Double spraying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Good Evening fellow Geeks,

Please can you give me your reviews on double spraying a client (ie doing one coat then spraying again straight after)

I currently use LA Tan :)

Thanks x xx

My girls do that sometimes with st tropez, they come out so dark afterwards. The only issue is that the drying time is extended a little bit by doing a second coat. It's great for those clients who want a really dark tan or those who don't tan very well.

Hi, in theory it shouldn't make any difference - but in practice I find it does make the tan darker. The only problem that i find is that because you are over spraying, the tan will not last or fade as well as it normally does, but as long as the client is aware of this it should be fine. You can just give them the choice.
Hope that helps xxx

The guide colour will come out darker but it will make no difference to the developed tan.
If you spray someone with a 10% solution, they have a 10% reaction. By spraying them again, they are still going to get a 10% reaction.
If spraying an area more than once makes the tan darker, then think of all the spots on the body where you overlap. If it made a difference you would look like a zebra-lol
Save your solution, it's a waste of money!

I know in theory it shouldn't work Ange, but it does. However the tan is not as good as one that you do the normal amount of spray on because you have oversprayed the body, so therefore fade off is poor etc. It is about finding the right balance and is definitely better to just use a higher dha than double spray (and better on your pocket too) xxx

I completely agree with you both. In theory it really shouldnt work and your comment about the zebra really made me think, but it does seem to work on some people.
I sprayed a friend of mine and she kept saying her feet weren't dark enough even though I told her they would be fine once developed, but she insisted so I re-sprayed her feet probably twice more and by the morning we couldnt stop laughing as they were so orange lol.

I do one spray, then when I turn gun down for hands and feet I go over the body again really just to make sure I have'nt missed any bits still only use 30-40 mls soloution thou xx

I always double spray because i was taught that it makes the tan much more even but,like sarah said above,i still only use 30-40mls per client

michelle xx

It's always worked with st tropez, two coats and leaving it on for a maximum of 24 hours will give you the darkest tan possible. If you don't want a dark tan, have one coat and take it off after 8 hours.

That was the way our staff's training involved and it works practically too. We used to get people rubbing their tan off when getting dressed and they'd panic as they thought they'd be patchy but they weren't so I understand Angelina's theory. However, some things just never make sense they just work.

i only ever do one coat, about 10 inches from the skin, i tried doubling up once and although the girl looked really dark on the day, the next day she looked exactly the same as if i had done her once

I had a fakebake spray on friday nite ( Double spray) I'm still lovely brown today. Defo was darker with double spray.
In the past I've worked with other brands with varying results.

I single or double spray depending on the client and what result they want

Emma x

Latest posts

Back