Doing school Christmas fayre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsugar

Reaction score
Doing school fayre in December I always do filing and painting of nails for children and also the mums at them.
Now I've done my gelish course I'd like to promote it at the fayre.Obviously I will still do normal polish at the fayre as I don't get paid (just for the school to make money)and it's cheaper/quicker but would like to get some new gelish clients out of it too! Other than having business cards any ideas? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Do your nails a couple of weeks before so you can show them how well it lasts

Have a chain of Nail Stix on your work station, with different colours & others with art on them. Having them visible alongside your business cards should do the trick... :)

People need to be able to see your work, so maybe you need a photograph album with pictures of hands that you have already worked on, so they can flip through the pages ... Thats what I carry around with my whilst mobile so if you havent got one already then nows the time to start one anyways ...

Also you could do some flyers with a special offer e.g. 20% or 10% off with this voucher type of thing x

way off the topic of your thread sorry but everytime i look at the heading i think it's about Doug Schoon.:D

Have a chain of Nail Stix on your work station, with different colours & others with art on them. Having them visible alongside your business cards should do the trick... :)

People need to be able to see your work, so maybe you need a photograph album with pictures of hands that you have already worked on, so they can flip through the pages ... Thats what I carry around with my whilst mobile so if you havent got one already then nows the time to start one anyways ...
That's a great idea. Show before and afters, after removal, regrowth and full range of colours and art. All in a little need album to carry around with you. Oh I'm steeling this idea. :lick: Thanks.

Good ideas! I'm going to do one too with princess paints for the girls and plenty of leaflets, cards and pics of my work available to show the mums!

Brilliant ideas thanks everyone :) definitely going to do colour pops and photos and money off if they book that night...actually I'm going to do all your ideas!;) x

I have always steered clear away from special offers, because ladies end up not coming for treatments until your running an offer. The only offers I will consider are ones if an existing client recommends a friend.... Value your services, never give offers because it won't do your business any good in the long run...

I'm doing a couple of these events and have run up some vouchers for £15 instead of £20 for shellac treatments valid for January

way off the topic of your thread sorry but everytime i look at the heading i think it's about Doug Schoon.:D

That's sooo funny.. I read it as that too :) x

I have done a few events and the Organiser has had appointment slots with clients lined up for me.
I offer Shellac at a special one off price (on the night) and it is a great way of showcasing your work and what it is you actually do during a treatment.
You alway get a lot of onlookers who are able to ask questions while you work.

Random but now I'm laughing was trying to link the doug schoon webinar on another thread and did a search on his name and this thread was top lol

Who is Doug schoon??!

Thanks for all your replies everyone!:)

Doug Schoon is a Chemist that worked with CND for many years and has some incredible books that he has written about nail structure and product chemistry! Every Nail Tech should own a copy! Back to your topic at hand have you thought of doing only one of their nails with a gel polish color that coordinates with 9 other regular polished nails or maybe do the gel polish nail in a different color as a party nail. Your excitement about the product will also help you out!:D

That was all I saw too!!! how funny :D

Not sure if this is worth a try, On the Mum's do just one finger with the polish you use and ask them to see how it lasts :D I did this once with a client I was trying to get to go from normal polish to Shellac.
I matched a opi polish as near a colour as I could to my shellac. I did the little fingers with shellac the rest with OPI (Do it as a normal shellac service then all the opi fingers dry in the lamp too), she always has shellac now :D

Latest posts

Back