Dreams and hopes for 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread!

I want to expand my business on a professional front and on a personal front I am determined that my family an I are going to go on a 'proper' holiday as we haven't had one in 10 years :eek:

It'll be interesting to revive this thread in a year to see if people have done what they want :hug:

xx

I hope 2009 has some good things in store for me as 2008 was pretty cr*p.
I'm having the house decorated.
I'm hoping my eldest passes his A levels and decides whether he wants to go to Uni or join the Police.....and my middle son passes his exams at school and gets in college.
That all the family are healthy and happy.
That my decree absolute happens VERY soon:irked: hmmm ASAP
That my love life stays as good as it is now:):Grope:
That me and Ant have a brill time seeing Britney on our mini holiday to London.
And I want a holiday abroad!!!!
Not asking for much then eh?........:lol:

ERRRMMMM!

* I need to save £50,000 for the deposit for my Victorian House that I want
* Pay off my debts, theres not much but want rid
* Increase my client base in Manchester
* Finish my teaching
* Go to Lapland with the Kids
* Go back to Salsa
* Go back to a size 10
* Get Engaged (HINT HINT)
* To not turn 30................. Impossible one but I will try regardless!!
* Get a tummy tuck, nose job, boob job and lipo..............................
* Think positively about my looks so I don't need above and be grateful for my health.
* Learn to speak French so I can understand my kids

I think maybe thats all lol! I have been lazy the last 3 years so need to get back to it.

Kate xx

um............ stop smoking and get back to a size 10 also :D Really hoping to stop smoking i have been giving up for 7years now eeek :D

Oh yes and qualify as a Nail Technician!

gosh where do i start???

I want some peace this year, 2008 was a tough one in many ways and ended with hubbie losing his job just before xmas and my beloved grandad dying two days before xmas. he brought me up and i owe him so much. I miss him terribly.

SO this year Id like to finally

1. get my businesses off the ground
2. get my ex hubbie off the mortgage details
3. for my hubbie to find work
4. to lose my last 2 stone finally.
5. to accept my grandad is at peace.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, here goes...

(1) See Sonia get the operations she needs done in Wakefield.

(2) Tidy up the front bedroom, decorate it and turn it into a nice room for body painting and photo shoots.

(3) Get a recognised qualification in body painting, and offer body painting professionally (e.g. for photo shoots, fancy dress for parties, etc).

(4) Design a proper salon management software system.

(5) Make sure I get enough IT work to pay the bills. A contract extension or two would be nice.

Well the plan is ...

As I dont really smoke much at the moment, Im hoping to cut down and have maybe 1 or 2 a day if I feel I need to. Hopefully this will be for 2-3.

To join a diet class because it will push me to lose weight, and try to do about 1hour exercise each night on the wiifit lol while watchin the soaps or something. Hopefully after a few weeks I'll feel a bit healthier and the smoking will stop completley!

To be better with my money, I get paid ... and blow it on the same day :(

Also to complete and pass my 2nd year of hairdressing course at college which am half way through just now. Get a new placement in a salon for experience and try to be a bit more confident and have a more positive attitude :)

and ... and ... drive! lol have been taking lessons for what feels like forever and not getting anywhere :( hopefully will pass by the end of summer

Whether it goes 2 plan or not is a different story lol heres hoping!

Hope all yours go well 2 :D

well hopefully

To quit smoking
To quit drinking (alcohol that is)
To finish my hairdressing course
To finish my indian head massage course

I will leave it at that for now and see how i go.

Sorry, deleted my post

Last edited:
Hmmm after the year i've had i've decided that i'm giving myself a kick up the rear end and making 2009 my year.

1.starting with looking after number 1 (me)

2.get my home salon open again(health scare put it all on hold)

3.Get my Gel & Acrylic nail courses done

4.Get into university to train in OT(something else i've wanted to do)

On a Personal front

1.Stop getting stressed out and find inner calm

2.Stop getting angry all the time with the poeple in my life especially my husband(poor man has had to endure my rages often)be a calmer wife,mother and friend.

3. Keep in touch with my son more often

4.Think more positively than negatively

5.visit close friends more often

6.Move back to Scotland

This is a fab thread and I have goals of my own which I may add later, but I just want to add some advice to you all....... To achieve the goals you have set you need to plan how you will achieve them.

So, for example, you decide I will be a better wife/friend/mother in 2009 - what you need to work out is what you need to do to make that happen. So it may be you decide that you wont work weekends, or you and your partner will go out once a month together, or you will sit and talk to your children for 15 minutes after school every day...... Whatever it is you feel you want to do. Take every objective you have set (work or personal) and break it down into monthly actions.

But the key is to write a plan and keep an eye on it - be realistic and work towards it. So if you take objectives for your work life and your family life, break them down into actions and write down what you need to do each month. If you then do what you've planned each month you will achive your goal for the year. But if you aren't realistic you wont be able to achieve them - if you end up with 20 things to do every month you will be over-faced and give up.

Sorry this is longer than I planned, but I hope it gives you some help with achiveing your best year yet :hug:

i want to get into thearther work, find someone reliabel to work with me on my weddings ect and just to be happy and o have no one die on me this year. and to wish health and happiness to all.

My goals for 09 are:

• Lose weight/take care of me (for a change).
  • Keep practicing those dang smile lines.
  • Think of creative ways to attract and retain new customers.
  • To pray more.
  • To make 09 better than 08.
  • To appreciate all I DO have.
  • To be the best me I can be, on any given day.

Here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous 09 for us all! :hug:

Well 2 out of 4 isn't bad , hows everyone else doing. The first 2 I havn't managed yet.'

To quit smoking
To quit drinking (alcohol that is)
To finish my hairdressing course
To finish my indian head massage course

i want to get into theater work, find someone reliable to work with me on my weddings ect and just to be happy and o have no one die on me this year. and to wish health and happiness to all.

my hopes and dreams for 2009 were as above and so far not done to bad, i have been working with a theater group doing the make up, i did find someone reliable and very good to work with me but she is now pregnant and cant carry on with me but have found someone else, have been very happy as i am now doing my certificate in education and shadowing my media make-up tutor, also been asked to teach the hair unit of the media make-up course, im happy and healthy, just one we didn't achieve (rest in peace bob) and i hope that you are all happy and healthy. to get to know my birth mum after 40 years and maybe get to know my half brother and sister very strange and eventfull year already cant wait to see what the next 6 months bring. :lol::hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back