Dreaded Virus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
My son has just come down with this new virus, thats closing schools down in the Midlands. I can't believe how poorly he looks. He's only 6 and its really hard trying to tell him that he can't eat when he keeps saying he's hungry. I know on the news that they said it was a particularly nasty virus and without going in to details I now know what they mean! I just hope it does'nt last too long, I think they have said 2-4 days on the news. I phoned his school and they said that there were loads of kids off with it and were asking parents to wait 48 hours after the symptoms had disappeared before sending them back. Has anyone else had this and how long did it last for? I'm really worried he's only tiny as it is!

I hadn't heard of this one. I hope he gets better soon :hug:

These are for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
These are for your little boy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

IS this the flu like bug? It hit a school that one of my client's child goes to - 240 off with it and 20 teachers!

ahhh poor little thing!! hope he feels better soon!

it's all around leicestershire eek!!! flu like symptons with vomiting!!!

Think i'm going to put on a face mask now!!

xx

Sassy Hassy said:
IS this the flu like bug? It hit a school that one of my client's child goes to - 240 off with it and 20 teachers!

Yep, thats the one, like gastoenteritis, but with a sore throat and a raging temprature. Thanks for all the kind thoughts everybody !!

Hope he is so better :hug: My sister in law had it last week and some of this it lasted 10 days and she was so ill.

Lellipop said:
Hope he is so better :hug: My sister in law had it last week and some of this it lasted 10 days and she was so ill.

OMG, hope his does'nt last that long! He's asleep at the moment but I'm going to get him to sip lots of water when he wakes.

sorry have to ask this..is he being sick??

NAIL FRENZY said:
OMG, hope his does'nt last that long! He's asleep at the moment but I'm going to get him to sip lots of water when he wakes.

The thing is my sil is also pregnant so thats why I think it lasted so long.
Sure he will bounce back in a couple of days :hug:

funkyfingers10 said:
sorry have to ask this..is he being sick??

Yes, he has'nt stopped, he's got the other too, at the same time! (sorry, I know its gross!).

oh god that's my worst fear!! poor little thing! i always worry i'll get it!!

Is it flu or that e-coli bug they've had in Wales? All these lurgies! They spread like wild fire and you can't quite understand it when you're six.

ive had it since monday and have just got back from the doc and have caught a bacterial infection on top of it.

its been the pits, this week i was fully booked and have had to cancel all appointments what a drag.

im hopeing to get back to work on monday but ive never felt so ill

heres hoping that once the antibiotics kick in ill be feeling better

I'm presuming its the gastro flu virus as he has all the symptoms spoken about on the tele. If he gets any worse I will call the doctor. My 17 year old has just started vomiting as well! I think we all need to go in to quarintine!! I'm going to keep them all in, (I've got 4 lads), otherwise we'll be passing it around everywhere.

I know what people are saying about missing work aswell. I have to book it as holiday if I need to stay home, I wish they would put that system in where you can have time off to look after your kids without pay.

NAIL FRENZY said:
I'm presuming its the gastro flu virus as he has all the symptoms spoken about on the tele. If he gets any worse I will call the doctor. My 17 year old has just started vomiting as well! I think we all need to go in to quarintine!! I'm going to keep them all in, (I've got 4 lads), otherwise we'll be passing it around everywhere.

I know what people are saying about missing work aswell. I have to book it as holiday if I need to stay home, I wish they would put that system in where you can have time off to look after your kids without pay.
Sounds awful. Sorry for you all. Hang in there.

I think thats what I've got!!!!! I feel awful.

Anyhoo, hugs and kisses for him chic. xx

BLESS SENDING HIM A CUDDLE YOUR WAY:hug:

NAIL FRENZY said:

Sorry I thought you meant sickness only, All 4 of my children were ill for 9 days and after that it has taken them another week to get back to normal. Terrible headaches, sore throats, awful coughs and a raging temp. They wouldn't eat and I had to force them to drink. If he has this I feel very sorry for him x x

Chelsie had this when she was in hospital, they had to close the ward down until it was given the all clear. It is a particular nasty virus, but nothing to be worried about, should clear up within 3-4 days. Chelsie had this for 2 weeks however she was neutropenic at the time. Plenty of fluids is what they recommeded

Latest posts

Back