Does anybody else get this feeling??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Morning,sorry had problems naming this thread , but this has happened to me several times and I cant understand why ????

Does anybody else sometimes do a set of nails and walk away not happy with them,maybe because youve had a busy day and its your last set , or if your like myself mobile and in a noisy/nightmare house sometimes you dont perform as you normally would, and go home dissapointed in your self and keep your fingers crossed they will be ok??

And then two weeks later you go back to do infills and look at the nails and think ...wow did I do those ?? what was I worrying about they look absolutly fine.

The reason I ask this , for example I done my sis inlaws nails at home when we had that really hot spell , so the wether was causing problems and plus my daughter was beeing a right pain,so I was feeling a bit stressed ,and when my sis inlaw went I said to my hubby Im not happy with those nails I done on her Im sure she ll have problems.:confused:

Now yesterday I saw her this is 4 weeks after ,I didnt say anything about her nails but I looked down at her hands and thought..huh,shes obviously got her nails done somewhere else since last time I see her as they didnt look like the ones I remembered leaving her with.I then looked at her feet..lol like you do, and said jokingly ..oh you could do with a pedicure, she then held her hands out at said, heh Ive still got all my nails on you done :eek:. I was like what I done those and I thought it was somebody eles work!

This is not the first time this has happened to me, and I was just wondering if anybody else gets this, and is it because your feeling tired or stressed that you feel you havent done your best when really you have?? orr is a perfectionist thing:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I do it all the time and then when I see them again I often think what was I worrying about but I think I'm very over critical so I'm never happy with them anyway x

Hiya

I get that feeling all the time so your not alone:hug: Im still learning & always get that dreaded feeling that the work you have done is not good enough but when you see them again for a rebal your shocked that they look great lol. This is called self doubt & is a good thing really it shows that you care about the quality of your work & your clients

xx

Hiya

I get that feeling all the time so your not alone:hug: Im still learning & always get that dreaded feeling that the work you have done is not good enough but when you see them again for a rebal your shocked that they look great lol. This is called self doubt & is a good thing really it shows that you care about the quality of your work & your clients

xx
:) Yes self doubt could be what I m looking for.

It has certainly happened to me. I think it happens to any artist.

I don't ever doubt my ability to do a good job, but sometimes when you have been working all day or your concentration is tested ... you just don't see anymore what you have done with a non critical eye; you tend to 'pick holes' in everything.

I may not always do the 'perfect' set of nails, but I ALWAYS DO A GOOD SET OF NAILS which any client would be happy to have and to pay for. I never expect any problems from my work. It is only from an aesthetic point of view that I am sometimes disappointed (the client never seems to be thank goodness).

I'm glad you said this as this happens to me now and again, then like you said the customer will come back and you will be amazed how fantastic they look.

I think i tend to do this if i've got a mad busy day where i literally have no time inbetween customers to just calm down for five minutes, spending all day looking at nails at close proximity you see loads of faults in your work, i cqarry on filing away for much to long as i'm convinced they don't look as they should then I tell myself to stop, as they actually look fine!

Its worse sometimes if the customer comes in and states they have to leave in exactly 56 minutes for a REALLY IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT (going to supermarket or meeting up for a wine with pals more like!) and they tend to be clock watching, this drives me mad as i start to get really stressed, going hell for leather to get them out on time and all they while they are sighing and fidgeting going on about the time. THEN i start panicking that I haven't done my best work and getting really stressed.

Why do they do this? Rush you from start to finish when they really shouldn't arrange to do something immediately after their nails appointment!

What gets me most of all is when they again rush you, clock watch, moan and sigh that they have to be elsewhere - you kill yourself getting the treatment done at top speed THEN just as you are about to gloss up they ask for a handpainted design with 678 gems which will take further time!

I give up (but i do love my customers!)

Yes! I think it is a lot to do with the fact that we see everything in minute detail! We have each finger inches away from our eyes so we see every single thing that we think we could have done better! I know when my clients get up at the end now I always look again, at a distance, to see what I think. I love bumping into them in town or whatever, that way you get a real first impression of the nails!

I think we all feel like this and this is what keeps us sharp as we strive for the perfect set! :)

Yup.Happend to me 6 wks ago, did a set of gel nno and I wasn't particulary happy with them even though I couldn't pin point exactly why:rolleyes:.
Any way as the weeks went on and didn't hear anything from the client, I thought that's someone that won't coming back.
Yestarday, the same client was booked in for a rebal and i hadn't realised it was her until she walked through the door...nail perfect, no lift, no chips, nothing and the smile lines were nothing like I rememberd them.
I was sooo happy and amazed :lol:...it's a great confidence booster.
Sometimes I do think we're a little bit hard on our selfs.
:hug:

I defenitly have this aswell! It´s mostley by the end of the day or certain days that i am really critical towards myself in a way that i expect too much of myself for the time that i am given + after allready doing 6 customers my focus going a bit downhill. Then i get disapointed in myself that they don´t look like what i imagened the outcome to be. And then when they come back i can think, what the heck was i so worried about?

thats what make you good! if you didnt think like this then you would never improve!

Yup.Happend to me 6 wks ago, did a set of gel nno and I wasn't particulary happy with them even though I couldn't pin point exactly why:rolleyes:.
Any way as the weeks went on and didn't hear anything from the client, I thought that's someone that won't coming back.
Yestarday, the same client was booked in for a rebal and i hadn't realised it was her until she walked through the door...nail perfect, no lift, no chips, nothing and the smile lines were nothing like I rememberd them.
I was sooo happy and amazed :lol:...it's a great confidence booster.
Sometimes I do think we're a little bit hard on our selfs.
:hug:

Fantastic replies thanks , glad its not jut me lol..most definatly it does give you a confidence boost , espically when I thought my sis in law had been to someone else and she hadnt ..they were my nails that Id produced and not somebody elses like I thought and that was after 4 weeks.:lol::lol:

I love this post :) ,,I am sooo criticall off mysely, and sometimes find myself thinking ohh, I am not happy with them, and want to ring client next day and ask if nails okay, but too scared,,iygwim. I always tell my clients ring me if any probs within next 3 days, ie lifting etc.

I done my step daughters nails 5 months ago (when I first qualified and started sculpting) she has had same set on still, (obv, reg re balance,,FREE ha ha) but I am really shocked sometimes I look at them and think 'wow did I really do them' no lifting since day one. It makes me realise to an untrained eye they don't see the things we do .

Kate xxx

Latest posts

Back