Does tint lift over old tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally myself if I had a situation like that I would stay with the client even if it meant me working a few hours extra.
I know youd think after her going to him for 15 yrs and the fact it was her wedding a wk later he would stay and make sure it was great, apparently one of his junors had said he wasnt ordering anymore stock and cutting back due to the credit crunch so maybe he used any old thing ahh!

:)

Hi, nee nee you need to try and uncomplicate it all :hug:

but this would take time
would you be willing to try growing your hair back to its natural base colour,

(which would be an ideal natural base for adding cool bleached highlights )

a good hairdresser can then just foil the roots only

and this is all your hair should need for the cool blonde look you want

and with no orangey tones at all ,:hug:

Hi everyone thought id give you an up date

Well I went for a strand test and he didnt want to do it, i had to sit there and really push to have it done, he said he couldnt cut a strand from my hair as would have to take too much which would show???

After he made me feel like i was asking for too much he kept saying to just trust him and just let him do the full colour! but i kept remembering your advice and said i still felt i needed the strand test. After finally persuading him, he then did a strand test but IN MY HAIR and did not cut out the strand of hair?

I was then left to go home and wash it out after 40 mins and boy was i worried.

I washed it after 40 mins and its golden :irked: He said to me the tint he uses which is called (Alphapaf from milan or something???) could achieve any colour i wanted, so i showed him my clip in hair extensions which i love(as they are a cleaner whiter blonde with a lovely darker ash type brown, which makes the colour look natural) he said no problem and mixed a colour 1010ss or something, and he did the strand test in my hair. Beforehand I showed him the colour on my clip in hair extensions and discussed it so no confusion there, or so i thought?

Well it turned out a dark golden colour, I said to him id read somewhere(didnt want to say i took advice of other hairdressers) that tint wont lift tint and tint can possibly only lift to 5 shades or so and he said rubbish! he could lift my hair to a white blonde with the tint, BUT he didnt!:rolleyes:

Im so glad I took your advice as I would now be walking round with Ginger hair ahh (I have a ginger niece so i can say that lol only joking:smack:)

Iv decided to go back to my hairdresser of 1 year and see if she can lift it lighter, if i asked her to do the following:

leave the 6 % bleach on longer so the blonde is a tad whiter,.

and then use a darker colour which has no warmth in it maybe with a little ash in it so when it fades (which it always does after a couple of wks) it would fade to a flatter colour rather that a golden blonde from a brown. What do you all reckon??

I do like the way she puts them in etc(nice and fine) I just want it slightly cleaner and brighter without looking like a bleached head lol,

and i just dont want to be going round different hairdressers all the time, as i use to have the same hairdresser for years:irked:

By the way she uses WELLA and the brown i think is 5.7/7 or a 6.7 one is a dark choc bron which leaves may way to dark, the other fades to a golden blonde.

Cheers everyone you give out sound advice for sure, and have saved me from a hairdressing nightmare:):hug:

ive used 6/7 before because it is safe to go over bleach with without going green , however ,if your hair is prone to going golden or gold to start it does fade to a cheap sandpit sand colour! when ive used 6.3 (gold but less warm),ive found the colour too flat . so you could ask her to use the same colour but maybe add a little base or ash mix to the 6.7 , so its not as warm but still has enough to discourage any khaki tones

Last edited:
Hi, so he didnt get it light enough with the tint he was going to use
as promised ?
none of us thought it would but it was raelly interesting to read your thread

unless he added a touch of bleach
or used something like a maji meche which is lovely too

well never mind its a good job you insisted on the test piece :)

I think the only way to get the clean tones you want is to use a little bleach
you can talk over the prospect of leaving it on a little longer with your hairdresser as
it may help to have brighter highlights in your hair because when the lowlights fade a little they wont look as golden against the lighter cool blonde bits

As for the ash
when lowlights are added with bleached hair
there may be a few bits of bleached hair picked up with them
(which really cannot be helped )
ash tones on lighter bits can grab more easily or go dark or kahki
this is why she she may be reluctant to use the more ashen tones
hope this made sense :hug: x minky

Ps, I could only find this link about the Alfaparf Milano hair color
seems pretty elusive ,

ALFAPARF HAIR COLOR, AUSTIN

Latest posts

Back