Do you ever feel old???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still as daft as I was at 18 so no, I don't really feel that old. It's just a number really. xxx

Today I have been thinking about my birthday,which is very soon.

I'm going to be 40 and I am scared.I know it's just a number but should I rush out and buy some rollers,head sarf and a crimplene dress?........

Only kidding,Hilda Ogden I am not.But should I be acting differently,once I hit the big 40.

I want to do something extra special for my 40th but what??Have been wracking my brains all year and still have come up with nothing.Any ideas geeks???

Or do you think time for me to keep my slippers warmed by the fire :eek: ?

Is age just a number???:cry:

Usually, I say yes. I've seen 16 yr olds act like old ladies, and old ladies act like 16yr olds (I dont mean actual 'actions', but demeanor?). Age is in the heart and personality, usually. As they say, only as old as you feel.

I myself am not presently happy with my age. I've felt old for yearrrrrs, but lately it bugs me more.
I didn't have a childhood per se.. and moved out on my own at 16yrs and been working and independant ever since. There are many times (mostly in the younger years) where I simply could not relate to people my own age, and was only comfortable with older people.

These days, my age bugs me because I started my family late. I'm 35, and girls are 3 & 5yrs.... When my oldest hits 18yrs, I'll be 48:eek: :irked: And if she waits as long as I did to start a family EEKES:eek:
Having arthritis and circulatory problems makes me feel old...
Not being married yet, and wanting to get married before I sprout another grey hair or wrinkle really irks me! I want to look like a BRIDE, not the mother of one :evil:

BUT on other days, I'm just one of the kids, goofing on the floor with the girls, playing play-doh....

Like I said, it's mostly in our minds :lol:

As for the rollers, I wear those already LOL

Something special? Do something "young" and 'daring' and feel ultra young again. Something you always wanted to do, but were too afraid to.
What have you always wanted to do?

Really dont know Victoria,would like to have a party on a boat but birthday is in Dec and will be risky booking something like that as weather could ruin everything.xx

Age is such a funny thing and I do think that it is all in our head. I have always had a thing about being 30, I always told myself that I would not get married after 30 (got married 2 days before) and that I would never have any children after 30 ( I thought that I would be too old then ) however at the grand old age of nearly 32!!!!!! I am trying for my 5th baby and I don't feel too old at all. Why did I in my 20's think that I would be past it all in my 30's? How daft.

Saying that I certainly do look older now and that seemed to happen over night :cry:

however at the grand old age of nearly 32!!!!!! I am trying for my 5th baby and I don't feel too old at all.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU'RE DAFT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fifth? HOLY COW! I have only two and they wear me right out!! I can't imagine. That's GOTTA keep ya young, needing all that energy to keep up with all the monkey's hahaha

I wanted to have 3.. but started late cause I just couldn't "stay" pregnant, several miscarriages later, 2 beautiful girls. Both high risk pregnancies, both difficult and deliveries not much fun either.. probelmatic.
Soooo it's probably best I don't try again. In any case, can't afford a 3rd. These critters are EXPENSIVE :lol:

To Babs,
A boat would be fun! Keep us posted and let us know what you decide
:hug:

UMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU'RE DAFT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fifth? HOLY COW! I have only two and they wear me right out!! I can't imagine. That's GOTTA keep ya young, needing all that energy to keep up with all the monkey's hahaha

I wanted to have 3.. but started late cause I just couldn't "stay" pregnant, several miscarriages later, 2 beautiful girls. Both high risk pregnancies, both difficult and deliveries not much fun either.. probelmatic.
Soooo it's probably best I don't try again. In any case, can't afford a 3rd. These critters are EXPENSIVE :lol:

I know, it is so funny that with your first child everyone is so happy for you, the second ok people are still chuffed for you 3rd 'my goodness that will be hard work' 4th 'Another one!' 5th 'Are you MAD'

I come from a large family and I love the feeling of lots of loved ones around. I always said I would stop at 4, but now the youngest is nearly 3 I feel the need for another Baby around the house, I LURVE BABIES. Hubby says that we HAVE to stop at 5 though xx

I feel old when I run up the stairs and have to stand for a minute at the top to get my breath,
I feel old when I catch sight of myself in the mirror first thing,
I feel old when my kids ask what songs I am singing,
I feel old when my roots turn from blonde to grey :cry:

But I feel young when I chase my kids round the garden.
I feel young when I am dancing on chairs in the pub,
I feel young when people say you dont look your age,
I feel young when I can laugh and laugh

So yes sometimes feel old and sometimes young but always me :)

I absolutely refuse to get into this one , I am far too busy looking for the zimmer, tena lady, steradent, and lanacane

Do i feel old YES lol

I didn't mind becoming forty. I was in New york eating my breakfast in Grand Central Station:green: .

I'm 43 now and still feel like i'm 24. my bones ache a lot now and i've got a dogy hip, but the other day my 14 year old daughter told me that her friends mum thought i was only 34 so i dont feel so bad now...

deb x x

Latest posts

Back