Do you ever hate the set you've done on your client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
I had my first set that I absolutely hated yesterday. It was a very tricky design to do, but I was also pressed on time because one of the girls didn't schedule my clients properly.

I'm looking at the set right now and it looks awful... She's a very nice client too. Should I call her and offer her a discount on her next visit? I feel terrible :(

I've certainly been dissatisfied but hated ? no, I don't think so. I'm hardly ever satisfied really! That is the artist's temperament for ya!! :green:

I would ring and say that you were not entirely satisfied with the set you did and offer to put it all right at her next appointment or sooner if she wishes. Nice thing to do.

You seldom need to soak and start again .. usually a good file and shape does the trick AND the weird thing is that often when you see the set again .. it actually looks pretty good :eek: and not as bad as you remembered! :hug:

I agree with Geeg,

Sometimes I do a set which I'm not completely thrilled with but then when I see them for infills I think 'did I really do them? They look good!' :)

x

This happened to me on Friday but luckily it was my eldest daughter. I was working at her house with a room full of inquisitive grandchildren and their cousins, lots of noise and I was very hot and flustered as I had already had to soak off 3 that I didn't like as I was trying to do glitter tips in popits - never again!:irked: I was so disappointed but by the time I had finished it was 6pm, the grandchildren were hungry and they were leaving for a holiday in cornwall at 4am the next morning, so couldn't do anything about it. I am rarely completely happy with my work and the girls are always saying I am too critical but I suppose that is better than turning out shoddy work and thinking it is good :eek:

This happened to me on Friday but luckily it was my eldest daughter. I was working at her house with a room full of inquisitive grandchildren and their cousins, lots of noise and I was very hot and flustered as I had already had to soak off 3 that I didn't like as I was trying to do glitter tips in popits - never again!:irked: I was so disappointed but by the time I had finished it was 6pm, the grandchildren were hungry and they were leaving for a holiday in cornwall at 4am the next morning, so couldn't do anything about it. I am rarely completely happy with my work and the girls are always saying I am too critical but I suppose that is better than turning out shoddy work and thinking it is good :eek:

It sure is!!! And God knows there are plenty doing THAT. :lol: :rolleyes:

you are always your own worst critic, and in my eyes thats a good thing, means your always improving and stepping up your game.

If you are truely unhappy though just give your client a courtasy call

xxx

I did a horrid set last week, everything went wrong with them. I called her the next day and said i wasnt happy and would she like to come back , she said no, she loved them and was more than happy.......................go figure!!

tigi

I feel the same way.
Everyone always says that they love their nails.
Its up to them to tell you whether or not they like them or have a problem.
Never tell your clients you're not happy with your work because it shows that you're not confident and clients don't like to see that.
If they mention it when they come back in the next time, just tell them you'll take xx amount off the new set.
I always hate me work but its because I am sitting there critiquing my work, but if I see them out or look at them when they come back, Im thinking to myself, wow those are nice lol
It takes a long time.
I've only been doing nails for a year and not even a lot, I was working on a business plan for the past year and only practicing on 3-4 sets a month, so I still have a long way to go.
Education is endless with nails, there are so many options for it.
Its hard not to be hard on yourself. I know, I do it all the time.
Just do your best to be confident! :)

Thanks for the advise everyone!

I think I'll definitely give her few off her next set. I guess calling her and telling her I don't like my work would make her hate her set as well... She was very happy that I didn't use a drill to take her gel off though, and she has about 2 more visits to completely grow out the mystery gel on her nails so I'm hoping she'll come back. I also got a private number to give out to my clients so I can handle all of my appointments now. I am sick of apologizing to clients for making them wait because the staff has no idea how to take appointments >;|

I have enjoyed reading this thread, it's great to know that others feel the same about the work they do as me. Sometimes I am unhappy and always get the client to look and tell me if they are happy with the end result. Not had a complaint so far :lol: but good to be criticle of your own work

Latest posts

Back