Double/triple punctuation, is it necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
The answer is, probably not.

I've noticed lots of you are duplicating, even triplicating punctuation marks such as ???? or !!!! or .... at the end of thread titles and sometimes within the texts of threads too. Even external smilies are now creeping onto the site :eek:

Next time you post though, ask yourself: does this really makes a difference to the question I am asking asking, the statement I am making, or it's going to mean I get far more replies than anyone else does to their thread?

Think carefully, and I believe you'll already have those answers.

Whilst we're on the the subject of punctuation though, please can I also ask you to remember that all sentences begin with capital letters, as do proper nouns/names LOL.

Thank you.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Music to my ears Noodle!
Lets hope your message doesn't fall on deaf ears though.

Delish

Reaction score
I don't think it really matters x
I don't really notice this stuff,
I put emoticons on my posts because i think it looks pretty and i like pretty things 🎀

KayaPapaya

Reaction score
I don't think it really matters x
I don't really notice this stuff,
I put emoticons on my posts because i think it looks pretty and i like pretty things 🎀
Completely disagree with you I'm afraid. At the end of the day this is a professional resource not Facebook or a 13 year old girls text message forum.

Nearlyme

Reaction score
Guilty as charged..

just me ;)

Leely

Reaction score
I probably have in the past.

Noted and taken on board.

Leely x

Precious2013

Reaction score
Don't really see why this really matters. As long as your not using text language and you can read it. If this is suppose to be a professional forum then why are there still rude comments, people attack others on threads, people afraid to ask anything because they'll get attacked etc. Maybe the forum should concentrate on improving the likes of this instead of capital letters and full stops.

Delish

Reaction score
Completely disagree with you I'm afraid. At the end of the day this is a professional resource not Facebook or a 13 year old girls text message forum.
just because its professional doesnt mean it cant be nice!

Delish

Reaction score
Don't really see why this really matters. As long as your not using text language and you can read it. If this is suppose to be a professional forum then why are there still rude comments, people attack others on threads, people afraid to ask anything because they'll get attacked etc. Maybe the forum should concentrate on improving the likes of this instead of capital letters and full stops.
I totally agree with you x

We are all commenting on someones OPINION
Which we all respect, so why cant people respect a different opinion x
We all have them and most are different x

Flying Beauty

Reaction score
Completely agreed.

If someone has so little in life to complain about, that they feel the need to start a thread like this, then they should spend more time giving thanks to The Lord and being grateful for the world they have managed to create for themselves and less time criticising others.

Really, Some people should get over themselves!!!!!! ;)

Love Thy Lashes

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I do this all the time. Doesn't affect people from understanding my question nor does it prevent people from replying. It's not offensive or rude like some posters on this site so i think that's what people need to focus on, not punctuation!

KayaPapaya

Reaction score
just because its professional doesnt mean it cant be nice!
By nice do you mean sticking superfluous flowers, love hearts and unecessary emoticons in every post?

Whilst we're at it, the use of an apostrophe wouldn't go amiss in certain sentences.

👍👍👍👍👍🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🐽🐽🐽😄😄😄😄😄💝

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Haha I see this is going to be 'one of those threads' ! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Why does it matter? If someone wants to use pretty hearts, flowers or whatever then they can, it doesn't physically harm anyone, and it also does not affect anyone's lives, it's a bit of fun....I shall carry on doing it!!!!!!!! 😉🎀💕💋💜

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
Haha I am the exclamation mark queen!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I love my emoticons :biggrin::Love::Love:

Dol

Reaction score
Well I think if the mods ask us not to, then we shouldn't.
I'm sure it's in the site rules somewhere...

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I think this is really petty.
I don't think it's unprofessional at all. It shows that I am friendly and approachable and not some fuddy duddy :biggrin:

chazac

Reaction score
I have been using this site for a while, and generally dont post too much, but really some people are so up them selfs and high on power!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
Just because the OP is a moderator, it doesn't give her any right to tell us how to spell things/use punctuation. Fair enough, she has her opinion but aslong as the questions are readable & people can understand them, what does it matter if people use emoticons or like to add a few extra !'s in? This thread is ridiculous & this forum is getting a joke with people on their high horse. I shall be loggin out for good.

chazac

Reaction score
If we weren't allowed to use wee smiley faces why are they on the app!!. Does not say in the rules how we should write questions. It may not be Facebook but its a public forum with a variety of people who like to express them selfs and if that means adding a wee smiley at end of there question so be it. Your only a moderator you did not create this site so get off your high horse and let other be!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts