Do you use your 'own' products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Reading some of the other posts in the last few days has got me thinking! :rolleyes:

For those who have chosen a specific brand to work with and offer to their clients - do you also use the same products in your own skincare routine? If not, can I ask why?

For example, I am looking around for a skincare company to use when I set up on my own later in the year, but I will be trying things out on myself first and whether or not the product works for me will, I asusme, play a large part in my descision.

(And of course I'm being nosey!) :lol:

Yes I do I use Environ skincare and Jane Iredale makeup, as well as Creative mani and pedi systems.

To be honest I do not use something in the salon that I wouldn't use on myself.

yes i am always my own guinea pig :lol:

Absolutely. Whats the point of selling a brand if you dont use it yourself?

When looking for a brand you have to try them out first.

Afterall, when you come to sell it and it did wonders for you - you can tell it like it is - without over inflating claims and confidence.

I don't because i use Clarins.I have always used clarins and i love it i have tried lots and lots of other skincare but i always go back its just what suits me.
I do not use clarins on clients as i am a very small business so i would never be able to purchase it.
I use Eve Taylor on clients as it is essential oil based and it compliments my business,i practise aromatherapy.Facials are actually a very small part of business and i dont stock for retail.
I like Eve Taylor but for my own use i prefer Clarins.

If you don't believe in something it is very hard (and dishonest) to sell it to others on merits that are false.

I use everything I sell.

Nimue and Academie skin care and Creative for everything nails.

I know they do what is promised 'on the tin'.

I am Dermalogica certified and that is what we sell in the salon.. and that is absolutely what I use on my skin. Like Geeg said, if you don't believe in the product, it makes it very difficult to sell it.

I use what I work with as well. If it's not good enough for my sensitive skin, I wouldn't use it on anyone else's! I swear by Guinot.

Yep - I chose to stock products that I love and would use myself. I use the Matis skincare products and have found them fantastic. As others have said - it is difficult to promote products that you don't genuinely have a passion for.

I am my own guinea pig too,like Gigi said i would NEVER sell something to someone if i did not believe in it and have never used it myself.
Having the passion and drive in a brand is SO important and you will go far.
Your clients will trust you Pure.
DONT invest in something that is just because its popular aswell.
Have your own usp.
For me beauty is like an addiction,but a GOOD one!
Know your goals and keep within your limits.
im always on the lookout for something innovative,creative,holistic,hands on and results driven.
The brands i stock at present cover some of these but i have some lacking thats why im on the lookout at present.
Why only today i saw the manager at Yon ka which is French(of course!:green: )
to discuss the company and had a skincare treatment with the trainer.
I have not made up my mind yet,as i have seen several French companies,and want to take a French company with me when i open another salon in the south of France,near Perpignan.
I was actually quite blown away with the treatment i had and was amazed at the percentages of actiivitiesw in the ingredients.

I had an aha treatment which was VERY active,so active mt face was tingling very much,but hey i want to bring in treatments that are effective not offer me "fluff and puff",as some do.

Always remember Pure,weigh up the pros and cons,but have the drive and passion.
Believe me its what THAT is that pays off.
:)

Yes I do although I don't use my skincare products yet (apart from when I've done myself a facial). I'm using up my neutragena products which I have been using for the last 2 years, so as soon as its gone I'll be using Pridara, same as my treatment room.

Latest posts

Back