Do you charge for gel soak off prior to a new set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey geeks just looking to see who charges for gel soak offs before they apply a fresh set. I haven't been but by looking at my prices I'm going to have to start as I'm now too cheap.

What do you charge for gels and a soak off? And do u include a soak off free of charge?

I charge, £5 if having a new set and £10 if not. That's on top of my gel charges french £30, colour £28. I'm modestly priced compared to high street salons in my area, but one girl doing gels for as little as £12.50!

I don't charge if they're having a new set as it only takes about 10-15 mins to get off. I do charge if they're only having a removal and I treat the nails with cuticle oil & nail envy etc.

x

Of course you should charge!
It's your time and product! Count how much product you use per customer plus your time. Multiply by 10 and will see how much time you are working for free and how much money you are spending on product.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Great advice - now see how silly I've been - my suppliers said that I couldn't really charge for removal - I was thinking time's money and that I should be but didn't - but will now do same as you and charge if they not getting them redone. Thanks!

I include removal into every appointment for Shellac! The client pays the same for every appointment unless I remove remove completely And for that I charge a different price.

I'm completely ripping myself off! Haha I haven't put my prices up for about 2 years now. Time for a price increase now I think as I'm only charging £24 for colour and £25 for French and that includes your soak off!
My clients have been getting an absolute bargain!

I include removal into every appointment for Shellac! The client pays the same for every appointment unless I remove remove completely And for that I charge a different price.

Thats a very good point. Keeps it simple for clients and covers our time and expense.

Jan Arnold also recommended to charge same price every time.

So you just need to restructure your pricing and like Geeg says, charge same price that includes removal.

X

Nail designer with a twist;)

I'm completely ripping myself off! Haha I haven't put my prices up for about 2 years now. Time for a price increase now I think as I'm only charging £24 for colour and £25 for French and that includes your soak off!
My clients have been getting an absolute bargain!

is this for nail extensions or for gel overlays....what products are you using. i charge £22 for french overlays and £20 for coloured. however i charge full price to take them off as my gel does not soak off and takes so long to get off however i never ever do removals. i cant even remember the last one i did my clients just seem to get infills and infills.

is this for nail extensions or for gel overlays....what products are you using. i charge £22 for french overlays and £20 for coloured. however i charge full price to take them off as my gel does not soak off and takes so long to get off however i never ever do removals. i cant even remember the last one i did my clients just seem to get infills and infills.

stanyer-So if they decide to have a break do you remove or just thin them down a little over a couple of manicures till they grow out?

Latest posts

Back