ear piercing babies/children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claire-louise

Reaction score
hi would love to know geeks views on this??

do you do it? whats the youngest you've pierced?

do you offer it but wouldnt let your own kids have it done??

have you pierced your own childrens ears??

hi would love to know geeks views on this??

Yes
Babies as long as they have had all their vaccinations with parental consent.

do you offer it but wouldnt let your own kids have it done??
No

have you pierced your own childrens ears??
Yes this morning:)

Nobody under 6.
do you offer it but wouldn't let your own kids have it done??
No
have you pierced your own children's ears??
I have pierced my 16 year olds but my 6 year old isn't interested in having them done.

My policy is not to pierce anyone under 6. This is purely because I am a coward and don't want to make little ones cry!!:lol:

All under 16's have to have parental permission and attendance.

Ok i don't do ear piercing but if i did i wouldn't do anyone who wasn't old enough to say "i want my ears pierced please"

Principally it is a matter of the rights of the individual.

No parent or guardian has the right to put holes into or mark their child's body in any way if the child has not been able to give their consent.

Obviously a baby of six months is totally unable to make that decision and it should certainly not be made on the baby's behalf.

Just my opinion on why I wouldn't do it or have my own babies ears done.

Last edited:
Maybe geeks will disagree with me, but although I dont do piercings, yet, I would pierce babies (will parental consent obviously :),
The pain is so quick and short-lasting, after a biscuit they'll forget it even happened!
x

ok i don't do ear piercing but if i did i wouldn't do anyone who wasn't old enough to say "i want my ears pierced please"

principally it is a matter of the rights of the individual.

No parent or guardian has the right to put holes into or mark their child's body in any way if the child has not been able to give their consent.

Obviously a baby of six months is totally unable to make that decision and it should certainly not be made on the baby's behalf.

Just my opinion on why i wouldn't do it or have my own babies ears done.
here here !!!!!!

my son is 7 he had his ear done on sat, i had mine done when i was 4 months old. and my little girl wants hers done and she is 3.

i dont see anything wrong with, just my 2cents:)

I had mine done when I was a baby, about 8 months. I did my eldest daughter @ 4yrs but she created so much after having them re: cleaning and turning them.... then 1 came out, she wouldn't let me put it back in, or take the other out... what a nightmare... anyway, got the other out eventually.
Then I got my youngest daughters done when she was 13months, no problem what so ever.... hardly a tear... so my eldest decided to have hers done again since my youngest had hers done..... more tears than the little 1, but she was much better when it came to looking after them this time round, she was nearly 6 this time round.
Anyway... in my view, it was better getting them done when babies/ toddlers as they don't fiddle with them, or make a fuss about having them done or cleaned later on.
hth:hug:

I went on a course and got a certificate to pierce ears and I did my boys ears however, I was told on the course that if a parent came to me to have their childs ears/ear pierced it was up to me to make that decision to pierce it especially if the child was under 6. Basically, there is no age restriction (except for newborns) but I would not pierce a childs ear under the age of 6. I did it with mine but I took rfull esponsibility for that and my husbaband agreed with me.

do you do it? Yes, absolutely

whats the youngest you've pierced? 6 weeks

do you offer it but wouldnt let your own kids have it done?? I wouldn't perfom a service on someone else's child that I would not do on my own.

have you pierced your own childrens ears?? Yes, my daughter had hers done at 4 weeks old

I personally find that the younger they are, the better they heal. no little dirty hands to play with their ears.

I don't and won't be doing any form of piercings - just not in my market. If I was to do piercings I'd love to do body piercing, but that is just a personal interest and I know it will never happen from a business point of view.

As for kids having ears pierced ... no i wouldn't.

Why? For what its worth I don't think it looks very nice, I just don't get it and why people do it to their kids.

It is a non-medical body modification procedure and as far as I am concerned that body belongs to that person and only that person should have the control through informed consent to be able to say yes I wish to modify my body for my own vanity or to improve my aesthetic appearance as I see fit. No other person should ever physically interfere with any persons body or physical appearence for non-medical purposes.

Mat

Ok i don't do ear piercing but if i did i wouldn't do anyone who wasn't old enough to say "i want my ears pierced please"

Principally it is a matter of the rights of the individual.

Just my opinion on why I wouldn't do it or have my own babies ears done.

I 100% agree :!:

Ask me again if this baby is a girl :rolleyes: :o

Always make sure you check with your insurance company, as many will have minimum age limits for treatments like this.

Why in gods name would anyone do a 4 week old baby its criminal.!! Good god.

I don't currently offer ear piercing. I have been thinking about it.

As far as kids go - I had my daughters done when she was 7. My Mum made me wait until I was 16 before she allowed it! So I'd allow kids 6 yrs and older.

Babies...some may not agree, but I think a baby with pierced ears looks horrible. It's not the choice of the baby, but the parent wanting this.
Why do you think it looks nice?
In the area I live, there are lots of small babies with ears pierced. The worst thing I saw was a baby with great big creoles hanging off it's ears, gold round it's neck and dressed in some label or other. In my opinion, it looked cheap & nasty - poor kid. That's my thoughts on babies - I'm sure you will shout at me....

I am going to keep my opinions out of this....but I have 3 girls...all with pierced ears....

But...in Spain in particular....they pierce baby girls ears in hospital when they are born...I have been told it is the midife who does it but am not sure about that....

Piercing the ears is a way of knowing the sex of the baby here in Spain...no earrings....then it is a boy...even if the baby is dressed head to toe in frilly pink with pink blankets etc...no earrings means it is a boy!!!! :eek:

Believe me I have experienced this first hand.....

Why in gods name would anyone do a 4 week old baby its criminal.!! Good god.

To say its criminal when some one already said they pierced their 4 week old baby's ears isn't called for in my opinion. You might not like it but each to their own. Also, some cultures do pierce their children's ears very very young almost routinely and I do feel when we voice opinions we should keep that in mind too.

If I'd had a baby girl though last time I cant say for certain I wouldn't have been tempted. After 4 boys I was so desperate for a girl I think anything I could have done that was girly wouldn't have slipped by.

:hug::hug:

We have people on both ends of the argument here and thats good, so please don't feel you need to withold your opinions or thoughts on the matter. As one of my fave quotes goes "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it". And quite frankly differing opinions are what make constructive discussion and debate so enjoyable, and help us to learn about other people and cultures - never know about the piercing babies in Spain.

Mat

I'm all for debate and open opinion unless it seems to get personal. :hug:

I'm all for debate and open opinion unless it seems to get personal. :hug:

I second that....

so to go back on my earlier opinion of not giving an opinion :lol: here is my opinion for what it's worth...

I had my first daughters ears pierced at 10 months.... she was asleep through it all....

My second daughter was 3 months old....and she cried briefly....but she started crying before it was done...stopped while her ear was pierced....cried again....stopped when the other was done....then cried again....

They were both done in the UK...and no problems afterwards....nothing whatsoever....

My third daughter was done at 3 weeks here in Spain....again not even a flinch as she was asleep. I admit I was not too sure about it but a Spanish friend held her for me.... No problems afterwards either.....

Now I fully understand the issue about violating their rights at a young age by putting holes in their bodies....

but.... My girls have thanked my for having their ears done when they did...they would have had them done as soon as they could anyway they said....

I remember begging my mum when I was 7 years old to let me have mine done....I had been at her for ages to let me...and eventually she did but she ran off crying while they were piercing me :eek:

I myself do not do ear piercing....but if I did I would do young children yes and babies too...I would be a hypocrite if I said no......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back