Double Wax Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm about to start my waxing course this weekend and have been looking at supplies I'll need to buy to start waxing. I've been looking at different wax pots and have been leaning towards buying a babyliss double wax heater - one side for strip wax and the other for hard wax. For the hard wax I've been looking at a brazillian wax which I can then use for brows, underarms etc as well. The strip wax for legs, arms, backs etc. I figured this being a compact system and could do full body waxing out of one double pot. Does anyone else use this system and how do you find it for practicality and ease of use? Any drawbacks to this idea? I'm also planning on using lycon brand waxes and lotions. This appears to be the brand of choice of all salons I've been to over the years. I appreciate your comments.

I have had two of those heaters & with both of them one side has stopped working. I've had two single heaters for about eight years, no problems. For the compactness (don't know if that's a word but it is now) & ease of use I love them. At the moment I'm debating what to do, as I use three waxes & currently only have two heaters going.

BTW I love Lycon products.

I prefer singles as if a double breaks, you're left without a heater.

we sell those and i dont remember ever getting one back

I use two large (1000cc) heaters in the salon for waxing as I do pretty much nothing else all day every day and prefer the convenience of the larger capacity, but I do use the Babyliss double heater at home for hard and soft wax.

It's a great little unit, warms quickly and it comes with removable inner buckets - this means you can either place the tins of wax directly into the unit or decant wax into the buckets themselves. Make sure you get the right size tins if you want to place them directly in the heater - the Lycon 500g tins should fit fine, but the 1kg size definitely won't. You can break the Lycon hard wax bricks directly into the removable bucket but I don't know if Babyliss actually sell spares, so be aware that you might be stuck with the 2 that come with the unit!

EDIT: I should point out, I'm referring to the small Babyliss double heater here, I just noticed they have introduced a larger professional size which I haven't had chance to play with. Hoping Jonathan can help us with some more info on this one!

HTHs :D

Andy x

Babyliss do sell replacement buckets... I have one :)

But they are not widely available for some reason. hth's

Babyliss do sell replacement buckets... I have one :)

But they are not widely available for some reason. hth's

Oooh, that's good to know Zoe - where did you get yours from? It's so much easier for me to carry the double heater with me when I train, so if I can get hold of some spare buckets that will be a massive bonus. xx

Andy, I think I got it from Sally in Woodley. I seem to remember they didn't have them in another Sally though :irked:

I will have a look for you next time I go there x

That's one of the things that's putting me off is the capacity but if they have a larger one that'd be better - ideally I'd prefer a 1kg capacity heater but didn't want to have to buy 2. Having a double heater would have been better for convenience for me if I'm mobile. I never thought of the problem of one side not working in a double heater.
Does anyone here just use hard wax only for all waxing? My sister's waxer only uses hard wax - will not use strip wax at all. She is always fully booked and takes weeks to get into. I've been to her several times over the years when visiting my sister to get legs, brows and underarms done and she only uses apricot blushing wax for everything. I was tossing up whether to do this as well so only needing one pot and one wax for everything.

That's one of the things that's putting me off is the capacity but if they have a larger one that'd be better - ideally I'd prefer a 1kg capacity heater but didn't want to have to buy 2. Having a double heater would have been better for convenience for me if I'm mobile. I never thought of the problem of one side not working in a double heater.
Does anyone here just use hard wax only for all waxing? My sister's waxer only uses hard wax - will not use strip wax at all. She is always fully booked and takes weeks to get into. I've been to her several times over the years when visiting my sister to get legs, brows and underarms done and she only uses apricot blushing wax for everything. I was tossing up whether to do this as well so only needing one pot and one wax for everything.

Wow, I'm amazed by this, but I'm under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that all waxing used to be done with hard wax? (In the olden days, lol) Is she a mature therapist, been practising a long time?

I have 'one' client for whom I hard wax her legs. Because for some reason the hair breaks off with warm wax :( But with my little Babyliss I get through pretty much a whole pot just on her half leg wax!

My sisters been going to her for about 10 years but she's not that old. Early to mid 30's. I'll have to ask my sister to ask her next time why she only uses hard wax and not strip wax.

Andy, I think I got it from Sally in Woodley. I seem to remember they didn't have them in another Sally though :irked:

I will have a look for you next time I go there x

You're a star, thank you :hug: x

A double heater will give you the flexibility of using both soft and hard wax, and is great if you are mobile. As Zoe said, all waxing used to be done with hard wax and the used wax was then reheated and strained to remove hairs and other bits, ready for use on the next customer! Ick! :eek:

Soft wax is a fairly recent invention (1970s, I think) but the new generation hard waxes are much nicer than the old stuff and give great results (and we no longer recycle it, lol). Unfortunately it also costs significantly more than soft wax and can take a little longer to use, so although it's nice to mix and match and there are some areas that I will only use hard wax on, if I used it for all areas of the body my prices would rocket!

Lycon is an Australian brand, however, so I suspect it may be less expensive for you to get hold of in Brisbane than it is for us in the UK :D Fair play to your sister's waxer - she obviously gets great results!

hi all i use the babyliss pro system its really great and cost effective to!
i havnt got the double system tho but it would be great for 2 different waxs if u use both alot . u can buy new inner pans from beauty xpress online! i also brought some of the lavander creme wax , mmmm smells lovely !

ps they also sell them in my sallys in bracknell town!! probably works out cheaper there if u have a sallys trade card!

All the salons I've been to over the years use Lycon so I know that their products are good - and being in Brisbane, the company warehouse is only about 1/2hr away.

Hi, I have the babyliss model and think it's great. I always use warm wax on legs and top lip and hot on bikini, underarm and brow. The double heater is so handy. I do have the large 1000cc pots but space wise the babyliss is great. The hot wax is more expensive and time consuming so I wouldn't use it on legs. HTH

Latest posts

Back