E E Complaint! Any advise would be lovely..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justlashes

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I wonder if any of you can offer some advise...

Around 9 days ago I lashed a Lady. I carried out patch test and popped a couple of lashes on her a couple of days before and all was fine. Her own lashes were good lashes and I used C .20's - lengths of 8,10,11,12.

Lashes went on great and I gave her an aftercare leaflet. She asked how to remove any eyemake up that she may want to use and I advised a non oily remover etc - and I told her that I, personally, use the Johnsons wipes as they don't cling to my lashes and leave fibres like some brands do plus they are swift at removing any make up.

She texted me today to say that last night, she removed some eyemake up using the wipes I suggested and all of her extensions came off taking many natural lashes with them and the few natural lashes she had left looked frazzled on the ends !

Have any of you had this happen before? I am really worried that I have damaged her lashes but I have done plenty of sets and this is the first time this has happened to me.

Is it possible that some ladies just cannot have extensions - even if their own lashes look good and strong?

Why would her remaining lashes look frazzled? I really don't understand!

She is coming up tomorrow night for me to have a look. Should I suggest she comes back in a week or so, so that I can pop some more in? If so, do I go for perhaps a lighter lash? I guess I would have to go for a shorter one if her little lashes havn't grown much?

What would you do Ladies?

Thanks xxx

She texted me today to say that last night, she removed some eyemake up using the wipes I suggested and all of her extensions came off taking many natural lashes with them and the few natural lashes she had left looked frazzled on the ends !

Get her to show you how she wiped her makeup off and ask her what makeup she had on.

Sounds like she could have had mascara on and\or she's not just wiped over the lid, that she's rubbed too hard and over the lashes making them come off.

Just wait and see what they look like first though before you start questioning yourself that you've done something wrong.

Get her to show you how she wiped her makeup off and ask her what makeup she had on.

Sounds like she could have had mascara on and\or she's not just wiped over the lid, that she's rubbed too hard and over the lashes making them come off.

Just wait and see what they look like first though before you start questioning yourself that you've done something wrong.

Thank you honey...will do x

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

hmmm I smell a rat.

she just wiped the lashes and they came off? really? I sit for 30 mins trying to budge lashes sometimes and thats with the correct remover!!!

Shes been picking methinks! I dont know what adhesive you have been using hon, but seriously, since when has that ever happened before to you????

how old is your adhesive? could it have gone off??

I dont normally jump up and down manically blaming customers.. but this occasion has my alarm bells ringing!!

tigi

I would have to agree with Tigi.....have you ever tried to get the extensions off without remover? it takes some fair pulling to get the extensions off and they will pull the natural lash which is quite painful.

Bit like nail extensions they dont just "fall off" if they are applied properly and have a good bond. Presumably she didnt have a problem with the patch test you have done and if you have primed and applied the lashes correctly they dont fall off by themselves and if she says her natural lashes have fallen out also as well as the remainders being frazzled that shows that she must have done something either by removing the makeup or with the products she has used.

See for yourself what the lashes look like but dont doubt yourself before you have seen and decided what has happened!

When having extensions removing make up it a bit tricky.
You should not advise to use wipes as this will result in pulling lashes out.
Instead, use cotton bud to gently remove eye make up.

Thanks Ladies. I used Eyelash Emporium glue and its always been brill. I've used the same bottle on other Ladies since and they still have tons of lashes so I don't think its the glue.

I normally don't recommend wipes, but this particular brand (Johnson's) I find to be virtually fibreless and doesn't leave little fibres or tugs on lashes and so when she asked me what I used, I thought those wipes would be OK. However, should I recommend something else to remove eye make up? I know cotton buds were mentioned but would they not leave fibres?

I also agree that I did smell a tiny rat as I know from experience that generally once those lashes are on, nothing will budge them until the lash sheds!

Assuming when she gets here later that she really has just some stubbies left, should I ask her to come back in a week or so to put some more on or suggest putting a few shorter, fine lashes on tonight so she's not to bald?

Am even wondering whether EE's are just not for her. Have you ever had somebody who just isn't designed to wear EE's! ?

Thanks honies xxxxx

Meant to add that the patch test and the couple of test lashes were fine. I also used protein remover and primed before hand....x

Most make up wipes contain oil so never recommend anything other than the brand you are using I use lash perfect and their eye make up remover is great xx

Thank you....what would you use to apply the eye make up remover as I find cotton wool pads leave fibres.

Are there any high street brands of eye make up remover you would recommend?

X

Latest posts

Back