Do you guys and gals try to keep time to an hour for enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to ask if you aim for doing a rebalance or new set in an hour? I take about hour and a half at the moment, and am mobile so it doesnt matter that much. I am going in to a rented room soon and city centre parking is free for an hour only, i guess they could walk or bus in , and some might have parked in a pay by the hour park.
Will they be put off by me taking longer? i have done e file training to help me with speed but to be honest i hardly used it , plus i am happy with taking that time, i feel its what i need to do a good job.Only whenever i have had mine done they have been done in an hour , is that what clients will expect? I will put the approximate times on my signage, could this put them off!:)

im mobile too and it takes me 2 hours for a full set and for rebalances , all my clients are happy with this but ive never worked in a salon so dont really know what their timings are like but i would think if you were back 2 back with clients everyday your speed would get quicker, for me personally tho i cant see at the mo how i would get my time down unless i missed something out so id rather take that bit longer and know ive done a good job, if your clients are happy with the work you do i wouldnt worry too much about your time.

I've worked in many salons....and clients who have gotten there nails done for some time usually knows it takes longer than an hour.....maybe a manicure you could get in ....but for enhancements ...they usually take an hour or longer .....
I take an hour to one half depending on size,shape,if custom colour, artwork......so it depends...
might I suggest you tell clients it takes longer than an hour as you want THERE time to be special.....

everywhere here that i've worked takes anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours...i take 1 1/2 hours if i'm not distracted or have a lot of lifting to file off

Cheers for the replies, You have made me feel a better, i will just make sure that they know how long it might take. Just a lot of the salons do them in an hour, i though it might put people off! But they sometimes have trainees who finish off , and then they can start there next client ! Its just going to be little me!:)

Take however long is natural for you and dont be under pressure to get down to an hour I've been doing nails 6+ yrs and still cant get lower than 1hr 10 mins. If you do good nails then thats why there coming............however if you can train your eye to instantly know which tips they need or get your product application time down then do.

What I would probably do is have a choice of treatments that can be done within an hour, so for those that have no choice they you can at least have something to offer them. i.e. - express mani and pedis etc.

Once you have them in the door for treatments you are more than likely retain their custom when they dow ant a set of enhancements.

What I would probably do is have a choice of treatments that can be done within an hour, so for those that have no choice they you can at least have something to offer them. i.e. - express mani and pedis etc.

Once you have them in the door for treatments you are more than likely retain their custom when they dow ant a set of enhancements.
Thats a good idea i could have an express treatment list , thanks for that never thought of it! That way you could catch the eye of people who dont have a lot of time.:)

If they love your nails they will put another £1 or whatever in the meter . . . it takes as long as it takes. :hug:

Now thats a thought - offer to pay their parking fee for them, they wont know you have built the price of that into your expenses to calculate your prices.

Great marketing ploy. x x x

A lot of places do nails in an hour (but honestly are they the type of nails you would want to churn out?), sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, I always book an hour and a half that way if I'm back to back and I finish early I can have a wee break!

Great idea about the express menu, but if you are concentrating on enhancements you need to allow more time.

if they get the first hour free you would need to be doing clients in less than an hour as you need to allow for them getting to and from their car, getting in and out of the salon etc...personally its a time frame that i wouldn't fight against. i would let everyone know how long it takes then you wouldn't feel rushed.

you also have to factor in clients being late or needing more work....you would constantly be stressing about time and you would lose focus on your work.

take the time you need to produce nails you are happy with...you work will speak for itself and you will more than likely gain more clients through word of mouth

xx

The good thing is i wont have setting up time and clearing up etc, and having a few booked in back to back will get me in the flow more, so i might get quicker with experience! Cant wait!:)

I don't time myself anymore, years ago I used to but there's a few things to take into consideration which is why you shouldn't need to:

depends upon your visual/verbal consultaton with the client - u have to include this in the overall timings of a new service.

the condition of the client's nails; very weak, sensitve, bitten, severe cuticle growth - will need to prep thoroughly -which naturally adds time;

getting application of momomer & polymer to a correct consistancy - takes experience to perfect

every step taken when appling a new set either makes the next one easier or harder especially when filing in the finished article;

confidence in one's ability, great product knowledge, application techniques, extra master classes aid in building skills;

it takes technicians sometime to build up filing skills, life is not a race.

Better to spend a little improving the finished article than to rush, end up with problems and loose a client.

Speed will gradually build naturally overtime with time spent in service industry, working in a bizzy salon always helps to accelerate abilities.

I'm a tortoise, I take 2 hours for a full set pink and white. Always trying to get the perfect smile line!

Latest posts

Back