe happy girls are the prettiest."

I want to put this on my website:

http://www.pinkprincesshair.com

What do you think?

Thanks,
xoxo <3 Em

When you are happy your face is relaxed, your eyes are alive and shining and your mouth is beautiful cos you're always smiling.

Naomi Campbell is a beautiful woman but she is so miserable and sulky looking all the time that I can't stand looking at her.

Jacqui xx

I think it is lovely, really good qoute :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Here is a quote from Audrey Hepburn:

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and... I believe in miracles." ~ Audrey

What do you take this part of the quote to mean:

"I believe happy girls are the prettiest."

I want to put this on my website:

What do you think?

Thanks,
xoxo <3 Em

Not everyone is pretty, lets face it, and probably a lot of the "less fortunate" looking people are aware of that. I think maybe some of these people might be put off at seeing this quote on your website, especially the self conscious ones. It might just be me, but it sort of sounds as if maybe you only want pretty people in your salon?
Like I said it might just be me, it is a good quote, but not sure about putting it on the website :)

I love this audrey hepburn quote.!!! I think you should definately have it in the brochures! very unique :)

LolaSpa xxx

Not everyone is pretty, lets face it, and probably a lot of the "less fortunate" looking people are aware of that. I think maybe some of these people might be put off at seeing this quote on your website, especially the self conscious ones. It might just be me, but it sort of sounds as if maybe you only want pretty people in your salon?
Like I said it might just be me, it is a good quote, but not sure about putting it on the website :)

I do agree as well. A beauty business
concentrates on someones face not their inner feelings. I think this would be appropriate if you were flogging self help books not facials. That being said if you are doing a great job on their appearance it is going to make them happy isnt it....which is maybe the other way round from the quote though.

If you were to put the whole quote on your website, then yes. It's a nice quote and it makes sense.
But if you were to put just "I believe happy girls are the prettiest" some people might find this offensive, they might look at it wrong way and like someone said above they might think you only want pretty girls in your salon.

So either I would use the whole quote or think of another one.

I love this quote....it's fab. I saw it on here a few weeks ago. However, I agree that singling out the happy girls are the prettiest could be taken the wrong way. I haven't been happy in my life and am already extremely self conscious about myself and the way I look....reading this bit (on it's own) makes me wonder how bl**dy ugly I must look....even uglier than I think. Boo! The whole quote sounds much better and that bit can be taken the complete opposite way.

I agree with most of the other posters. In the context of the whole quote, I take it to mean that happy girls are the ones who take time to pretty themselves up, or pamper themselves to feel good. Or you could interpret it another way- that the prettiest girls are the ones who are happy and show that happiness.

By itself, I think it gives the wrong impression. If you didn't want to use the whole quote, but just the snippet, maybe you could reword it? For example- 'I believe the prettiest girls are the ones who are happy?'

Just a little suggestion that might convey the sentiment better on it's own, and stills fits in with the idea for your website. x

Yeah I think maybe if you used the whole quote, and not just the one line, it would be a lot better :)

thanks for the insight everyone! I used the whole quote! I was not going to only use the one i asked about. I was asking everyone what they thought about it because i didnt want it to sound the wrong way. I interpret it as this...Happy people are the prettiest because when someone is happy, they have a glow and shine through. It makes them beautiful on the inside, which is more important than the out. I hope I didnt offend anyone.. thank you!!

Em

thanks for the insight everyone! I used the whole quote! I was not going to only use the one i asked about. I was asking everyone what they thought about it because i didnt want it to sound the wrong way. I interpret it as this...Happy people are the prettiest because when someone is happy, they have a glow and shine through. It makes them beautiful on the inside, which is more important than the out. I hope I didnt offend anyone.. thank you!!

Em

thats exactly how i took it hun. At one point i had this on my website too. Is a fabulous quote x x x

I absolutely do! Pick apart a picture of some of the happy women who you think are pretty. When you do that, you'll find that they're not really pretty. Their beauty emanates from within.

Em

Glad you've found the answers you were looking for :)

yes some quite ugly people who believe in themselves are attractive its a state of mind x

lol a few people obviously didnt understand the quote.

Em
PinkPrincessHair Home Page

That's how I took it. I think when someone is truly happy, they feel confident. And a confident person gives off good, happy vibes, thus making them attractive to others.

Hey! So beaides my website and business cards and facebook what is a cool way to get my name out there.. Im offering a new service called hair tinseling and i just knw its gonna be a new trend around where i live!! I was thinkin maybe cute pink tshirts with my pinkprincesshair logo on it that all my girls can rock!! What do u all think and any ideas of cute atuff to hustle m get new clients!!??? Thanks

Ha! When you leave a salon you are happy...which makes you and your manicure prettier!!
(even if you have hair removed you are still happy with the result)

Its a beautiful line with many meanings and you can take it an anyway you want!

Ive known some very beautiful people but they are really selfish and cold hearted which makes them ugly!

I'd use it if you like it, it's a reflection of you and your salon!! X

Thanks girl!!!i thought it was classy n cute:)

Latest posts

Back