do you believe in marriage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my first marriage broke up I said never again - it was just gonna be me and my 2 boys. Then I met Ted and we got married and had Rach. It just felt right, and I don't think I would of had any more kids if we hadn't got married.

1999judy said:
After my first marriage broke up I said never again - it was just gonna be me and my 2 boys. Then I met Ted and we got married and had Rach. It just felt right, and I don't think I would of had any more kids if we hadn't got married.

Guess it is that 'feel right' factor.
I'm happy for you!

I swore that after my first marriage i would never get married again... then i met chris, after our first son was born (well 2yrs) later we tied the knot.. i spent the last two days before the wedding cruing on my fathers knee worried that i was doning the right thing..... 12yrs later i would not change a thing.. we still make each other laugh.... we knew within two weeks of meeting each other that we would be together forever we even looked into buying a house together after 2 weeks.. i really believe that you know, if you just feel that its right bewarned trust me you KNOW....

Hello , Just had to post on this one
well My HUBBY and I have been together for little over 15 yrs and married 14 yrs.. I LOVE HIM deprately still!!! :lick: He is my best friend and lover!! I cant imagine life with out him !:Love:
For my family marraige is ugly ,mom has been married and devorced 10 times ,dad 4 times, grandma 6 times aunt's 3 and 2 times, and finnaly my uncle 4 times, so you could say that in my family I am very rare and excedingly BLESSED!!:o :Love:
Hugs to all :hug: and GOOD Luck in what ever you do!
Fingerfun

StarStar said:
14th october is my big day, we have been togeather for 12 yrs and engaged for 7 so I think it is about time we did make our relationship official. A wedding really doesn't have to cost the earth, I'm having a church wedding and reception for about 80 peeps, which is just close family and friends, and I haven't gone over board on all the little extras which has helped. :)
A firend of mine just got married & they'd been together 15 yrs to the day & have 3 kids. They gave out individual drink coolers ( stubbie holders but not sure if yous will no what that is ) with " about bloody time" printed on them.

I believe in marriage but don't know if I'll ever do it.

beautynails said:
A firend of mine just got married & they'd been together 15 yrs to the day & have 3 kids. They gave out individual drink coolers ( stubbie holders but not sure if yous will no what that is ) with " about bloody time" printed on them.

I believe in marriage but don't know if I'll ever do it.
only would happen here in aus, stubbie holders are much more useful than bomboneries (excuse the spelling,hope you know what i mean
icon_lol.gif
)

I met my husband when i was 19, we were married 3 years later. He was my first kiss, boyfriend, even the first boy i ever held hands with. we have an 8 month old son now and we'll be married 3 years in august. he bacame my best friend. we were careful to not rush anything. we are both commited to eachother and our marriage.

I believe in marriage.
I'm not a christian. But, I do believe in monogamy and lifelong commitment and sharing that decision with one's family via a celebration
(Besides, who wouldn't want to be a princess for a day????)

HOWEVER, I have been with my s/o for going on 8yrs this summer.
We are not married, though we are engaged. Why? Because as soon as finances started looking good and we could plan marriage "Whoops" I got preggers...... got finances in place again "OH S***" preggers again.
(Please note, words in quotes will be what I change my daughter's names to since those are exactly the words I said when I saw the test results lol)
THEN we bought a house that was a fixer upper.

Yes, I believe in marriage.
Yes, i want to get married..
Can I afford it?

Ummmm NOPE

My catchphrase is "I'll look like the mother of the bride before I'm even a bride" and let me tell you, I'm tired of griping about it LOL

yep I believe in it, and after 10 yrs I still do.:irked: :lol: :lol:

Paul is my best friend, I call him my other half because thats what he is, we've been married for 21 years and our living together aneversary is on April 20th it will be 22 years. He still makes me laugh, he still turns me on and he's the only person I want to talk to when I have a problem. I don't want girlie nights out unless he comes to and he's the same. We are both second time around partners and I think thats part of it. We both learned 1st time around that you have to comprmise to stay together. So yes I do believe in marriage and would do it all again, my only regret is that I wasted 4 years of my life on the 1st prat.

OK, I usually only browse this forum, but I gotta jump in on this! And hi, Victoria!
I believe in marriage, and abstinence until the I do's are said! I'm the only one in the family who has been married twice and I was about disowned for that one. I'll be labeled a sinner for life! Hubby was a virgin until our wedding night (I wasn't obviously because I was married before.) And I love being a wife, I've always wanted to be married, couldn't imagine life without a husband. Married the first time at 16, and the second at 20. If I could do it again, I wouldn't change anything. Even the divorce. The 4 years with my ex has helped me appreciate my husband. I just haven't figured out what to do with a perfect husband and three perfect children! (They're perfect at this moment anyway)

Sassy Hassy said:
Don't you dare or I'll excommunicate you!
:sad: ...but Sassy, I love you!!!

What if I invite you to the wedding??? On Second thought, better not or you'd kill the groom...or ME......LOL!!!

I got married for the first time when I was 18, but only lasted a year as we were too young and not ready for responcibilty!:cry: Met my second hubby when I was 29 married him 2 years later and now have 3 wonderful kids!:lol: Been together 17 years in total and still very happy.I believe that to make a marriage work you need to be able to be good friends and to compromise, to talk, have a good sense of humour and laugh a lot!!!!!works for me:lol::Grope:

I met my husband through a Sunday newspaper as we both replied to an article in it and the editor put us in touch with each other. We were married 10 months later....that was 34years ago!!!! OMG can it really be that long:eek: We have 3 grown up sons and although we have had our moments and it has not all been plain sailing, we are still together and are now what I would call ''comfortable'' with each other. My youngest son also gets married in May this year and I hope he can make his marriage last as long as we have. It is all a matter of give and take and compromising.:D

I met my first husband (father of my 2 kids) when I was 17, we were engaged by 21, married by 23, kids by 24, divorced by 30.

I met Dennis about 6 months later and have been with him for 7 years this year. We are engaged with no plans to marry yet, and we live separately. :D

We completely appreciate each other and what we have got, we learnt from our previous marriages and try to sort out any problems without delay.

The second time around is great, never could imagine I would ever be this happy again. xx:Love:

i'm a great believer in marriage, not to say that living together isn't ok though.
we got engaged after 3 weeks (both 18), everyone thought we were mad... got married 18 months later... yes we've had our ups and downs over the years, but then again, who doesn't?
we've been together for 19 years, it's our 17th wedding anniversary this August... if I had my time over I wouldn't change anything... i've got my soulmate and best friend all rolled into one, love him to bits :Love:

Nope!
Horrible idea. As the old joke goes, marriage is an institution, and whoever wanted to be put in one of those?

thanks for your replies. glad to see many of you have wonderful marriages, loved reading all your love stories, i'm such a romantic
icon_lol.gif
. i have a vision of my second wedding being married barefoot on a beautiful beach with just my kids present,plus tony of course,lol. just simple, and this time it will last forever!

I want to get married - not just yet mind, but it would be nice if someone asked!!! Soo many young people I know don't want to get married - its so sad! I want to get married abroad and on a beach - don't see the point in spending loads of money on a great big churchy do. I'd have a massive party though back in England to make up for people who had missed it.....not that ive planned the whole event...hmmm one day! (i hope!)

I can't wait to get married!

I know where I want it to be, the reception, the entertainment, the photographer, the video man, the dresses, the flowers!

God do you think i'm obsessed!

Latest posts

Back