Does anyone else get bored easily?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
Just wanting to know if there are other Geeks out there who redo their nails a couple of times a week? I cannot keep my Shellac, Gelish or Gelcolor on for 2 weeks! Of course, it's not because it's peeling, chipping etc., I just get bored of it! I hope I'm not the only one!

I'm the same. I stopped designing my nails (when they are standard length) and I just use polish and simple nail art because I change how they look almost every week.

I dont think I have had matching hands for at least 2 years! I keep my left simple with white holographic glitter tips (but at the moment I have french shellac which took me an hour left handed!)
My left hand is sporting shellac & mani q glitter fade - I'm always trialing products for durablitly etc.
:lol:

Yes Same Here!! :eek:

You're def not alone,I keep mine done for a week and i'm sooo ready to change them,thats funny that you posted this,cause i was just looking at mine cringing and def plan on changing them up tomorrow :D

Ha I was just thinking this! I thought maybe I'll just polish for a while as I get so bored! Don't get wrong I love what I do with my nails but I just keep coming up with new ideas lol x

Hi geeks

I change mine at the very least 2 weeks.

I feel if my nails don't look good, then clients will think, if she can't look after her nails, how will she look after ours!!

Great source of advertising as well.
When I do different designs I always
get compliments, and it starts off conversations and then I tell them I'm qualified and opening my salon.

I wouldn't say I get bored easy, but I do get very excited with Nails, art and effects and it gets my artistic juices flowing, (so to speak). So with that said, I do begrudgingly sometimes remove my perfect Shellac, because I am so keen to do something new!

I have to say that the incredibly talented artists on here are my inspiration and because the possibilities are endless....I'll keep doing it until in carted off into a home lol!

i do get bored and i love to try out new things but i also want to show my clients and prospective new clients the longetivity of my shellac so i try to at least keep it on for 2 weeks (or maybe a week and half!).....whatever i have on my nails clients seem to want!

It must be an age thing .. Or that many of you are new to nails and still keen.

I go as long as I can stand it between re-dos as .... after 25 years ... I am OVER doing my nails often. First it does not do your natural nails any good at all to be doing them so frequently and secondly I do not have the time nor the inclination to sit and spend time on my nails. I keep them short, neat, tidy and Shellacked most of the time but I can also go for weeks with nothing on my nails at all ... I'm all for an easy life.

And as far as nail art goes ... I would never wear it unless forced to. :biggrin: I don't need the attention, and unless it is the most simple and classy design I would hate it after 24 hours.

Hats off to you all - I only wish I knew where you all find the time! The only time I can find to do my own nails seems to be late at night or in the early hours of the morning, zzzz... :s

I "refresh" mine when it starts to look tatty. My natural nails aren't really suitable for Shellac... they are bendy so it chips fairly easily on me, so if I get a chipped edge I put some nail art on them (e.g. I'm wearing white holo rockstars right now and by Thursday the index finger and thumb on each hand will have chipped a little, so I'm going to paint Blackpool Shellac over them and carve out a design for a peekaboo effect. Healthy for nails and not a waste of my product)!

xxx

I would love to change mine every other day but the Scrooge in me is saying stop it's money.
Unless I've damaged a nail I keep it to every two weeks. This way my regulars still see a different set on me each time :)
Vicki x

I wouldn't say I get bored easy, but I do get very excited with Nails, art and effects and it gets my artistic juices flowing, (so to speak). So with that said, I do begrudgingly sometimes remove my perfect Shellac, because I am so keen to do something new!

I have to say that the incredibly talented artists on here are my inspiration and because the possibilities are endless....I'll keep doing it until in carted off into a home lol!

Yep you put that much better than me! Not bored just creative! X

I'm the same, done my nails on Friday & I'm already wanting to change them :-( x

I always fancy a change about a week after I have done my nails but my kids keep me so busy I get chance about every 2 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more... like verdepurdy I like to update what I have on to if I can :)

I do think it is a great advertisement to have lush nails... I have got a lot of clients from them noticing my own so I do try to keep on top of them if time allow ;)

Latest posts

Back