Doing nails with Asthma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linni

Reaction score
Hey all, hope i can get some advice please.. iv just been told that i have asthma and have been ill for a week and still am ill..:cry: the thing is i have been told that i need to wear a face mask now when doing nails, and just havent got a clue on which ones i need to get to protect myself... there are so many different ones out there on the market that im just confused.....:rolleyes: please, please, please someone help me...

Thanks everyone
lynn xxx:green:xxx

Hey all, hope i can get some advice please.. iv just been told that i have asthma and have been ill for a week and still am ill..:cry: the thing is i have been told that i need to wear a face mask now when doing nails, and just havent got a clue on which ones i need to get to protect myself... there are so many different ones out there on the market that im just confused.....:rolleyes: please, please, please someone help me...

Thanks everyone
lynn xxx:green:xxx

what you NEED are the techniques to minimize dust and a good extraction ventilation system.

I have had asthma for years (half the world has asthma) and done nails forever without wearing a mask or having any ill effects. Why? Because I minimize the dust always. I use the right techniques and have always worked with a good dust extraction system.

I have asthma and have been doing beauty treatments and nails for over 8 years. Some things do make me chesty but as long as I have my inhaler I'm fine. I always make sure that there is a window open in my room when doing nails and the blinds are fully open. Always make sure you have your inhaler to hand. I found that doing a spray tan made me chesty as well for a while after even wearing a mask but after a few puffs of the good old inhaler I was fine.
I depends how bad your asthma is and mine is bad I'm on steriods at least once a year, it's mainly bad in the winter and it's not the treatments that affect it but stress meanly and the time of year everyone is different.
If it's not affecting your work and your being carefully U'll be ok

As Gigi said, minimise all risks by using good techniques and ventilation and you should be ok. My asthma have never once been triggered by doing nails.

Do you ventilate adequately already?

Hello I have asthma to and have never found it a problem, I have an air filter on the floor at the side of my table directly underneath where the acrylic is, I have an air globe which I have oils for helping with the air, I have my tabletop extraction, I have an outside extractor fan and I have my window open on the first lock iykwim and use a metal bin and scubfresh on a pad, wow didn't realize I used so many things lol :)

Last edited:
I have asthma too and do not find this to be a problem (for me anyway) =)

Do the doctors think that your doing nails have triggered off the asthma or did you have it before but it wasn't diagnosed.
Many people who have asthma work with no problem but if it is the trigger then this will obviously be more of a problem and it may be a case of changing systems as well as all the other precautions.
Maybe a system with no dust and little vapour, like bio or calgel would be a good future choice for you.

Latest posts

Back