Dog lovers-we could be pregnant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks...
No I didn't and knew where you were coming from.. I agree too.
There are so many posts that end up being tit for tat instead of people reading them properly and understanding the opinions given.. Prob due to my age and experience lol ..
20yrs ago I would've reacted in a strop! Even though there would be no need.
As a dog lover how can concern for them be taken wrong😀

Totally agree I'm very good NOW at seeing the other side but not years ago I would have bitten back.Age does some scary things to you lol. :)

I have "Dog Envy" ;) Makes me miss my friend even more {goes away with tears in eyes} ........

Happy New Years to your fur babies & you all of course!!

Scan at 6pm tomorrow x

How exciting . . . . hope all goes brilliantly this time for you and your lovely doggie xx

We are !!! BUT, could only see 1 puppy 😩😧. For those of you that don't know bout breeding this can cause problems during whelping (birth), the pup could get too large and Lola will need a c-section....
Or the scan may not be accurate and she will need X-ray near the end to check further... This is the last time for my baby girl 😪

It's great Lola is pregnant, but sad there is only one, as you say it can cause problems & be very expensive too. Keep us informed with what happens.... I hope everything runs smoothly for her. :)

Well you know what this could be ur Lil miracle and if it were me I would keep the pup for myself keep it in the family as there is only 1.

Good luck and hope all goes well keep us updated.

Well you know what this could be ur Lil miracle and if it were me I would keep the pup for myself keep it in the family as there is only 1.

Good luck and hope all goes well keep us updated.

Oh yes !! No way we wouldn't keep 1 only!! Truly a miracle
Thank u xx

That is really cute mummy,daddy and baby and she will get to be a mummy forever lol.

Keep us updated XX

Just be prepared if you do keep it, they may fight when they become adolescent. My pup was just coming up to her first season and fought terribly with mum (so bad they had to be separated every few months for a week, even considered giving her up for adoption) but time, patience (and a cage) got them through it. With dogs they stop becoming mum just passed weaning so just be prepared for some dominance issues (may not happen but just saying from experience)

Just be prepared if you do keep it, they may fight when they become adolescent. My pup was just coming up to her first season and fought terribly with mum (so bad they had to be separated every few months for a week, even considered giving her up for adoption) but time, patience (and a cage) got them through it. With dogs they stop becoming mum just passed weaning so just be prepared for some dominance issues (may not happen but just saying from experience)

I agree but disagree lol.My friend has 4 dogs and a bitch and there is mum and dad and 1boy 1girl from the litter they had and they were fine didn't fight got on well and mum carried on being mum for years and years dad was fine to.But I do know of people that have had trouble with keeping members of a litter.

Yeah, hopefully that will be the case, just making them aware it could happen as its not pleasant, we have harmony again now :)

Thanks for that... I have never had experience of singleton whelp before ..

Just to be certain, she is booked for X-ray on thurs, I need to know if its one..I can't settle as I have to look after her and it changes with only carrying 1 pup.

I will also be seeking further advice as I know we could encounter major issues.
We won't be keeping the one now as close friends lost their mini schnauzer aged 5months on Boxing Day to a serious lung infection. It is a gift from us if all goes well, plus we can stay in touch and be involved in the pups life.

Will update after X-ray should be due 23rd jan xx

How lovely and selfless, it will be hard but very rewarding knowing its going to a loving home and you get the bonus of seeing it grow up. My pups homes were picked when they were only a few weeks old so I always felt I was looking after them until they went to their forever homes (except the girl we kept as I hand fed her and just couldn't bring myself to give her up), good luck, really hope it turns out ok 😌

X-ray at 10.30... Feeling nervous already!
They lady at the vets who is senior is coming in specially to do it, how lovely is that ... 🐾😬

How did it go XX

How did it go? x

Sorry first chance to update..
The bones are not calcified enough to check.. 😕 Which means she prob conceived 5 days after the mate..

Rebooked for 21st 10 days time... Or she may have reabsorbed it..
So the waiting continues and thanks for support, much appreciated 😀🐾 xx

I know! I get nervous when it goes quiet! I feel like we're birthing partners! 😓

Lol I know I think we should adopt ourselves as cyber birthing partners lol x

Latest posts

Back