ear candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ear candling aside there is plenty of scientific proof around that many holistic therapies do actually work.
If you have studied anatomy and physiology ,which all the qualified therapists will have ,you will have an understanding of how they can work.
Briefly,increasing blood flow,increasing lymph flow,relaxing someone ,calming them,touching them,talking to them can all assist in aiding the body to boost its immune system,bring down blood pressure,relax muscles and of course the feel good factor,the list is endless.

Holistic therapies are practised in hospitals,they are invaluable to the terminally ill studies have shown that those having therapies can manage pain better and cope with their illness better.Premature babies gain weight quicker when massaged than babies who dont get massaged.
Animals have even been proven to benefit from some holistic therapies which challenges the theory that its all to do with the placebo effect.

Im not an away with the fairies type person im not gullible or easily fooled.
Again i will add that a qualified professional person never tells a person they can cure them of anything ,that IS the voice of the charlatan or quack .

Genuine holistic therapists are caring,honest open minded people who do what they do because they love it and they love the feedback they get and the reward when someone can say they feel great or they havent had a headache for a month or they are coping a lot better with their busy life.
They arnt rubbing their hands together and laughing because they have just had £30 quid off another poor gullible sod who they have managed to fool.

I am really baffled here. To me, this site is about salon professionalism and professionalism places ethics and the client at its heart. Professionalism doesn't take scientific fact 'if and when it suits'.

I left the discussion open for anyone to convince me that we should openly promote, discuss and encourage services whose claims are investigated and as a result are proven to be totally untrue. I didn't really get a response, especially one that would convince me otherwise.

While I am very much open to holistic, alternative therapies - I just cannot agree with openly promoting treatments that are proven to be totally ineffective at any of the claims the treatment makes. Remember, SalonGeek.com is a site dedicated to education and education is based on facts. To promote services as valid when they have been proven to be not, is irresponsible as a salon professional to the 10,000 visitors a day that browse the site.

So, if you want to talk about promoting this as a service by qualified therapists for relaxation - fine. However threads that stray from truth and facts will simply link to this studies and this thread and finally close.

Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back