ear piercing babies/children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont do it to babys. Maybe half the reason is i have a 16 month boy and it melts my heart to see him bosh his head on the wall etc and cry.
Its not their choice to have it done, its not for their health or well being, infact, its a bit dangerous, jewellery and babys. I think the age 6 is perfect to consider getting it done.

I chose not to have children because I couldn't be sure that I would make a good enough job of raising them well.
I don't like to see little children with earrings. I really don't like to see men wearing earrings. If I offered ear piercing (which I don't, and have no intention of offering) I wouldn't pierce anybody under 18. It's my salon, and dem's da rules! There are plenty of places where someone under 18 could get pierced, and that's just fine with me.

isnt cercumsition (oh my word i cant spell that, i mean a willy operation) mainly for health reasons?? thats the only reason i considered my little boy having it done.

Unless having his ears done will help him avoid ear infections (quite the opposite actually) i wont make him have it done, ill wait till he says "mumy i want to look like david beckham" and ill say "darling, why david beckham? why not orlando bloom?" ha joke.

Fashion is so shallow, but culture is a different thing.

Hey, i got a tattoo when i was 17 and im only 28 and already booked in for my first lazer, that could set me bac £1000 or more, if my mother had done that too me, id slap her silly!The only person i have to blame is me, and my drunk tattooist.

Circumcision is also carried out as part of the Jewish faith. The Bris is performed by a Mohel on the 8th day of life.
Hmmm.

I don't actually do ear piercing, but if i did then i certainly would not offer this procedure to primary school children let alone babies. My daughter is 3 years old and even her movements can be flighty and uncontrolled at times. I feel that i would constantly be worried of either herself or one of her pals tearing out the earings. Maybe i'm just being an over protective mum but i wouldn't want my daughter wearing earings when for 1. Is unable to express confidently that she wanted them and 2. She is able to clean and take the earing out herself.

I'm not being funny here....honestly....but we are talking about EAR PIERCING.
Not tattooing kids, circumcision or anything else.
Jeez it's ear piercing if they don't like it or the parent/child decides it was a bad move then take the bl**dy earrings out and the holes close up!!
What decade is this??:rolleyes:
It's the choice of the child or the parent and if you don't want to offer it as a service it's up to you.
Leave it and only offer it to adults if that's the case.....mind you why bother because most adults have already had them done haven't they??
We are in 2008 not 1965.
If you trained to do a job then why not offer it as a service?
If not.... sell your kit and let others take the business you are losing.:)

I'm trained to do manual evacuations but I'm not planning to add it to my treatment menu!
:D

I'm trained to do manual evacuations but I'm not planning to add it to my treatment menu!
:D

I think we're going "off topic" again here aren't we:lol:

This argument has been done before. i think it should close now!! someone think of a new thread.

Everyone has a right to ask something on here good/bad or if it's been done before. A good debate is healthy on here,we ALL have point's of view,it's up to the person who started the thread or a mod ,if THEY feel it's getting out of hand or run it's course to close a thread.

I actually think this has been a good thread....

It hasn't got too out of hand....I can 'feel' the passion but I think the arguments on both sides are both valid and interesting....and it is good to know how we feel....

regarding babies and jewellery being a tad dangerous....I think I might just have enough experience to say that having had 3 daughters all pierced as babies....that so long as you don't put great big dobbin hoops or such like in their ears and keep them to simple studs then there should never be a problem....
My son has had a gold identity bracelet on since he was born....and never ever touched it...because to him it is just part of him....
The same with earrings in babies....they don't yank at them because it is just part of them....

As for getting older....seriously is there anyone who knows of an older child or adult who would berate their parent for getting their ears pierced when they hadn't given their consent?
If there is anyone out there then admit it, they will be in the minority....
And unless their parents had put warrior hoops in their ears so it left a great big gaping hole is it so bad just to leave out the earrings and let the hole heal up? It is a bit extreme to say it leaves a scar....:rolleyes:

However as people and parents we will always have our opinions and morals...and it is the same in the workplace....

