Doing Minx on a child??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi

A client of mine has had pink cheetah nails done, loves them and has asked me to do her 6 year old daughter's nails the same.

I'm not sure about this, so thought I'd ask opinions on here please?

I don't see any problem with doing Minx on a child. I just refuse enhancements on children myself as they need looking after and can cause damage if mistreated.

i may come up for some stick here but i really don't see a problem with it... wee girls always want to have their fingers painted and its not like its red stiletto enhancements shes after... i was once told by my boss to do a full body spray tan on a 10yr old girl who had come in with her 14yr old cousin which i thought was obscene and obviously refused to do but i think this is just a harmless, innocent bit of fun x

I must admit after much thought I minxed my 4 year old for her birthday - with the black and white polka dot - so its wasnt too grown up a design - they only lasted til that night as she picked them off so no more minx! Prob is everyone in her nursery has there nails painted so I have given in now and started painting hers which I thought I would never do!

I don't see any issue in children having minx as well. I minxed my 4 year old daughter's fingers at christmas----she loved it and I must confess it stayed on for 4-5 days. There's no chemical or products enhanced on her nails so I think its fine even much better than a polish.

I minx my 2 1/2 yr old because she loves it, just from the bits i have left, i wouldnt ever do anything else such as lashes or enhancments on her, i wont even let her have her ears pierced. a bit of nail polish of minx is not so bad, plus all her nursery teachers want theirs doing now. Im not doing her to advertise just because she wont leave me alone til i have done hers. x

I minx my lil girl too and she is only 6, but you just have to tell her that they may not last as long on her daughter as they tend to pick and scrape their feet about, I use the spares I get left with for the little girls and charge a little less. hth. xx

I'm getting my wee cousin Minxed for her graduation from primary school (she is 12) as a treat for her. :)

Isn't this a bit dangerous? What happens if they chew them off and they choke?

Isn't this a bit dangerous? What happens if they chew them off and they choke?

The size of the Minx pieces are tiny on a child's nails, hardly a choking hazard..... If the child obviously bites their nails then they aren't the ones that will want Minxing anyway......

IMO not 'dangerous' at all.

I'm not sure I would do them on anyone under the age of 6 (but then I dont have a daughter of that age or I may feel differently). I did them for an 8yr old but on her feet, it was fiddly as her nails were so small (as are her mothers) and they only lasted until the following day. I personally wouldnt get into the habit of doing them in the salon (we're called The Retreat for a reason lol) and I only did these for the daughter of one of my therapists as a birthday gift.

I don't see the problem myself really, as long as the parents are fine with it xx

Its for her toes not fingers, she's six and her mum would keep a good eye on her I'm sure x

I am doing a friends 6 and a half year old for the school holidays (on her toes) Not sure i would do her fingers though. but i see nothing wrong with toes.

How much would you all charge to do a child a set of minx if you only use the off cuts??

I'd never even thought about children and minx especially as you can use the off cuts it wouldn't really cost as much.

I did a few of my Daughters finger nails for her 6th birthday,
xxclairexx-albums-my+life+....-picture26470-fun-minx-me-my-lil-girl-xx.jpg

and they looked fab, we took them off about 6 days later as she had school... I didnt do her thumbs as she sucks them... but to be fair eating toast could be considered a choking hazzard, as long as you know the child and the parent I cant see the problem, Toes are better than fingers tho on the wee ones...

xx

I Have minxed my younger cousin and she was quite young although they only lasted a few days i think minx is so much better for younger nails then polish, plus she absolutley adored them! :)

I minx'd my 6 year old niece. She loved them.

ive minxed my 8 year old hundreds of times she just loves it!! as do her friends plus you can use all of those leftover bits from the cut offs and maximise your profits from just one strip of minx:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back