Does anybody else dislike the new crackle polishes?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katelisa

Reaction score
Call me a polish purist, but I think they're awful!! They just look scruffy to me lol. x

I have got them in the salon, but like you, dont like them. I think they look like something's gone wrong:eek:

I dont like it but it does amaze me.Little things please little minds i guess.

same here - paid over the odds for black crackle and have used it once!!

I'm only a beginner in nails. My first reaction was they were more winter appropriate, as I think they give quite a Gothic-like effect on top of reds/greens. I actually think they look great in that context.

I'm only a beginner in nails. My first reaction was they were more winter appropriate, as I think they give quite a Gothic-like effect on top of reds/greens. I actually think they look great in that context.

Thats probably about right actually.They were really hard to get this winter, now supplies are fine they are not good for summer as everyone wants brights, they will probably come into their own October for Halloween and onwards and of course now there are a lot more colours other than the black that started it all.

Nope! Don't like them at all, they just look like chipped polish!

Yeah I can imagine a black and silver would look very gothic. It's just that 'rough edge' look, I like things to look smooth and polished. ...and what's even worse, is that none pro's don't often use top coat on them!! Argh!!!

Nope! Don't like them at all, they just look like chipped polish!

Oh my god I 1000% agree! Lol cannot see the attraction!

I call them cackle polishes cos I think they look cack!

They remind me of that distressed furniture look. Each to their own but I think they look awful.

They remind me of that distressed furniture look. Each to their own but I think they look awful.
Exactly !! :biggrin: And whenever I see furniture like that I just want to rub it down and get a good lick of paint on it.

I think the polish looks shabby in the extreme. But we have it and we use it occasionally if someone wants it. Not my personal thing at all. Gotta go with the flow.

Katelisa, thank you for starting this thread. I really dislike the shatter polishes. I love the look of a beautifully finished nail. The shatter effect has the appearance of nails in desperate need of maintenance.

Latest posts

Back