I wouldn't look down upon someone for not letting their children have their ears pierced....the same way I would hope someone wouldn't look down upon me for letting them.....:hug:

Has anyone ever met an adult woman who wished they had not had their ears pierced? I never have. Met lots of people who moaned that their parents wouldn't let them have them done until they were 'x' age so they had to wait.:)

I have ... :lol:... my mates daughter, who when 16 asked her mum if she could have her tongue pierced. Her mum said no she wasnt old enough and the daughter replied "funny you though i was old enough at 4 months to pierce my ears"

She had a point eh !!

Maybe i am just old fashioned but babies are pure...new...innocent...why do they need earing's ..?? they are just babies. I don't like seeing babies in denims and baseball caps either...whats wrong with baby grows and hand knitted cardigans.

I have ... :lol:... my mates daughter, who when 16 asked her mum if she could have her tongue pierced. Her mum said no she wasnt old enough and the daughter replied "funny you though i was old enough at 4 months to pierce my ears"

She had a point eh !! Well she wasn't really complaining about her ears being pierced was she?! :lol:

Maybe i am just old fashioned but babies are pure...new...innocent...why do they need earing's ..?? they are just babies. I don't like seeing babies in denims and baseball caps either...whats wrong with baby grows and hand knitted cardigans.

And do you know, personally I have chosen not to pierce my babies ears, also never dressed them in the clothes you described either for the same reasons as you give, but I'm not going to judge others because they make different choices to me.

And do you know, personally I have chosen not to pierce my babies ears, also never dressed them in the clothes you described either for the same reasons as you give, but I'm not going to judge others because they make different choices to me.

nor am I hun...each to their own...i am just giving my preference on the matter.

I guess even as parents we draw the line somewhere....

I love little dinky earrings in baby girls....especially as mine have all been baldy blondes and frankly looked like boys.....hence the earrings....
( I am a hypocrite in a certain sense because I would die if my boys had their ears pierced )

I don't like trendy clothes for babies either....babygro's have always been their wardrobe when they were dinky dots....but a little gold stud just let the world know I was the proud mother of a beautiful daughter....and not a mother who would dress a boy in a pink babygro :irked: Some people are just plain stupid and I am afraid I would get sick of ''oh isn't he lovely'' ..... ( I did have a pushchair with bright pink on it for my little boy though....so I am stupid PMSL :smack: )

(As for the girl who wanted the belly piercing and made the comment that her mother pierced her ears at 4 months....it is a good comment to make....but not exactly was she saying she wished her mother HAD'NT pierced her ears....:lol: )

Has anyone ever met an adult woman who wished they had not had their ears pierced? I never have.

me.
I wish I hadn't. I feel kinda violated now, not whole somehow.
I like being a bit different, but having pierced ears means I'm just like everyone else!

I have met and interviewed Under Caution people on tape and on video. For other reasons than piercing a kids ears. Much worse tbh.
Does that mean that AS A NAIL TECH ETC. I'm gonna do this with clients??
Get a grip people.
This is about EAR PIERCING.
There seems to be a lot of people on the site atm who have very conservative ideas.
It's also another reason I can't be bothered to post so much these days. Which is a shame really.
But hell???? Ear piercing became such a tragedy overnight????
If you don't offer it as a service then for Gods sake don't train in it. If you do then OFFER it. What the heck are you... a charity or a business??

I have met and interviewed Under Caution people on tape and on video. For other reasons than piercing a kids ears. Much worse tbh.
Does that mean that AS A NAIL TECH ETC. I'm gonna do this with clients??
Get a grip people.
This is about EAR PIERCING.
There seems to be a lot of people on the site atm who have very conservative ideas.
It's also another reason I can't be bothered to post so much these days. Which is a shame really.
But hell???? Ear piercing became such a tragedy overnight????
If you don't offer it as a service then for Gods sake don't train in it. If you do then OFFER it. What the heck are you... a charity or a business??

we are talking about BABIES/TODDLERS not earpiercing as a whole.

hi would love to know geeks views on this??

do you do it? whats the youngest you've pierced?

do you offer it but wouldnt let your own kids have it done??

have you pierced your own childrens ears??

we are talking about BABIES/TODDLERS not earpiercing as a whole.

Yes we are talking about ear piercing because that is what the original question was!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back