Does Brisa lamp cure all?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natasha3

Reaction score
hey :)

I have been thinking about getting the brisa lamp and I was just wondering if it cures all/most gels or just shellac?

the Brisa lamp is designed to cure brisa and shellac but I think it does cure other gels too. The general advice though is to buy the lamp that is designed to cure the specific gels that you use to get a complete and thorough cure. I'm sure I read an article somewhere by Doug Schoon regarding this but can't remember where, maybe some other geeks can point you in the right direction. :)

Do you mean the CND lamp which cures Shellac and Brisa? The older Brisa lamps have been discontinued although they still will cure both but they are a 4 finger and thumb lamp, unlike the new CND lamp which is a 5 finger cure.

I have 2 and they cure my Gelish perfectly as it can be cured in any 36 watt lamp.

When I spoke to bio sculpture about a conversion course they said I could use my cnd lamp for their gels x

Oh i see!! Thanks for letting me know!! Do you know the around about cost for one?! x

the Brisa lamp is designed to cure brisa and shellac but I think it does cure other gels too. The general advice though is to buy the lamp that is designed to cure the specific gels that you use to get a complete and thorough cure. I'm sure I read an article somewhere by Doug Schoon regarding this but can't remember where, maybe some other geeks can point you in the right direction. :)

Some, many, most gels cure with any lamp that draws 36 watts in which case, The CND UV Lamp draws 36 watts and according to manufacturers, will cure any gel that requires 4 x 9 watt bulbs. So good news for you.

Oh i see!! Thanks for letting me know!! Do you know the around about cost for one?! x

No Trade prices allowed on the forums...have PM'd you ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone :) Big help! :) x

I have 2 CND lamps, and love them...

I am doing a conversion with Bio... Since I'm a massive believer in using every system as they should, I ought a Bio lamp, BUT soooo prefer CND lamps for ease ect...

Is there anyone using Bio with a CND lamp?

What's your thoughts?

Thanks Geeks x

I am doing a conversion with Bio... Since I'm a massive believer in using every system as they should, I ought a Bio lamp, BUT soooo prefer CND lamps for ease ect...

What's your thoughts?

Thanks Geeks x

I done bio and bought there lamp but wish I'd been on this site first as would of got the CND one, seems that works for most of them and great reviews, will be my next investment when things pick up along with shellac and I can't wait :) x x

What's your thoughts?

Thanks Geeks x

I use shellac and bio and have always used both lamps because I also strongly believe in using the right system. After reading on here that bio have said it's ok to use the cnd lamp I have recently started to. Absolutely no problems so far. The cnd lamps 5 finger cure has spoilt me so hate using a 4 finger cure lamp now!

I use shellac and bio and have always used both lamps because I also strongly believe in using the right system. After reading on here that bio have said it's ok to use the cnd lamp I have recently started to. Absolutely no problems so far. The cnd lamps 5 finger cure has spoilt me so hate using a 4 finger cure lamp now!

Oh, I'm the same, but I will try, I have training this month, so I will take Bio lamp as wel as my CND and see how we get on, thanks, and I will keep you posted x

Hello!

Iv'e been trying to live chat with SS but had no luck so thought i'd ask you guys!!

I have a Brisa lamp which I bought in 2006 (4 finger) when I did the course that is in great condition. I know they don't sell them anymore but can I still buy the bulbs for them?? And if yes can I use it to cure Shellac??

Many thanks xx

Hello!

Iv'e been trying to live chat with SS but had no luck so thought i'd ask you guys!!

I have a Brisa lamp which I bought in 2006 (4 finger) when I did the course that is in great condition. I know they don't sell them anymore but can I still buy the bulbs for them?? And if yes can I use it to cure Shellac??

Many thanks xx
Yes and yes! :green: But you should save up for the 5 finger cure CND UV lamp too. Quicker, more durable and all around stellar lamp.

Yes and yes! :green: But you should save up for the 5 finger cure CND UV lamp too. Quicker, more durable and all around stellar lamp.

Thank you so much for the advice!! :hug:
I soooo want the new lamp but I am opening a new salon in Jan and it's costing a small fortune to fit out so using my old (but still fab) Brisa lamp until I have saved will be a godsend!! Thanks again..you have made my day x

Best of luck in your new salon!! :hug:

Even in this WFC our salon business is 20% up this year and that growth has been in natural nail services with Shellac! Enhancements have stayed steadily the same with CND L&P Retention Plus leading the way followed by CND Brisa gel.
Retail sales up also on last year.

All good news for your business. :green:

Latest posts

Back