Do you have many nail technicians as clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I have 3 nail technicians who like to come to me to have their nails done. Although I used to get really nervous about it, it is a great confidence builder and also makes me more confident about the possible nail technicians that come to me as secret shoppers. I think that if you can do fellow technicians nails with confidence, there are very few instances where you will get intimidated.

Do you have nail technicians as clients and how do you feel about it?

I have two ladies who are qualifeid techs, its great cos one of them is fairly new to it, so asks loads of stuff, but it helps me when i explain things to her, it really helps it sink in!:)

I too have 3 nail technicians come to me to have their nails done. It doesn't bother me at all. They see it as a treat, I see it as business. I'm confident enough in my work not to let it bother me. And these 3 constantly pick my brains, but I take that as a compliment.
What does bother me a bit is the nail technicians that come to me for a one off set or maybe 2 or 3 appointments after just to see how the other half do it!:lol:
These one's you can spot a mile off, but I just take their money & get on with it.

I have 2 or 3 and they are all geeks so its great:)

i have had one, but shes left me now ,( moved away)
when she first came to me, i was worried, as i didnt know how to handle the situation, but i soon realised that she had done one course and that was it, she had no idea about sculpting, etc, and once i found that she wasnt any longer a practising nail tech, i coped better, she was really nice, and said things like, " ohhh i didnt know that could be done" and " i was never in to it like you as i wasnt very good " etc, she came to me for ages, then i was sad to see her go, but, now id be more confident if a nail tech came to me

i don't have any but would love to.

I am seriously considering going to a professional for my nails just as a treat and also as a fact finding expedition.
Altho after reading some of these posts i don't want to offend by picking their brains.
So should i admit it? Or just play dumb and be like a sponge and soak it all in?
Would you rather they tell you they are a tech?

I don't at present but have had a couple of local Nail Technician's book for a treatment when I first moved to the area. You can spot them a mile off:lol:

i don't have any but would love to.

I am seriously considering going to a professional for my nails just as a treat and also as a fact finding expedition.
Altho after reading some of these posts i don't want to offend by picking their brains.
So should i admit it? Or just play dumb and be like a sponge and soak it all in?
Would you rather they tell you they are a tech?
I would rather I knew when I was doing another nail technicians nails and, if they were up front, I would be happy to talk them through what I was doing.

I do my mates nails who is a tech too because she cant do her left hand, But I dont let her do mine lol I am mega fussy :)

I don't as yet, think I would be a little nervous though at first but would be good for talking about nail things though!! Would want to know though if I was doing a techs nails!!

I don't have any. And I also do my own nails. I do have regular contact (face to face) with some nailtechs. It's great to do some networking.

Minette

I mentored a new tech for a while and also did her nails on one occasion, as she wanted to try out black tips.

No i dont have any nail tech clients but there again have you seen my enahncements lol

No i dont have any nail tech clients but there again have you seen my enahncements lol
Lucia,

If you lived nearer me, I'd love to have you look after my natural nails x

I have an ex Nail Tech as a client - she did the Creative Foundation course, rented a room in a gym, stuck it for 6 months and then jacked it in! She didn't tell me til the end of her first appointment but has become a regular so I must be ok!!! I am very aware of the nails I do on trained people, more than that really the whole process - but I'm confident in what I do...... I'd rather they were up front though.

I did have someone want a set a while ago - she asked me loads of questions about how I set up business, then eventually admitted she'd done a course and was setting herself up mobile...... offering only white tips with a clear overlay - because it's easier and smile lines are hard.... I was a bit put out but then decided she wasn't really competition!!

I don't have any tech clients but my old nail lady is lovely and she was fully behind me when I said I was going to train and has offered her help if I need it.

I have stuck with doing my own nails since training (extra practice) and also I think I would feel really bad if I said to someone that I did nails and showed mine but they had been done by someone else.

Does anyone ever worry that the nail techs whose nails you are doing pass them off as their Handy work?

I have 3 nail techs as clients (one is my biz partner!)....used to get really scared about doing their nails but now I'm OK !

I don't have any techs as my clients,but if i did i would be a nervous wreck !

I would expect them to pick faults and tell me what to do through out.

I do that if anyone less experienced does my hair,in fact more experienced as well for that matter lol x

Latest posts

Back